The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Sorc nerfs. Again. PvE perspective

ArvenAldmeri
ArvenAldmeri
✭✭✭✭✭
Nerf to aoe (half of the sorc toolkit), nerf to lightning splash itself, no buff to crystal frag (no, its not buffed, thats why they stated it retains the previous damage), nerf to shield, nerf to pets (other half of sorc toolkit). Good job, Zenimax, I see the people making these changes obviously play nightblade.
Edited by ArvenAldmeri on July 7, 2019 11:18AM
Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Evito
    Evito
    ✭✭✭
    All the sorcs will magically become templars.

With these changes there is no reason to play sorc, they have nothing to offer whatsoever.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorcs will still remain strong in PvP for sure, especially with the stacking cost on Streak getting reduced. The only nerfs are to shield strength, and Master Staff + Destructive Reach spam (which affects some other builds more than Sorcs, since they don't have decent CC options). Meanwhile, the burst combo got a little cheaper, and the already outstanding mobility got buffed.

The shield nerf certainly isn't meaningless, but a lot of the survivability comes from mobility anyway.

Edit: Woops, forgot about the cost increase on Sorc shields. I'm a little more iffy on that, but will need to wait and see just how things play out.
    Edited by wheem_ESO on July 7, 2019 11:00AM
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Mag Sorcs will still remain strong in PvP for sure, especially with the stacking cost on Streak getting reduced. The only nerfs are to shield strength, and Master Staff + Destructive Reach spam (which affects some other builds more than Sorcs, since they don't have decent CC options). Meanwhile, the burst combo got a little cheaper, and the already outstanding mobility got buffed.

The shield nerf certainly isn't meaningless, but a lot of the survivability comes from mobility anyway.

Edit: Woops, forgot about the cost increase on Sorc shields. I'm a little more iffy on that, but will need to wait and see just how things play out.

PvE. I am talking PvE.I dont play pvp and I couldnt care less about that part tbh.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@wheem_ESO Not everyone pvps, nor do everyone give a *** about pvp. And OP made it pretty clear that this was about pve. So what exactly is the point of your comment?
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In light of such widespread changes, we should be discussing entire class kits. Bickering among ourselves over pvp vs pve kits doesn't help.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@wheem_ESO Not everyone pvps, nor do everyone give a *** about pvp. And OP made it pretty clear that this was about pve. So what exactly is the point of your comment?
    He edited the title, since PvE was not mentioned initially.

Even then, everyone's AOE damage got nerfed in PvE; that wasn't something exclusive to Mag Sorcs. If pet Sorcs end up moving down a little in PvE damage, relative to some other classes - so what? The only real casualty in that case is ego, it's not like you're competing against the other players in your trial. The PvE DPS pecking order changes from time to time, it's really not that big of a deal, as long as the changes don't end up being too drastic (and I'm reasonably confident that they aren't).
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvE. I am talking PvE.I dont play pvp and I couldnt care less about that part tbh.

It doesn't matter what you mean or say fella, this forum is anti sorc.

They could remove the class and people would still cry for nerfs. Hopefully this will silence some folks but i doubt it.

(i main a sorc fyi)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jensmom
    Jensmom
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a newsflash for the developers: The people who spend REAL money on this game are PvE players! STOP catering to the noisy PvP players and/or make it so things they complain about (Earthgore anyone? - That helm was not easy to get and all who worked hard for it just lost a LONG STANDING tool in the healer realm) just don't function in Cyrodiil. The latest "leak" has made it seem that ESO is trying to become WoW...WHY?
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Evito wrote: »
    All the sorcs will magically become templars.

With these changes there is no reason to play sorc, they have nothing to offer whatsoever.

Templars got heavy nerfs too. 42% blazing spear nerf, 33% solar Barrage nerf, Sustain nerf too alongside it. With orbs being basically gone I guess its time to return to the heavy attack Rotation stamdk.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you calm down, you will notice that not just Sorcs, all classes(both stam and mag) had their AoEs nerfed. At least you are lucky to get three new DoTs unlike classes like say Stamblade, who got their class DoT(Shades) nerfed without any replacement.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    If you calm down, you will notice that not just Sorcs, all classes(both stam and mag) had their AoEs nerfed. At least you are lucky to get three new DoTs unlike classes like say Stamblade, who got their class DoT(Shades) nerfed without any replacement.

well deadly cloak is now a true aoe dot, it is going to be on every bar now, and 2h got a ground aoe finally, in stampede. so there is replacements for shades, even though that skill only got a 9% damage decrease.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

soultrap also scales with stam there you go^^
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Time to get some Maelstrom Arenas in before I bench my sorc.

By the looks of it a merciless charge 2H axe will be handy in the new meta....

• NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember not so long ago when having more then 1 sorc in your BG team meant 80% 3rd place(if other teams had 0).

I think with these balance issues and patch notes it should be considered to cancel implemented PvP as a whole, and make entirely seperated PvP, with different classes (their skill could be a ripp of from existing ones with different stats).

Most of the players are PvE mains. Most of the balance issues come from PvP experience. So seperate these two entirely, so one group balance issues wouldn't ruin the other group experience. Now I'm certain ZOS (I dont know other MMOs so maybe its not about ZOS) can't handle the balance situation.

You would have a different character for PvP like a companion (so in Log in screen you would have same amount of tons), and the achievements would be "shared" in the same tab as now, but armor sets, skills, CP passives would not.

That way balancing would be musch easier in my opinion.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeroBad wrote: »
    I remember not so long ago when having more then 1 sorc in your BG team meant 80% 3rd place(if other teams had 0).

I think with these balance issues and patch notes it should be considered to cancel implemented PvP as a whole, and make entirely seperated PvP, with different classes (their skill could be a ripp of from existing ones with different stats).

Most of the players are PvE mains. Most of the balance issues come from PvP experience. So seperate these two entirely, so one group balance issues wouldn't ruin the other group experience. Now I'm certain ZOS (I dont know other MMOs so maybe its not about ZOS) can't handle the balance situation.

You would have a different character for PvP like a companion (so in Log in screen you would have same amount of tons), and the achievements would be "shared" in the same tab as now, but armor sets, skills, CP passives would not.

That way balancing would be musch easier in my opinion.

I keep saying that for years, they should make pvp and pve changes separate because like this its just terrible.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    INB4LOCK

The class had enough nerfs already, quit teh game or switch to a sorc if you cant handle this.

Templar*

oh damn i am still so sorry for the templars. now basicly sorcerers became templar 2.0.
    Disgusting...
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jensmom wrote: »
    Here's a newsflash for the developers: The people who spend REAL money on this game are PvE players! STOP catering to the noisy PvP players and/or make it so things they complain about (Earthgore anyone? - That helm was not easy to get and all who worked hard for it just lost a LONG STANDING tool in the healer realm) just don't function in Cyrodiil. The latest "leak" has made it seem that ESO is trying to become WoW...WHY?

oh sheet if thats going to happen even in slow steps this game is going to die out like a binlk of an eye. And i even bet my life and my soul on that.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]
    Wrong.
    "Destructive Reach (morph): This morph retains the unique functionality for each elemental staff type you choose, but no longer deals damage over time."
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 7, 2019 8:48PM
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArvenAldmeri you have all my sympathy at having to deal with the nonsense that's being thrown at you in this post
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and i made a mistake, there are 3! single target dots coming to mag users, soul trap, entropy AND destructive reach. so much variety now. it is going to be great.

Awesome sorc abilities! :D /sarcasm

They even had to tone down annulment to ensure it would not over-perform conjured ward already.

• StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does it make sense to you that they would call the one that does not have the range extension, "reach", come on man, use your brain.

If you used yours (13 years old one) more, you would see that this skill got gutted as well. There are no extra elemental bonus effects. It's not as strong as it seems.
    After this patch sorcs will hit like wet noodles if they try to fight a group of monsters in dungeon. This is the main problem people complain about.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shield nerf is needed, current state of shield stacking is purely broken but other nerfs are unjustified
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 7, 2019 2:15PM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

It doesn't matter what you mean or say fella, this forum is anti sorc.

They could remove the class and people would still cry for nerfs. Hopefully this will silence some folks but i doubt it.

(i main a sorc fyi)

they might as well, they gutted the class, previously, now they seem determined to castrate it and blind it as well.

what a shame.

sorc main here, too.

• Alsaroth
    Alsaroth
    ✭✭
    This is (some of) the worst changes I have ever seen in the game. Raising costs for sorcs. and necros while gimping the sorcs. damage, shields, pets and more? I "retired" my old sorc. main in favour of a new, necro one, and now I'm glad I did. I also noticed that templars are hit hard. So what players do they hope to please? Look at what classes get better. I hope very little of these changes make it to release.
    Edited by Alsaroth on July 7, 2019 2:27PM
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    Shield nerf is needed, current state of shield stacking is purely broken but other nerfs are unjustified

No one besides of some noobs are stacking several layers of shields in PvP or PvE. And besides of this, every ability has its cost, not only from the point of resource consumption, but also because of the time to apply these shields, while the opponent can e.g. go full offensive.
    Edited by Adernath on July 7, 2019 2:47PM
  • KatySpirit
    KatySpirit
    ✭✭✭
    Keep playing the class(es) you like, no one should have to change class because of a stupid patch.

These nerfs really are garbage. I don't play sorcerer DPS that much (I don't DPS much, mine mainly exist to do quests) but from the looks of it they are trying to make magsorc as reliant on non-class skills as stamsorc is. Absolutely ridiculous, what's the point of having classes if non-class skills are infinitely better?

Imo, no one should want others to take nerfs, that's the whole point of having a TEAM. Anytime a class is weakened, my team is weakened. I don't like that.
    Tanks: Warden, Nightblade, Dragonknight
    Healers: Nightblade, Templar, Warden, Sorcerer, Dragonknight, Necromancer
    DPS: Magsorc, Magblade, Magplar, MagDK, Stamblade, StamNecro
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KatySpirit wrote: »
    Keep playing the class(es) you like, no one should have to change class because of a stupid patch.

[...]

Imo, no one should want others to take nerfs, that's the whole point of having a TEAM. Anytime a class is weakened, my team is weakened. I don't like that.

Well said !
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    does it make sense to you that they would call the one that does not have the range extension, "reach", come on man, use your brain.

If you used yours (13 years old one) more, you would see that this skill got gutted as well. There are no extra elemental bonus effects. It's not as strong as it seems.
    After this patch sorcs will hit like wet noodles if they try to fight a group of monsters in dungeon. This is the main problem people complain about.

all i see is a buff to a skill there is no reason to slot in pve currently. it will be a great dot now, in line with all other single target dot, while still having the chance to proc the destro staff passives and the element status effects.

and the bonuses you are talking about, the knockback from fire, stun from lightning(current, this is going away on clench in the patch) and the immobilize on frost, are not good for pve dps. they are hindrance. a reason not to use the skill. AND if you want those things, use the other morph. simple.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That being said if only they'd give me a class change token I could finally go stamden on my main and be ignored by most calls to nerf and have a stable-ish build.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Lightning type damage took a big nerf. So our lightning damage passive is now all but useless.

Wont be using lightning staves so wont be proccing conc/ off balance for the group.

Our healing also got gutted. No reason to take a sorc to a trial...

So glad I levelled my stam dk.
This discussion has been closed.