The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What’s your most hated enemy class in PvP?

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I can’t stand healbot magplars, you can’t kill them or anyone around them. I think it’s bad game design for a healer to be tanky. Healers should be squishy so if they are singled out by a dps or or off tank they can be killed in a duel but still have damage abilities to defend themselves. Good gameplay for a healer should be hiding behind teammates and having their dps protect them because they are a high priority target. Healer in ESO currently is a brain dead position.

If that was the case no one would play one.

I’d counter that the benefit of healers is it makes damage dealers a non-brain dead job. If someone’s only targeting and spamming the same burst combo on the closest person that sounds pretty brain dead to me.

With healers and tanky types targets matter.

People will always play healer because it’s such a important role. The thing about dps is you can’t spam the same burst combo over and over to get a kill you still have to understand when to implement you combo or coordinated ult dump. Healers do make a dps job much easier though you are right about that. Healers are basically the glue of the team. You should never be able to be a full out tank healer. If it takes 3 people to kill a healer the only way to wipe a group with 3 or more of those tanky healers is by bringing a full 24 man raid for the most part.

Also a healer will still have the ability to defend and kill their opponent if they outplay them but they should be at a disadvantage when caught out of position by a dps character. Currently I have had healers crouch up and down while I’m fighting them because they no there is no way for me to kill them. This is fine from a tank player but it’s broken on a spec that can also now keep everyone alive. A solo dps or healer should always be able to be killed by another dps if the dps forces the player into a bad position. ESO has it’s roles messed up and that is what’s causing most of the balance problems.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Nostrabar wrote: »
    Neloth wrote: »
    Vietfox wrote: »
    Lol, some people here don't know what detect pots are 😂

Some people here don’t know about the existence of shieldbreaker
    :|

Sooooo, to counter that annoying medium armor nightblade, you need to either
    1. Use a pot that will also give you your primary resource/recovery back, or
    2. Actually press the button for Magelight
    To counter a shielded target (but let's be real, we know this means a magsorc), you need to either
    1. Use half/all of your armor to get a proc through their shields
    2. Change all your glyphs to the freshly nerfed Oblivion
    I'm not saying they should nerf sorcs, I'm saying they should bring everyone else up to the Sorcerer's level.

(*maniacal laughter*)

Shield breaker is pretty crappy now imo. The 12% gets hit too hard by diminishing returns.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Neloth wrote: »
    Vietfox wrote: »
    Lol, some people here don't know what detect pots are 😂

Some people here don’t know about the existence of shieldbreaker
    :|

Comparing pots, which are accessible to any class and build, with a 5 piece medium armor set.
    Good job.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shieldbreaker as a solution to kill Sorcs is pretty hilarious.

And I agree, full time healers should never be as tanky as tanks (and tanks shouldn’t be as capable of healing / damage as they are now).

Warhammer Online had this pretty neat stone - scissor - paper balance where it was

Tank > DPS > Healer (>Tank)

What we have now is just a display of ZOS incompetence of balancing. Being super tanky and dealing a ton of damage / healing is game breaking yet it’s the meta we have for quite a long time now.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I can’t stand healbot magplars, you can’t kill them or anyone around them. I think it’s bad game design for a healer to be tanky. Healers should be squishy so if they are singled out by a dps or or off tank they can be killed in a duel but still have damage abilities to defend themselves. Good gameplay for a healer should be hiding behind teammates and having their dps protect them because they are a high priority target. Healer in ESO currently is a brain dead position.

I’d counter that the benefit of healers is it makes damage dealers a non-brain dead job. If someone’s only targeting and spamming the same burst combo on the closest person that sounds pretty brain dead to me.

People will always play healer because it’s such a important role. The thing about dps is you can’t spam the same burst combo over and over to get a kill you still have to understand when to implement you combo or coordinated ult dump. Healers do make a dps job much easier though you are right about that. Healers are basically the glue of the team. You should never be able to be a full out tank healer. If it takes 3 people to kill a healer the only way to wipe a group with 3 or more of those tanky healers is by bringing a full 24 man raid for the most part.

Also a healer will still have the ability to defend and kill their opponent if they outplay them but they should be at a disadvantage when caught out of position by a dps character. Currently I have had healers crouch up and down while I’m fighting them because they no there is no way for me to kill them. This is fine from a tank player but it’s broken on a spec that can also now keep everyone alive. A solo dps or healer should always be able to be killed by another dps if the dps forces the player into a bad position. ESO has it’s roles messed up and that is what’s causing most of the balance problems.

Sounds like a CP issue. I can usually face tank 1 dps but that’s it, I also need to use abilities.

Thing is I’ve designed my build from the ground up to withstand one person without ults, then heal with the excess. Make it harder and I’d just cut healing until I could do it. Make it impossible and pvp will suck because it will favour damage too much over defense, so might as well play a shooter.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 3, 2019 5:22PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar

Sounds like a CP issue. I can usually face tank 1 dps but that’s it, I also need to use abilities.

Thing is I’ve designed my build from the ground up to withstand one person without ults, then heal with the excess. Make it harder and I’d just cut healing until I could do it. Make it impossible and pvp will suck because no one could do it, so might as well play a shooter.

It wouldn’t be impossible though because you would still have the offensive ability and the healing to protect yourself until your group got there to help. If you are being focused for a long period of time it was a positioning error on the healers part and it should be punished by a death. I don’t think this would be hard or impossible it would just mean healers would have to be more group oriented and focus more on not being out of position. Instead of face tanking damage which is how healers currently play but that’s bad game design.

With this being said I don’t want to get rid of tanks they provide a very important role for sieging keeps and also body blocking and creating space so the dps and healers don’t take too much pressure. I’m even fine with damage dealing off tanks like fury/7th Stam dk. A tank healbot is broken though. Healers are so much of a priority to kill that they shouldn’t be able to be unkillable tanks as well which most are. I don’t want ESO to be a shooter but I don’t want it to be groups of healbots standing on flags until one group lags out either.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer

Thing is I’ve designed my build from the ground up to withstand one person without ults, then heal with the excess. Make it harder and I’d just cut healing until I could do it. Make it impossible and pvp will suck because no one could do it, so might as well play a shooter.

It wouldn’t be impossible though because you would still have the offensive ability and the healing to protect yourself until your group got there to help. If you are being focused for a long period of time it was a positioning error on the healers part and it should be punished by a death. I don’t think this would be hard or impossible it would just mean healers would have to be more group oriented and focus more on not being out of position. Instead of face tanking damage which is how healers currently play but that’s bad game design.

With this being said I don’t want to get rid of tanks they provide a very important role for sieging keeps and also body blocking and creating space so the dps and healers don’t take too much pressure. I’m even fine with damage dealing off tanks like fury/7th Stam dk. A tank healbot is broken though. Healers are so much of a priority to kill that they shouldn’t be able to be unkillable tanks as well which most are. I don’t want ESO to be a shooter but I don’t want it to be groups of healbots standing on flags until one group lags out either.

I see what you’re saying but as is now in no-CP I’ll eventually fall, just have to attack my stam. It’s just not a quick combat, but eventually I’ll fall because I can’t kill you and run out of stamina. This is as a magblade though where my self healing is weaker then almost any other class.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs. It’s like a free trip to the zoo when you face a magsorc I mean shield sorc I mean pet sorc I mean Zoorc ?
  • Varaug_Gaming
    Varaug_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    easy answer

pet magsorcs

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which ever one it was that killed me last.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I had to pick one but, in all honesty, I hate any class played by someone else. Even the same one that I'm playing
    EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Whats that class called again? I dont remember, but its always hiding behind rocks and trees, and mostly when seen out of its safely hide, its transformed into a mistcloud.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    spammable invisibility is too powerful
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    Stam
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcs and their annoying zoo!!!!
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorc AD :

Are you sick and tired of having to think while pvping . Fear not cause your favorite class has just arrived. Reaction time pff , who needs that ,when you can shield up and zapp away like the walking god on earth you are. Why bother to deal with all those pesky class weaknesses when you can just have everything . Also ... do you like animals? With our fool proof pet build you can be a moving zoo. And if someone says you are using and op class just ignore them or type "it's a learn to play issue".

Create your sorc today!

Warning : Playing a zoo sorc may cause a severe case of delusion , parental control is advised
    Edited by Mitaka211 on July 5, 2019 7:05PM
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Mitaka211 wrote: »
    Sorc AD :

Are you sick and tired of having to think while pvping . Fear not cause your favorite class has just arrived. Reaction time pff , who needs that ,when you can shield up and zapp away like the walking god on earth you are. Why bother to deal with all those pesky class weaknesses when you can just have everything . Also ... do you like animals? With our fool proof pet build you can be a moving zoo. And if someone says you are using and op class just ignore them or type "it's a learn to play issue".

Create your sorc today!

Warning : Playing a zoo sorc may cause a severe case of delusion , parental control is advised

Create your stupid healbot, or heavy armor tank who face zerg and kills all ez, or nb who just go hide, bash necro?
    I can continue if you want xD
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorc AD :

Create your sorc today!

Create your stupid healbot, or heavy armor tank who face zerg and kills all ez, or nb who just go hide, bash necro?
    I can continue if you want xD

That is actually true lol. Eso's balance in a nutshell , cant' disagree :D
    buut pet sorc is still a lot worse than all of them , like a mile away.
    Edited by Mitaka211 on July 6, 2019 6:23AM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Sorc AD :

Create your sorc today!

Sounds exactly like a Learn to Play issue. More so if you are playing a stamina spec.

Other Magicka Specs, do need to complain. But not about Sorc being OP. They need to complain about being inferior to nearly every other Spec in the game. They are completely under performing comparably to their Stamina counterparts and MagSorc pulls a head of them be a decent amount. But still nowhere close to as much as stamina specs.

Again L2P!
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    stamina
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Saying nightblade only because of cloak--it just feels cowardly, and it's the only ability i need a specific (and otherwise useless) potion to counter.

At least I can build to fight against sorc shields, but they're a close 2nd.