Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Vanity Pet

Raynekatt
Raynekatt
Is there a way to dismiss the vanity pets with a keyboard command?

I ask as a friend had the mudcrab pet on his Q bar, summoned it, got tired of it, deleted the pet from his inventory, but the mudcrab is still following him around. He has logged in and out of the game and it's been with him for the past 2 days (computer has been turned off and what not during that time). No matter what he does, the pet is still there following him.

Is there something he can do to make it stop?
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    Has he tried to go to Cyrodiil with it? for some reason my pets disappear when i teleport there and i need to recall it. but then mine also randomly leaves now and then when out playing in PvE too, only way i know to manually send it back is to reclick it, however if your friend has deleted it then he can't do that
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Raynekatt
    Raynekatt
    Thanks, @Tiyamel‌ , I'll suggest Cyrodiil to him and see if it works.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiyamel wrote: »
    Has he tried to go to Cyrodiil with it? for some reason my pets disappear when i teleport there and i need to recall it. but then mine also randomly leaves now and then when out playing in PvE too, only way i know to manually send it back is to reclick it, however if your friend has deleted it then he can't do that

Good to hear that I won't have to see pets there. For some reason? Can't you really imagine the most obvious reasons? ;-)

I wish there would be an option to disable them completely for myself. I don't want to see them.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't you just sell it to a vendor?:P Or put it in the bank Storage?
  • Raynekatt
    Raynekatt
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Can't you just sell it to a vendor?:P Or put it in the bank Storage?

That's the problem @AngryNord‌ , he did do that (well he deleted it so same affect really). Now it's following him even without it in his bag.

• Alatarv
    Alatarv
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem. :smile:

I summoned the pets to see what they were like, and decided I'd rather have the bag space. So I destroyed the items. But the crab is chasing me forever now. How do I kill the crab? LOL
  • Eryndae
    Eryndae
    Your friend (and Alatarv) probably fed the crab without realizing it. He will never be rid of it now! ;)