The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Cheating] A very prevalent bot problem in Auridon that has been there since the game launched....

• twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    How are bots able to make so many accounts to replace the banned ones? Don't you need to at least buy the base game? Free play isn't on all the time for disposable accounts.
    The people running these bots have the ability to buy the base game over and over because they sell the millions of gold they get for irl money. Considering how often ESO goes on sale for super cheap, I imagine the people running bots buy the game dozens of times over and stockpile each copy to replace banned ones with.

A lot of them use stolen 'burner' credit card numbers.

All they have to do is make a couple hundred to a few thousand $$ before the account is revoked.

If they use real money to buy the license - then running the bot will lvl it up, at which point they sell the established account to someone who can 'play' the character after changing the email and password.

Everybody makes money, so it's 'OK', I guess.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bealeb319 wrote: »
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Love how ppl claim they dont care. That's not the issue, the issue is once they ban those bots more show up.

These are probably people trying to put food on a table somewhere for their children

When was the last time you saw children anywhere in Tamriel? I call B.S.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been there couple of month ago, reported bots, I guess to no effect.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep! Exactly where I see them & report them. Been there for years.

swnEDGe.png

BW4kml8.png