The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Cheating] A very prevalent bot problem in Auridon that has been there since the game launched....

Elric_Ashborn
Elric_Ashborn
✭✭✭
I've reported these accounts dozens of times now, every time I make a new character. They always run all times of the day you can see them just running around killing wolves. Often walking right past chests now his accounts seem to number in the dozens... can something finally be done mods?

https://youtu.be/So3dvcJP91c
Edited by Elric_Ashborn on June 30, 2019 6:11PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they dont care. dont waste your time
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I reported a few in Karthdar in Grahtwood the other day doubt anything will happen to them, and they where like 400CP
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've reported them too.
    They just create new account and go back again.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean honestly I think it is pretty neat.
  • Elric_Ashborn
    Elric_Ashborn
    ✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

Not really the one I reported - it's the same account eight months ago.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

Not really the one I reported - it's the same account eight months ago.

Aw so bad :(
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't hurt other players when they kill NPC's or animals because you can get your hit in, or cast your AOE and you get the kill and drops too. But when they farm ore nodes...piglets!
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they dont care. dont waste your time

It comes down to a management issue. Matt, who is the manager of Zos, seems to be choosing to not put enough resources into dealing with the bots and chooses a weak system to keep them slightly in check so they are not as prevalent as they were in the first month of this game being live.

It is sad but very true.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup they are very annoying it makes farming so difficult especially ore farming 😡
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You'll know when they ban bot trains in numbers because prices of leather and mudcrab stuff go up. It happens from time to time.

Look by cormount and recently even reapers and you'll find them.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AnonomissX wrote: »
    It doesn't hurt other players when they kill NPC's or animals because you can get your hit in, or cast your AOE and you get the kill and drops too. But when they farm ore nodes...piglets!
    It does actually hurt the economy overall because these bots can make millions of in-game gold doing absolutely no work whatsoever. The bots farm for hours and hours and hours and rake up thousands of raw mats the owner of the bots can then either sell raw or refine to get tempers to sell. These they can sell for cheaper than honest players, thus edging out the actual player sales and making it harder for people to sell their stuff without lowering their prices to compete.

This night sound great for buyers because it results in cheaper mats, but for the sellers who are legitimately farming and this is how they make their gold, it means more and more work for less and less return.

On top of that, the people running these bots often do it to get massive amounts of gold to sell for irl money. They might seem harmless, even beneficial, but they can really hurt the legitimate player driven economy.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've reported them numerous times over the last 3 years.

They are removed but are replaced.

To those who say it doesn't hurt anyone, well it bloody well does.

I use that area to gather Rubedo hides and fill empty soul gems. So if there are BOTS there, then it is imapcting on me playing the game.

Botting is cheating and cheating impacts on actual, real players.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love how ppl claim they dont care. That's not the issue, the issue is once they ban those bots more show up.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform is this on?

If on console, is there a way to report to PSN or Xbox?
    Edited by Ri_Khan on July 1, 2019 12:56AM
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should really implement the "Bovine Defense Force Initiative". But then it will hurt legit player as well.
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    All platforms.
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    I reported this garbage consistently for months to no avail--I just gave up!
  • Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Love how ppl claim they dont care. That's not the issue, the issue is once they ban those bots more show up.

These are probably people trying to put food on a table somewhere for their children
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will get locked for naming and shaming. Best to send videos to support.
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is a problem ... but ...

Are they losing crowns over it? NO

Is it costing them money? NO

Will it cost them money and time to fix? YES

Are the bots fluffing their player count? ABSOLUTELY

Is it really a problem if it has not been fixed after half a decade? - DOUBTFUL

Will players quit because of it? UNFORTUNATELY NOT

... Maybe if these things change they will fix the game.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS won't do anything about Bots. They artificially inflate their numbers for ESO.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've reported these accounts dozens of times now, every time I make a new character. They always run all times of the day you can see them just running around killing wolves. Often walking right past chests now his accounts seem to number in the dozens... can something finally be done mods?

https://youtu.be/So3dvcJP91c

I'm sure that if there was a bot problem - The game managers in-game would have cleaned them out long ago.

You're probably just seeing an uber-highly trained group of good friends who practice precision combat and marching formation, to step into the footprints of the guy in front with such grace and poetry in motion.

/sarc
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • phuein
    phuein
    ✭✭✭
    #BotRights Bots have the right to play games, too! This topic is hateful against robots everywhere! :+D

Frankly, I don't get to see any bots ever. I hear about it from posts like this, but in 3 years I haven't seen a bot row. Can't be quite that bad.
    Author of beloved and rejuvenated addons:

ShowMount           • PvP FPS 2018

Notebook 2018         • Junkee 2018

BestFriends 2018      • New Addon

Target Dummy Tools   • Guild Rank Colors
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they increase lag and server load then it is a problem
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    These accounts are able to log in and I cannot, Zenimax cares absolutely zero about all this, totally legit and irony is real.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "11 million players!"
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How are bots able to make so many accounts to replace the banned ones? Don't you need to at least buy the base game? Free play isn't on all the time for disposable accounts.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    "11 million players!"

And they are all legit players and never experienced any lag or crashes either.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Play as you want!
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    How are bots able to make so many accounts to replace the banned ones? Don't you need to at least buy the base game? Free play isn't on all the time for disposable accounts.
    The people running these bots have the ability to buy the base game over and over because they sell the millions of gold they get for irl money. Considering how often ESO goes on sale for super cheap, I imagine the people running bots buy the game dozens of times over and stockpile each copy to replace banned ones with.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!