Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kaalgrondtiid PC NA

• Oktaine
    Oktaine
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of Curiosity...how long of a wait is a 300 person queue?
    Rokstag
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    I admire DC's tenacity. I haven't seen Guardians of Daggerfall around in a while. Are they still around?

Haven't been able to get a group the size of the Raid Leaders liking lately. Light on signups and group doesn't run all that long if it falls under a certain amount of players.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oktaine wrote: »
    Just out of Curiosity...how long of a wait is a 300 person queue?

Never payed attention, I’d go to sotha then que
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much more balanced campaign score this cycle. The only thing throwing it out of whack is the Aussie AD presence and their emp/scroll run...nothing new there though. It was as expected.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Much more balanced campaign score this cycle. The only thing throwing it out of whack is the Aussie AD presence and their emp/scroll run...nothing new there though. It was as expected.

Can't say I'm surprised. Last year, Summerset skewed the campaign pop for 3 months.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    People will always complain about something (faction swapping). Stating it was a terrible idea is my opinion and i stick it that just like you stick by your OPINION that faction lock is the only path for balance (its not btw). The same players who say faction lock is good are the exact same players who thinks everyone is cheating in cyro (bad players)

It will take dc loyalist (lol) losing til the end of the games life to admit it was a bad idea. The only pro anyone has listed is less zone trolls. DC as of right now still has no scrolls, 14k behind in score and next month another wave of dc are leaving for ep and ad. This is all a direct response to faction lock, i mean nothing else has changed in the game besides that.

Hey Crits, faction locks fixes some things, mostly that you stay on one side in a match till its been played to its end, thats how sports, e-sports is done, and a very very common sense rule... you dont change sides during a ongoing match, you wait till its played to its end, its as simple as that...

Then as for small scale play and not wanting to commit to the AvAvA, to be honest what you describe, thats what battlegrounds is for... whats wrong with fighting in the war as its soposed to ?, winning or loosing its still a AvAvA war, by all facts and definitions...

What is stupid on epic levels, is in the dota finals, the loosing side, suddenly changed sides mid game and yoined the winning side, so everyone could win... :wink:
    Edited by Miriel on July 2, 2019 3:10PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently this server is basically unplayable after 6pm est. to 12pm est. If you cant use abilities that means its not in playable state.

30 Day LAG LOCK should be the name of this server.

Off hourse for this server is still average to good. However my small prime time PVP guild has been down for 2 weeks now because of the decreased performance of this server.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Currently this server is basically unplayable after 6pm est. to 12pm est. If you cant use abilities that means its not in playable state.

30 Day LAG LOCK should be the name of this server.

Off hourse for this server is still average to good. However my small prime time PVP guild has been down for 2 weeks now because of the decreased performance of this server.

As someone who has a lot of performance issues in PC/NA Kaalgrontiid myself...

I actually haven't noticed a big difference between my primetime performance (and lack thereof) from the last couple campaigns on Vivec to the first of Kaalgrontiid. (That is NOT a good thing, as my performance goes to pot whenever I'm in a large battle or headed towards a faction stack, often resulting in a crash to log-in.)

And there's a lot more factors that changed beyond the faction lock that could impact lag. Things like Volundrung and new animations from the Necromancer abilities. I remember that the new Warden abilities were extremely painful lag-wise when they first came out and many of the major organized raids were stacking as many Wardens as possible in one place.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Our Aussie friends have to play sometimes, and war is a 24/7 affair.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think this lag has been the worst lately, almost unplayable. There are times i'm in a location where there isn't anyone around. For example, going to KC to take a resource. There maybe be 2 or 3 players in the keep at the most when I go. I will take a resource and sit there and push buttons and no animation at all. Then I question weather I pushed the right button and then push it again. I notice often a huge delay in animation.

Sometimes, as soon as I show up at a huge fight, all characters stop moving ( but me ) and then a few seconds later I am disconnected from the game. Also there has been times where I couldn't even swap weapons or fire a weapon which lead me to disconnect.

I started noticing this after the last expansion was released. Usually when I lag this bad I check for addon updates and restart my modem which doesn't seem to help.

Edited by vamp_emily on July 2, 2019 7:57PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Our Aussie friends have to play sometimes, and war is a 24/7 affair.

Of course they do, but all on one faction PvDooring for emp and scrolls? Again its nothing new, been going on for over a year anyway. Just don't see the fun in that unless you are into PvE.
    Edited by Ranger209 on July 2, 2019 10:53PM
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Final campaign score -

1. AD
    2. EP
    3. DC

Next campaign we will have to focus on AD if we want to win.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't played since Monday and DC falls to 3rd ( Imagine that ) I bet it's because they left the Ash gate up when I was gone.

In the beginning of the Campaign, I personally was targeting EP because they always win. However, I did switch my focus to AD 10 days into the campaign. I noticed they were trying harder, and pushing keeps/resources right before evals. Some DC/EP didn't notice the score or didn't care and kept fighting each other letting AD get a bigger lead on us.

Edited by vamp_emily on July 18, 2019 6:09PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I haven't played since Monday and DC falls to 3rd ( Imagine that ) I bet it's because they left the Ash gate up when I was gone.

In the beginning of the Campaign, I personally was targeting EP because they always win. However, I did switch my focus to AD 10 days into the campaign. I noticed they were trying harder, and pushing keeps/resources right before evals. Some DC/EP didn't notice the score or didn't care and kept fighting each other letting AD get a bigger lead on us.

I hadnt been on either. From the looks of it given that AD lead got bigger, it looks like DC must have been shutdown almost entirely quite a bit.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD prime time was doing a good job of grabbing resources right before eval, etc. DC refused to defend things, potato'd in front of Nikel without sieging most every night, and hit random targets of no value.
    I hadnt been on either. From the looks of it given that AD lead got bigger, it looks like DC must have been shutdown almost entirely quite a bit.

When a faction is sitting on a solid color map for several hours overnight, it has an outsized influence on the score.
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

EP moved above DC because AD took both our scrolls then EP got one of them while they had low pop bonus.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great post from OMG Emily, I admire your spirit!

AD completely dominated everything this campaign. They had more players in most fights (against EP at least). They were organized with, frequently, 2 raids attacking 2 different keeps (4 raids total) and/or taking out Sej before they took BRK, etc; then frequently they had 4 raids hitting major targets with 100+ AD overwhelming 30 EP defenders (well we also got some huge D ticks this campaign from those massive AD attacks).

Not sure what changed this campaign but AD is clearly dominant. EP has only 1 organized group (Ahtu) which is much smaller than when Crow was running it; AD runs multiple organized groups.

Will be interesting to see what happens this next cycle...
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is a completely different place than it was last campaign, mostly due to increased siege damage and faction locks to a lesser extent. It's been challenging to make the proper adjustments but I'm very pleased with our progress and Army's of the Pact's new leadership has been doing great. Dealing with AD during prime time hasn't been much of an issue for us, but we will need to pressure them more on the weekends to combat the early morning capping that's been happening as of late with Volendrung.

I'm glad to see AD doing so well and DC in last place where they belong (sorry DC). :smile:
    Edited by Ahtu on July 19, 2019 2:20PM
  • NekoN3ko
    NekoN3ko
    ✭✭✭
    Returning player from 2015 and noticed that (some) AD guild communities are very toxic and elitists. I dont understand the animosity against one another when we are in the same faction. What happened?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NekoN3ko wrote: »
    Returning player from 2015 and noticed that (some) AD guild communities are very toxic and elitists. I dont understand the animosity against one another when we are in the same faction. What happened?

Dont know when you typically play but I have not noticed this during U.S. prime time
    Edited by Katahdin on August 14, 2019 3:52PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people just don't appreciate that a certain group literally carries the faction when they get the hammer. Free AP is free AP.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol.

PC NA 30d is completely broken now. At 4 pm EST yesterday, AD poplocked and DC/EP 2 bars. At prime time, AD pop locked and DC/EP 3 bars. At midnight, AD pop locked...by then the nightcapping is in full swing.

When the hammer spawned yesterday, 100 AD swarmed with it. Doesn't matter what group is carrying it, 30 EP eventually get steamrolled by 100 AD.

True, the hammer went west with 40+ AD and EP wiped out the 60 AD that remained at Arrius.

AD blobs routinely run with far more people than people routinely bitterly complained about Crow/Ahtu and AotP for, but this is rarely admitted. I think they think its different because there are many different guild tags running in the swarms that engulf BRK etc.

EP has only had a que one or two times this whole campaign.

So, it's interesting to hear that all this success is not met with joy and happiness in the huge AD faction.

Maybe some groups will split off and equalize the factions next campaign. It can't be fun to continuously outnumber EP or DC 3 to 1 in every fight...can it??
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

Lol.

PC NA 30d is completely broken now. At 4 pm EST yesterday, AD poplocked and DC/EP 2 bars. At prime time, AD pop locked and DC/EP 3 bars. At midnight, AD pop locked...by then the nightcapping is in full swing.

When the hammer spawned yesterday, 100 AD swarmed with it. Doesn't matter what group is carrying it, 30 EP eventually get steamrolled by 100 AD.

True, the hammer went west with 40+ AD and EP wiped out the 60 AD that remained at Arrius.

AD blobs routinely run with far more people than people routinely bitterly complained about Crow/Ahtu and AotP for, but this is rarely admitted. I think they think its different because there are many different guild tags running in the swarms that engulf BRK etc.

EP has only had a que one or two times this whole campaign.

So, it's interesting to hear that all this success is not met with joy and happiness in the huge AD faction.

Maybe some groups will split off and equalize the factions next campaign. It can't be fun to continuously outnumber EP or DC 3 to 1 in every fight...can it??

Depends on how badly AD players want those 1st place rewards.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't read too much into the pops right now. We have an event and a new patch going on, plus the campaign score is massively lopsided. A lot of people are farming gear or doing the new dungeons. That includes AD -- but AD has more players overall to fill in the empty slots and more guilds. People tend to show up for guild raids out of habit.

Increasingly combat changes are pushing people to faction stack. Even hardcore former small scalers are generally found tucked inside a stack now.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    It would be interesting to see an overall stats list of the the 30 day CP campaign wins & endgame scores ( by faction) for this year so far and, also, for the past year/ 5 years.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s going on with AD since the patch? I’ve been Xv1 and tbagged more in the last week than my entire PvP career I’m not exaggerating at all. It’s almost non stop. I know you’re all excited about the two button and block dot meta but believe me, it doesn’t prove anything lol.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    What’s going on with AD since the patch? I’ve been Xv1 and tbagged more in the last week than my entire PvP career I’m not exaggerating at all. It’s almost non stop. I know you’re all excited about the two button and block dot meta but believe me, it doesn’t prove anything lol.

Since AD keeps winning with their 80-100+ zergs against 30 EP, they must have now concluded they are uber.

For 60 days EP has been outnumbered 23 hours a day by AD. There is almost never an EP que. Almost every fight is outnumbered.

On a side note, second place was close until the last 5 days, when I noticed that DC has learned how to night cap EP scrolls, DC gained 4000 points in 4 nights.

This main PC NA campaign is completely out of whack. I don't think AD will ever get tired of nightcapping PvDoor and "winning" with huge zergs. Hopefully I'm wrong
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard @Ahtu swapped to AD, confirm/deny?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Since AD keeps winning with their 80-100+ zergs against 30 EP, they must have now concluded they are uber.

For 60 days EP has been outnumbered 23 hours a day by AD. There is almost never an EP que. Almost every fight is outnumbered.

On a side note, second place was close until the last 5 days, when I noticed that DC has learned how to night cap EP scrolls, DC gained 4000 points in 4 nights.

This main PC NA campaign is completely out of whack. I don't think AD will ever get tired of nightcapping PvDoor and "winning" with huge zergs. Hopefully I'm wrong

I play off hours due to location. Any DC night caping has been fought for. Can confirm AD has held a firm 2 bars throughout the late hours for the past week with DC/EP at one. I will admit that some DC were tri keep camping EP and taking scrolls. I did make a few comments in zone that everyone should focus AD instead of pulling that bs but that almost never works.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Some general observations:
    (100% AD/NA-PC player here)

Since 2014, the balance of "power" amongst the 3 factions in the 30 day CP campaign (NA) has shifted several times.

AD used to dominate some of the earliest campaigns. Then, there was a mass exodus of experienced AD players to DC & DC won almost every campaign for year(s) after. EP started the unstoppable zergs for last few years and won almost every campaign w/DC usually in 2nd and AD almost always 3rd.

The majority of Twitch ESO PvP streamers are either DC or EP. Very few consistent AD streamers to be found so the 'hype" momentum for new players to feel like part of a winning faction team has been, imo, to join DC or EP.

AD struggled with identity crisis as the 'loser' faction for a long time.

Finally, AD has started to cohese again as a much more consistent fighting force and we have had successive wins over the past 6-8 months.

More faction loyalty is beginning to take shape and, imo, that is a good thing for healthy 3 way competitive gaming on the 30 day server. Faction locks have helped. You make a choice for that particular campaign and you stay loyal to your faction team for the duration of the match. Next campaign, if you like, switch it up.

I have been 100% AD and, over the years, hv many friends who play on the other factions. We all still feel like we play together (even when we are opposing factions), just like in other competitive sports. When we want to play on the same team--we go to BGs.

I think the 3 factions are finally becoming competitive again and AD is finding its strengths and mentoring new AD players.

IMO, it is a good thing!
    Edited by keto3000 on August 19, 2019 1:46AM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay