Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Meteor is terrible in 2019

Fur_like_snow
Fur_like_snow
✭✭✭✭✭
TLDR: remove delay on impact from meteor.

Early this morning I was fighting this AD group at glade. I’d run into the same necro who kept using meteor. The damage was pathetic because I would just block it.

Now Imagine for a moment that you went to DB or leap someone but they knew your plan a full second before it fired so they blocked in anticipation. What would be the point of slotting those ultimates?

Remove delay on impact from meteor. It’s already expensive and none uses it seriously anymore. Make meteor great again!
Edited by Fur_like_snow on June 30, 2019 8:25PM
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole point of meteor is the delay which allows to combine it with other skills for burst damage. We need different ultimates in this game.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    The whole point of meteor is the delay which allows to combine it with other skills for burst damage. We need different ultimates in this game.

Yeah, but that's only possible on two classes with unblock able cc
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not agreeing with instant, but idk. It is a strange ult. Maybe slightly recduce cost to like 175 or something
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well necro at least has colossus to replace meteor in your example.
    DK has Leap
    Warden... Has Permafrost I suppose
    Templar has sweeps I guess
    NB has incap
    Sorc has Atro

(Instant ish abilities that deal damage)

Meteor can also CC surrounding enemies if they don't block...

I mean I don't see Meteor really used anymore... But it does give options...

Maybe it'll get more attention down the road
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Trueconch
    Trueconch
    Soul Shriven
    I agree meteor is too easy to block, the telegraph and delay results in whole burst getting blocked. Telegraph should be gone but keep the sound que.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do think Meteor needs some improvements, the damage would almost certainly have to be adjusted (downwards) if it were to become an instant cast with no warning. Otherwise, Mag Sorcs would be able to 1-shot nearly everyone in BGs and no-CP Cyrodiil; either hold block before every curse explosion, or it's game over if he/she has enough Ult saved up. It'd be like a longer range, less telegraphed, less avoidable version of the Stam Warden burst combo.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    While I do think Meteor needs some improvements, the damage would almost certainly have to be adjusted (downwards) if it were to become an instant cast with no warning. Otherwise, Mag Sorcs would be able to 1-shot nearly everyone in BGs and no-CP Cyrodiil; either hold block before every curse explosion, or it's game over if he/she has enough Ult saved up. It'd be like a longer range, less telegraphed, less avoidable version of the Stam Warden burst combo.

buff meteor and nerf sorcs. its easy
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe make one of the morphs instant, cheaper and deal 33% less direct damage?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to see it provide more passive utility, like Flawless Dawnbreaker does with the extra weapon damage. The active portion is fine IMO, including the delay. Maybe it could do a little more damage if it did not stun.
  • airilie
    airilie
    Changing one of the morphs makes a lot of sense to me. Instant cast would be so much better even if the damage was lower and/or the stun was removed. Outside of class abilities, magicka has meteor, soul assault, vamp and destro ult - none do instant direct damage. So on sorc in bgs I end up running DB, which sucks but I prefer its mechanics over the magicka ults.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meteor ( or rather shooting star is fine) you’re supposed to cc someone into it. Duh. E.g. Fossilize.

Or you’re doing it wrong...
    Edited by JumpmanLane on July 1, 2019 5:38AM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mages guild passives and both morphs meteor are near perfect.

I have more problems with the mages guild skills.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been meh for a while. Against decent players it's no threat
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    We need rework of this ult. In masslag this "delay" is sometimes 2-3 seconds, so if you block it on its proc you will still get stun cause of lag. Main ult concept is totaly ok, its AoE, not single-target skill, with great opportunity to stop groups. But with lagfest its too OP
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    The delay is for added burst. I sometimes use it on my magblade in duels. Meteor > reach > merciless = dead
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The delay is for added burst. I sometimes use it on my magblade in duels. Meteor > reach > merciless = dead

Not if they just tap block. Fear, fossilize, and ruNE cage the only sure fire way tI land it
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On console the game is so broken that you can basically attempt to dodge roll every meteor and you'll block it mid dodge almost every single time. I actually do this with the vast majority that get used on me because its so consistently broken.

The ult definitely needs to be adjusted.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not agreeing with instant, but idk. It is a strange ult. Maybe slightly recduce cost to like 175 or something

I´d massively decrease the cost of atleast 1 morph and also reduce the ground aoe duration in return.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Step 1: Fix the glitch where animation isnt showing, impact isnt showing, knockback happens hours later and rubberbands you 10km away

Step 2: Remove DoT, make it cost 125

Step 3: Never listen to people trying to make it new dawnbreaker. Its not DB ffs.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I´d massively decrease the cost of atleast 1 morph and also reduce the ground aoe duration in return.

This sounds like a nice suggestion, however i would be careful with the "massively" part.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to see it provide more passive utility, like Flawless Dawnbreaker does with the extra weapon damage. The active portion is fine IMO, including the delay. Maybe it could do a little more damage if it did not stun.

It gives 2% max mag and 2% mag regen when slotted. It has utility. One also provides a snare and one provides ult on hit. Both also put down a high dmg ground dot.

The skill is fine just when everyone is so tanky it's fallen out of favour. It used to be insane with mag dk's or so, lock them down, cc them and keep them in the hard hitting dot.

But now everyone has such high hp and is so tanky they can just live through it.

It's still a nice Xv1 tool. A ranged ult that basically forced the person to stand there for 2 seconds holding block otherwise it hurts. Also forces them to get rid of the snare.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor ( or rather shooting star is fine) you’re supposed to cc someone into it. Duh. E.g. Fossilize.

You don't get it.
    SodanTok wrote: »

Step 3: Never listen to people trying to make it new dawnbreaker. Its not DB ffs.

You're so right, it's not DB, it's useless.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That'd be a strong argument if Meteor were a DK class Ultimate. But it's not, and not everyone has access to the best CC in the game - if you can't CC through block, Meteor stinks.

Does anyone think Dawnbreaker would remain the single most common PvP ultimate (in BGs, anyway) if it had such a long delay with a really obvious telegraph? That's a pretty bad restriction for a blockable "burst ultimate."
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That'd be a strong argument if Meteor were a DK class Ultimate. But it's not, and not everyone has access to the best CC in the game - if you can't CC through block, Meteor stinks.

Does anyone think Dawnbreaker would remain the single most common PvP ultimate (in BGs, anyway) if it had such a long delay with a really obvious telegraph? That's a pretty bad restriction for a blockable "burst ultimate."

Ones melee, ones ranged.

Meteor is basically an auto aimed hard hitting 41m ranged ult.

Imagine if it was instant.
    PS4 EU DC

• Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor is fun in laggy situations where people get hit with it and they bounce up and back to where they were when it hits.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ones melee, ones ranged.

Range is overrated outside of zerging. You never see Stam builds using Meteor, but do see some ranged Magicka builds using Dawnbreaker, which should indicate an imbalance between the two ultimates.

As I said in my first post in the thread, ZOS shouldn't simply make Meteor land instantly and call it a day - Mag Sorcs would be 1-shotting people almost every time they had enough ultimate available. Still, I think something should be done about Meteor. It's not the most pressing issue in PvP by any means, but it should still be made a bit more worthwhile for smaller scale fights, rather than just something you toss into the midst of a massive, laggy clump of zerglings.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I loved meteor when i had Agony... I've never used it again after agony became MO
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ones melee, ones ranged.

Range is overrated outside of zerging. You never see Stam builds using Meteor, but do see some ranged Magicka builds using Dawnbreaker, which should indicate an imbalance between the two ultimates.

As I said in my first post in the thread, ZOS shouldn't simply make Meteor land instantly and call it a day - Mag Sorcs would be 1-shotting people almost every time they had enough ultimate available. Still, I think something should be done about Meteor. It's not the most pressing issue in PvP by any means, but it should still be made a bit more worthwhile for smaller scale fights, rather than just something you toss into the midst of a massive, laggy clump of zerglings.

No its not. Even in small scale/ solo ranged is an amazing advantage. You can line of sight, make some space and start attacking or even wipe someone as the zerg is following you. You can't do that as melee.

Gives you the ability to go on the offensive while a lot of the enemy group is outside of their range. Notice it on mag sorc all the time.
    PS4 EU DC

• Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A target bound dot would be more effective than the delay remove
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »

Yeah, but that's only possible on two classes with unblock able cc

and both these classes have better class-based ults :(