The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Drop Fps

Alaf
Alaf
✭✭
good night good I've never had problems with fps crash started last week deferred from the update. I came to think it could be my PC after talking to some members of my guild I discovered that the problem is not only with me ....
my settings
I56400
Gtx 1050 Ti 4G
SSD 480G
16G RAM memory
... can you help? I'm not sure if this is a good game.
Edited by Alaf on February 18, 2019 9:31PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you've not done any troubleshooting regarding your FPS dropping, we recommend starting with the help article here. There is also an ongoing thread linked below with further advice to help with FPS issues.

FPS drop over time
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So still no acknowledgement of the ongoing issues since 3+ weeks, @ZOS_BillE ?
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lame AF canned response. The linked article does not improve anything. I don't understand why this game has so many graphics and latency issues. Every other MMO I play is consistently <100 ping, and 60+ FPS on any of my PCs. ESO on the other hand seems to be a graphical ***-show. Question shouldn't be if we did any troubleshooting. The question should be did ZOS troubleshoot their infrastructure, and code, and provide paying customers with a *** solution. Stop putting the burden on players, and do your job!
  • Alaf
    Alaf
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If you've not done any troubleshooting regarding your FPS dropping, we recommend starting with the help article here. There is also an ongoing thread linked below with further advice to help with FPS issues.

FPS drop over time

I played 4 years ago I have never had this problem I have already performed all the steps available to you
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. I'm now in game after upgrading from an AMD 290x to a Vega 64 Strix OC edition 1630Mhz clock speed. Very close double the fps in any game or benchmark except eso. Around the region of an Nvidea 1070/1080 as a point of reference. Playing at 5760x1080 my fps is still very similar having 40 to 45 FPS only standing around a town. My last card finally got close to 100% GPU load after multi-core was enabled. Even my motherboard graphics is about 15 FPS at full settings. The new card being around 10X that in fps. If i play on 1 screen then it only gets even worse with GPU load but FPS only improves about 10%. Other games are so amazing now. I should have a good experience even in VR with far more demanding software like online simulators and far more demanding graphics options enabled that they have. Only thing i can do that will remotely fix the GPU load issue in eso like it is for so many other people is keep waiting even more years until the multi-core support is improved and isn't leaving my graphics card with nothing to do resulting in 0% GPU load lasting milliseconds. Software that shows graph data in 0.1 of a second like GPU-Z will display these drops. 1 of my guild officers has a dual core laptop from as few years back and that sits at 100 FPS majority of the time on max settings at 1080p. Prior to multicore she was around 20 to 30fps. I'm back to the GPU load i was getting when the game was released and using my old graphics card at the time. Up until early this month when the Radeon VII released. This is the was the highest spec AMD card and also the most powerful version of it. This is surely still a killer to game population. We just want the game fixed. And for whatever reason. The investment from those in control of that seem to not realise this at all. Also rules that must be applied when having a game on console is a massive detriment to this game. So many things about it. with out it. I'm sure everyone would prefer the method of "We are still making it and do not want to rush it out early so we can make sure we get everything right" would be far superior and accepted by everyone. It clearly works sooo much better then trying to predict when things are many months in advance away. Complex things that should have been resolved many years a go and i am highly confident this game would have surpassed the best MMO or game of ALL TIME. I can see many other problems like more staff for many things would have clearly in my eyes been a great investment. Who ever is at the top supplying the investing has no idea of what they are doing imo. I feel as bad for the community as i do for the staff of eso

6i2kqovpvidn.png
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Alaf
    Alaf
    ✭✭
    mrpaxman wrote: »
    LOL. I'm now in game after upgrading from an AMD 290x to a Vega 64 Strix OC edition 1630Mhz clock speed. Very close double the fps in any game or benchmark except eso. Around the region of an Nvidea 1070/1080 as a point of reference. Playing at 5760x1080 my fps is still very similar having 40 to 45 FPS only standing around a town. My last card finally got close to 100% GPU load after multi-core was enabled. Even my motherboard graphics is about 15 FPS at full settings. The new card being around 10X that in fps. If i play on 1 screen then it only gets even worse with GPU load but FPS only improves about 10%. Other games are so amazing now. I should have a good experience even in VR with far more demanding software like online simulators and far more demanding graphics options enabled that they have. Only thing i can do that will remotely fix the GPU load issue in eso like it is for so many other people is keep waiting even more years until the multi-core support is improved and isn't leaving my graphics card with nothing to do resulting in 0% GPU load lasting milliseconds. Software that shows graph data in 0.1 of a second like GPU-Z will display these drops. 1 of my guild officers has a dual core laptop from as few years back and that sits at 100 FPS majority of the time on max settings at 1080p. Prior to multicore she was around 20 to 30fps. I'm back to the GPU load i was getting when the game was released and using my old graphics card at the time. Up until early this month when the Radeon VII released. This is the was the highest spec AMD card and also the most powerful version of it. This is surely still a killer to game population. We just want the game fixed. And for whatever reason. The investment from those in control of that seem to not realise this at all. Also rules that must be applied when having a game on console is a massive detriment to this game. So many things about it. with out it. I'm sure everyone would prefer the method of "We are still making it and do not want to rush it out early so we can make sure we get everything right" would be far superior and accepted by everyone. It clearly works sooo much better then trying to predict when things are many months in advance away. Complex things that should have been resolved many years a go and i am highly confident this game would have surpassed the best MMO or game of ALL TIME. I can see many other problems like more staff for many things would have clearly in my eyes been a great investment. Who ever is at the top supplying the investing has no idea of what they are doing imo. I feel as bad for the community as i do for the staff of eso

6i2kqovpvidn.png

I'm also disappointed I'm 3 days ago contacting via tickt and nothing to solve the support is telling me and the problem and the ping more there is nothing to put another friend also has a similar video card this com drop fps really looks like this this is happening with the players have the video cards of the brand Asus

351st1ar8091.jpg
    Edited by Alaf on February 20, 2019 5:44PM
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    I had a friend yesterday with a 980ti tell me his GPU load was 33% @1080p with max settings in Grahtwood. I was sitting around 50% in the same location. The game does seem to favor Nvidea more. I was around 25 fps on triple screen. He was at 35 FPS. My old card and new card are both Asus brand. I'll ask him later what brand he has
    Edited by mrpaxman on February 21, 2019 5:59AM
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Alaf
    Alaf
    ✭✭
    mrpaxman wrote: »
    I had a friend yesterday with a 980ti tell me his GPU load was 33% @1080p with max settings in Grahtwood. I was sitting around 50% in the same location. The game does seem to favor Nvidea more. I was around 25 fps on triple screen. He was at 35 FPS. My old card and new card are both Asus brand. I'll ask him later what brand he has

I have 2 guilds with 1000 players and 800 active yesterday comes out asking about the fall of fps all that have a video card asus had performance drop after the last update ... I just wanted the zenimax investigated in this problem is not only I with this problem
  • asuzab16_ESO
    asuzab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

Same issue here. I started playing ESO again two months ago and I had absolutely zero issue with my Asus GTX 970 and i5 4690k. Since the Wrathstone patch, I am experiencing a lot of fps problems everywhere in the game.

1. My fps doesn't go over 70 fps anymore. I had 40-50 in towns and 100+ outside of them but since the last patch, it seems like my fps never goes over 70 fps even when there's nothing to display.
    2. The game feels very laggy. My fps in cities didn't change. I still have 40-50 fps according the interface but the game feels insanely laggy and everything is blurry when I move the camera. It feels closer to 10/20 fps.

I haven't noticed any issue with any other game I play in the past week.

I don't know if it's because I have an Asus card, but I can tell for sure that something is broken since last patch and that it really refrains my desire to play the game. I am now reinstalling everything (game, drivers, etc...) to see if I can get some improvement, but not, I really hope that ZOS takes a deeper look into this matter.
    Edited by asuzab16_ESO on March 1, 2019 2:25PM
  • ShadowKnight1987
    ShadowKnight1987
    Soul Shriven
    Alaf wrote: »
    good night good I've never had problems with fps crash started last week deferred from the update. I came to think it could be my PC after talking to some members of my guild I discovered that the problem is not only with me ....
    my settings
    I56400
    Gtx 1050 Ti 4G
    SSD 480G
    16G RAM memory
    ... can you help? I'm not sure if this is a good game.

I Have the same problem mate. I can run AC Odyssey @ 80fps average but ESO keeps dropping on me for some reason :-(
    i9 9900K @5ghz (oc)
    16GB Ram
    RTX 2070
    SSD 250GB
    HD 1TB