Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• animatedanarchy_ESO
    Can add me to the list for the bank reset bug. I got it earlier tonight. It went down to 60 and not sure where my items went. :'(

• novek000b16_ESO
    Well, over a week after I raised the issue, and 3 email telling me it had been passed on, closed, and reopened I have today received the below:

Response By Email (Desiree) (04/13/2014 03:40 AM)
    Greetings Fellow Gamer!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
    The next thing we will need to do is verify your account.
    Please reply with the following information so we can take the next step.

- First & Last Name
    - Date of Birth
    - Both email addresses used on your account
    - The last 4 digits of transaction or PayPal ID

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

So not only has it JUST been passed to an admin they are now asking me to prove that the ticket, sent through in-game support, was actually from me!

Is it just me that feels all these 'we are aware' tickets are a very poor attempt at making their service standards look better? (to explain, if a response is sent to a ticket, even if that response doesn't pertain to the issue then its classed as dealt with. Any subsequent response from the user is then counted as day 1 again)

This smells like a scam mail to me....... the customer service should never ask this data from you.
  • Dallie
    Dallie
    ✭✭
    Well, over a week after I raised the issue, and 3 email telling me it had been passed on, closed, and reopened I have today received the below:

Response By Email (Desiree) (04/13/2014 03:40 AM)
    Greetings Fellow Gamer!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
    The next thing we will need to do is verify your account.
    Please reply with the following information so we can take the next step.

- First & Last Name
    - Date of Birth
    - Both email addresses used on your account
    - The last 4 digits of transaction or PayPal ID

So not only has it JUST been passed to an admin they are now asking me to prove that the ticket, sent through in-game support, was actually from me!

Is it just me that feels all these 'we are aware' tickets are a very poor attempt at making their service standards look better? (to explain, if a response is sent to a ticket, even if that response doesn't pertain to the issue then its classed as dealt with. Any subsequent response from the user is then counted as day 1 again)

This smells like a scam mail to me....... the customer service should never ask this data from you.

I totally agree, I'd assume they follow the same practices as any other company today when it comes to verifying information over email. The only time they should ask you this would be for you to verify your ID over the phone, but certainly not email.

Check the email address from them as well as any spelling errors or weird wording in the email, that's usually a good tip-off, but scammers have become increasingly clever.

On a side note, still in the same boat as y'all, no fix.

• Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks, just want you to know we're continuing to investigate this issue and are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. We do need anyone it's impacted to submit a support ticket so we can assist, please: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask/

I submitted a support ticket for bank problems and it was closed without any assistance, only vague promises of future fixes. If you can do anything to restore my missing gold and bank slot upgrades, the reference is 140409-037459.
  • barduck
    barduck
    ✭✭✭

8 days has passed since it happened to me the first time. I submitted few tickets. All of them have been closed, marked as RESOLVED.

How can they be resolved if nothing was actually done or solved and I have yet to see any missing items or bank slot upgrades returned to me?

I have a feeling they're just arbitrarily closing tickets to meet some quota or something.

It is like adding insult to injury.
  • manaek05rwb17_ESO
    So, maintenance came and went. No fix. And now the message "we are investigating" is gone as well. Does it mean the developers have finished "investigating"? Or does it mean that after all the server troubles today the devs decided they have more important things to do than fix our banks?
  • barduck
    barduck
    ✭✭✭
    So, maintenance came and went. No fix. And now the message "we are investigating" is gone as well. Does it mean the developers have finished "investigating"? Or does it mean that after all the server troubles today the devs decided they have more important things to do than fix our banks?

Probably means that the "investigating" message got bugged as well after maintenance.

• Shukal
    Shukal
    Maybe they are done investigating and preparing a patch? They latest response I got from support said something about a patch, but not when exactly it will come.
    Edited by Shukal on April 13, 2014 10:47AM
  • barduck
    barduck
    ✭✭✭
    Shukal wrote: »
    Maybe they are done investigating and preparing a patch? They latest response I got from support said something about a patch, but not when exactly it will come.

Got that too, It said "in future patch" in that response.

"future patch" in support lingo means "we know we need to fix it and probably will but we are not willing to commit to timeframe yet since we haven't actually solved the problem".

• allwebjunkb16_ESO
    allwebjunkb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven

I agree they shouldn't, but they do. I know how to spot a scam email and this is legit, for one thing it wasn't a new email, it was a reply to the existing chain.
  • ionutn1
    ionutn1
    it's obviously they don't know how to fix this bug
    Edited by ionutn1 on April 13, 2014 12:18PM
  • lordpeonb16_ESO
    lordpeonb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Happened to me last night as well, bought the 90 slots and proceded to swap to alts to store more stuff, noticed bank slot count back to 60 and stuff missing :( later some stuff seems to have appeared in my inventory, however the missing 30 bank slots are still gone, and so is the gold i used to purchase them. :(
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like ALOT of people were hit last night just prior to the unscheduled maintenance. Count me among them. Was really hoping a rollback would occur with all the problems they were having, but no such luck...
  • Sunbite
    Sunbite
    Suddenly bank items disappeared whilst playing + I lost the bank upgrade. Stuff is now back (on alts at least) but still only 60 slots
    (Btw - this was way after maintenance finished and on the EU server)
    Edited by Sunbite on April 13, 2014 12:34PM
  • GeraintAmbrosia
    GeraintAmbrosia
    ✭✭✭
    The game crashed and after I logged in again my bank was also back to 60 slots (from 100).

I also wrote a ticket but please fix this!
  • VertigoTX
    VertigoTX
    I had the "failed to transfer" issue last night right before the emergency maintenance. This morning, my character is naked. My inventory is gone, but there are some 100 stacks of materials from my bank on him. The bank was full, but now has 4 items. All my skills have been reset, but I don't have the skill points back. Oh... and my horse is gone :(
  • atomicangelb16_ESO
    atomicangelb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    still the same here...no answer from support on my 6 or 7 tickets!! THIS IS NOT OK when you imagine that some players pay more than 100Eur for this!!! We want a 24/7 Support when YOU (Bethesda n Zenimax) relase a game in a bugy status.
    It is not only to the players with the dig emp edition n early access.....the point is...i play 3x Beta...a lot known issues still NOT fixed and i'm SURE that bethesda n zenimax aware of this and they nevertheless released the game and are not able to fix issues in time, not able to contact players!! SORRY BugTHESDA-ZeniBux....THAT ISTN OK!!! One month Beta more could fix a lot of problems but NOOOOOOO we need to *** up the players on 4.4. with the EXTRA subscription on the 30 days INCLUDED and nail them 2 or 3 months on a bugy ***....nice plan biAtches......I'm realy pissed

@Thepal : "As for what I was doing that may have triggered it:
    - Be careful about switching constantly between characters (I switched a dozen or so times in the 30 minutes before it happened).
    - The servers are extremely full at the moment. Server stress may be a factor. So maybe don't swap a lot at those times.
    - I was also putting things in and out of my bank a lot (that was the reason I switched characters). I suppose that the constant changes to the overall player account (especially during server stress) could cause it to reset. "

THAT IS NOT OUR PROBPLEM...they have to fix that DB transfer system.....It isnt nice to loose data pakets and informations about bank accounts during swapping chars..... what is now..i have to create a lot of additional chars and waste my time with transfer (STORE) items in them? for what time?? 30places are 50% of the 60 beginning places and i faking need it because, ALCHEMY, ENCHANTING and COOKING NEEDs A LOT OF SPACE...THANKS for the wasted of time, lost materials n ressources....my lovely good translated Macht (the blue ones) runes are lost....i cross hours glenumbra and stormhaven to search especially for runes n herbs n other.....THANKS A LOT
    Edited by atomicangelb16_ESO on April 13, 2014 1:19PM
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    Support has been readily in contact with me in regards to this, even to the point of sending a message 'just wanted to touch base' and they are clearly working on this issue and have stated they will resolve it.
  • bwilson.homeb16_ESO
    Add me to the list too...

All the extra space I bought. All my cash. No clue what items have gone as I move things around so much. No doubt I'll be cursing more over the next few days as I remember stuff I can't find.

Seriously, it's hard to bring myself to play right now, knowing my stuff can be lost in an instant like this. From the looks of other posts on the subject, resolution isn't either quick or convenient. I'm a packrat, with 7 characters, constantly juggling stuff between characters to manage space. If everything I put in the bank stands a risk of vanishing into the digital ether every time I close the bank window, wtf is the point? I've put in a ticket, but I've never had anything back from them other than the autoresponse 'we received your ticket' (which, incidently, I haven't even received this time)

Really gutted. I signed up for 6 months of this, and right now I just don't want to play :(
  • reddragon1900ub17_ESO
    There are very few things that i would consider game breaking, but this is one of them. The amount of crafting mats, runes, alchemical items, etc that i have lost from this is really disheartening. If it helps the powers that be fix it, this happened to me around 3 hours after the servers went offline (i dont know when they came back on). I logged in, noticed 5 mails, the customer appreciation preorder bonus items, and thought nothing of it. I logged in this morning and poof, 60 slots instead of 100, and most of the mats i had been farming are gone.
  • bwilson.homeb16_ESO
    Actually, is there even any point in playing if rollbacks to uncorrupted data files for the account are a possibility? Have people have this issue resolved, and was it a manual restoration of items, cash and vault space, or was it an account rollback?
  • atomicangelb16_ESO
    atomicangelb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS .... THINK ABAOUT.... WE ALL ARE PAYING FOR SOMETHING and loosing it....we are not playing to waste our time!!!! We playing to enjoy it and not ..... be pissed n stressed like @ work.....DO SOMETHING for the millions of cash you earned in the last 2 weeks and i'm sure that it is a lot.....

Something other ..... that could help to resolve the problem.....normaly i do not have to cross kalthafen again but after crashing my bank and the horses i also have to do kalthaven again. i create a second new char now and i have the question for coldharbor!! The other point is, the received emails with the maps and the other dig emp edition bonuses.....USE YOUR BRAIN...something is setting player accounts back to a starting status
    Edited by atomicangelb16_ESO on April 13, 2014 1:56PM
  • madsurgery
    A rollback will not be a Fix. According to there response there will be refunds of items and bank.

Response By Email (Thomas) (04/13/2014 03:08 AM)
    Greetings (my name)!

We are currently investigating a fix for the issue regarding bank space.
    Missing items and slots will be returned, and we recommend that players not purchase additional bank spaces, as they may be lost when this is fixed in an upcoming patch.
    We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that players please bear with us as we work on a solution.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Thomas
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Edited by madsurgery on April 13, 2014 1:50PM
  • bwilson.homeb16_ESO
    Just got the same pasted reply :/
  • defender1969eb17_ESO
    I can also be added to the list of reset bank space and removed gold overnight.
  • Leotheus
    Leotheus
    Bank reset, gold gone, 20 items gone from my bank as well.

You would think that this issue has been ongoing long enough to address it, or at least roll accounts back.

Here's my support response, not indicating that there is a specific forum to look up for this, nor indicating that loss of 8K+ of gold and maybe 24 hours of time is a reason to escalate.
    Response By Email (James) (04/12/2014 10:00 PM)
    Masser and Secunda shine on our meeting.

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
    We are currently investigating this issue and we will get back to you once we have a solution to the problem.

In the meantime you can stay up to date on our official web site at http:/www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk

May the Gods accept you as one of their own,

James
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Ack, another 59 posts in this thread since I last logged on.
    So I guess they really cannot get this thing under control. :s

That´s another weekend lost, maybe even a whole new week when they don´t patch on the official maintenance Tuesday.
    Quite frankly I´m not sure if I´m willing to stick around for another lost weekend after this. :\
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Gadgetz
    Gadgetz
    "Support has been readily in contact with me in regards to this, even to the point of sending a message 'just wanted to touch base' and they are clearly working on this issue and have stated they will resolve it."

I have gotten ONLY automated responses. I want my GOLD and Bank slots back. Idc about the rest. I want my gold. They want to keep customers, but wont hlep them when their game messes up.
  • Volainthe
    Volainthe
    Just happened to me. I logged in a character and suddenly received my imperial and explorer items in the post again...my heart just dropped as I ran to the bank and yups, storage reset from 90 to 60 and all my items and gold gone. Well time to send a support request to at least get my name on the list of those affected.
  • Leotheus
    Leotheus
    For some reason, this does not appear to be a priority. Especially since everyone is saying "don't expand your bank because you will just lose that later if they do change it". Assuming some utility beyond gold, I now have to visit my bank 20% more times than other players not suffering from this problem.

When you start to look at the lost time and increased transactions players will have to make, this starts to look like $4 a month. Even if the afflicted got such a discount, I am starting to doubt if they will stick around.

ESO dev team, we are eagerly awaiting a proactive response outlining what is being done.