The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Advanced Sorcerer Healer for dungeons (PuG viable, Wrathstone ready)

troomar
troomar
✭✭✭✭
As I have revamped my Sorcerer Healer, and I've had great success with it (I didn't take screenshots, but I really had positive feedback from PuGs I ran with), I would like to share my build with you.

@Tasear Any news about your sorcerers? :)

Firstly, I would like to warn you that this build is meant to be only for dungeons. For trials, you would have to build it a bit differently. But don't worry, we won't take any bad morphs of our skills, you can only adjust your CPs and bars and you definitely can go to trials with it.

I would also like to point out that this build is not completely "beginner friendly", for you need to be able to perform animation canceling technique with both light attacks and bar swapping to make it work efficiently. The build also trades some defensive layers typical to Magicka users for more offensive approach. But more of it later.

Race: Breton
Mundus: Ritual (for PuGs), Thief (for premade groups)
Attributes: all Magicka
Food: Witchmother (for PuGs), blue food (for premade groups)
Vampire: Nope

CP red: 56 Ironclad, 57 Spell Shield, 48 Thick SKinned, 49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 11 Quick Recovery
CP green: 31 Warlord, 75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity, 38 Tumbling, 51 Shadow Ward
CP blue: 75 Blessed, 81 Elfborn, 30 Spell Erosion, 13 Staff Expert, 20 Master-at-Arms, 51 Thaumaturge

Front bar skills:
Summon Volatile Familiar
Daedric Pray
Energy Orb - this is our main heal
Twilight Matriarch - this is our oh *** heal
Mutagen - the best HoT for 4-man groups
Ultimate: Greater Storm Atronach

Back bar skills:
Liquid Lightning
Blockade of Storms
Elemental Drain
Twilight Matriarch
Summon Volatile Familiar
Ultimate: Aggressive Horn

Armor: 6/0/1
Monster set: Bogdan the Nightflame (for PuGs), Symphony of Blades (after the update), or whatever you like.
Body armor: 5x Infallible Mage, all Divines or infused big pieces, Max Magicka
Jewelry: Olorime, all Arcane. At least 2x Recovery (for PuGs). For premades use any combination you like (I suggest 1x Recovery, 2x Spell Power)
Front bar weapon: Any Restoration Staff or Maelstrom Restoration Staff, Powered. Magicka Recovery / Spell Power enchant, whatever you like.
Back bar weapon: Olorime Lightning Staff, Powered. Fire Enchant or whatever you like.

Rotation (use Light attack between each skill):
Liquid Lightning -> Blockade of Storms -> swap -> Summon Volatile Familiar -> Daedric Pray -> swap -> Heavy attack

Few notes:
- Instead of Heavy attack, you can use Orbs or Mutagen.
- Your main goal is to keep Minor Vulnerability 100% up, and provide a synergy every 10 seconds for your tank wearing Alkosh (Liquid Lightning + Energy Orbs).
- We use Olorime only on backbar to be able to place the Major Courage effect via Liquid Lightning to any place we want
- Try to stay on your backbar as much as possible (more sustain, more DPS)
- You want your weapons Powered. And your Mundus to be Ritual (for PuGs). Sorcerers don't have any class abilities that would boost your healing. You have to get it somewhere. Trust me.

F.A.Q.:
Q: Where is Healing Springs and Combat Prayer?
A: You don't need Healing Springs almost anywhere including vet DLC HM. If you need it, swap it with Daedric Pray. Combat Prayer is an inefficient skill for dungeons. it's not worthy to use it.

Q: Where is my SHIELD? I'm a sorcerer and I don't have a shield on my bar? :-O
A: Shields are for noobs, you don't need it. Avoid damage, roll dodge, heal through it, don't be a tank. Think about stamina players, be pro ;)
Yes.
  • Mr_Hokusai
    Mr_Hokusai
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks. These seem clever changes to your previous Sorc healer builds @troomar .
    For dungeons (not trials), I definitely feel more comfortable with my Sorc healer than with my "meta" Templar (my humble feeling).

Olorime is not always sooo PUG-friendly. I sometimes go with good old SPC (still efficient and easy to proc for mobile small groups). This way, I can replace liquid lightning by boundless storm, for a little more agressive playstyle. That's only personal preference though! :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice information. For pug groups I would suggest something other than Olorime. To often I see pugs not paying attention to notice the buff circle being placed and it is not always possible to place it to hit everyone. Far to often I see inexperienced healers putting it down in a bad place. Even in raid groups where a healer is learning or being tested I have pointed out to the raid leader that the healer is placing the buff away from the group. Granted, this happens more often with a Templar as they are using their PBAoE effects and that procs the buff.

Just a thought.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mr_Hokusai
    Mr_Hokusai wrote: »
    Thanks. These seem clever changes to your previous Sorc healer builds @troomar .
    For dungeons (not trials), I definitely feel more comfortable with my Sorc healer than with my "meta" Templar (my humble feeling).

The game has changed so much for healers since Summerset update (1 year ago) and remember, I was progressing with sorc healer *before* summerset update. I've never progressed as a healer since. But I still, from time to time, run dungeons with my sorc. That's the simple reason why I made the changes to be more dungeons friendly without mentioning any specific builds for trials.
    Olorime is not always sooo PUG-friendly.

@idk
    idk wrote: »
    Nice information. For pug groups I would suggest something other than Olorime. To often I see pugs not paying attention to notice the buff circle being placed and it is not always possible to place it to hit everyone. Far to often I see inexperienced healers putting it down in a bad place. Even in raid groups where a healer is learning or being tested I have pointed out to the raid leader that the healer is placing the buff away from the group. Granted, this happens more often with a Templar as they are using their PBAoE effects and that procs the buff.

Just a thought.

The question is what other set would you replace Olorime with? In both Murkmire and Elsweyr there aren't any magnificent new sets, so the options remain the same - Jorvuld (PuG friendly), Worm / Sanctuary (questionable in dungeons), Mending (meh in dungeons)...

I don't thing that Olorime is PuG unfriendly. Let's look at it from my point of view. There are always 2 other DPS players in the group. If you count yourself as a DPS, so be it, but you know how to get Olorime buff. That means that in the worst scenario there are 2 players completely oblivious to Olorime buff. Olorime buff (without Jorvuld) lasts 30 seconds. Cooldown on the effect is 10 seconds. With Liquid Lightning you can place the effect exactly whenever you want. You can literally put the effect on the DPS whenever the player is. ... Can you see where I'm going? Yes, you can make sure that the uptime for both DPS will be 100% regardless their cooperation. I know it would take a lot of effort and it will lower your own DPS as you will have to focus on the cooldown, but it's still possible.

The real question might be if Major Courage is of any use to players that don't even know they should be looking for it on the ground :)

Btw. with Elsweyr you probably want the other morph of Liquid Lightning.
    I sometimes go with good old SPC (still efficient and easy to proc for mobile small groups). This way, I can replace liquid lightning by boundless storm, for a little more agressive playstyle. That's only personal preference though! :)

But then you have to change your rotation and while I haven't tested it I'm quite sure your DPS will be lower. Aggressive playstyle has nothing to do with being more tanky. But if you prefer and like it, go for it :)

Yes.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are very correct that Olorime is not pug friendly. Mostly because they stand where they want and are often oblivious to the buff circle. The set you would use for pugs instead of Olorime depends on what your goal is.

1. If you want to provide the Courage buff then use SPC. You can pair that with Jorvuld's and it would be a proper healing combination.

2. If I were to heal pug groups in 4 man groups I would go for personal damage that also helps your heals. Necropotence since you are probably using the healing twilight and it can be combined with your favorite trial damage set (or Necropotence and SPC since you would still benefit from that). If you already have a damage build then use that.

With a sorc and option 2 I would probably keep WoE down and volatile familiar going. Those two alone will boost most pug groups damage significantly.

In the end it is your choice. These are just two suggestions from two different perspectives.