The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Sc1 vet last boss

Mancombe_Nosehair
Mancombe_Nosehair
✭✭✭✭✭
I was tanking the above dungeon as a vet pledge last night, and I seemed to be taking a lot of damage from its light attacks. In fact, I actually died twice although I suspect the healer might have had a play (or lack of it).

I don't recall he boss doing so much damage with light attacks, is it me, or have the light attacks been buffed?

It probably didn't help that my team mates kept on standing in stupid and dying, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe you are referring to The Whisperer

The boss doesn't really seem to do a lot of damage besides two attacks: she spits at one person in the group that can do 15K+ damage and then the AOE she does at her feet which can be a 1-shot for non-tanks (especially on HM). But as far as Light Attack damage, I really don't recall this being an issue on my tank.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the one (I'm terrible with names). It's not the special attacks I had a problem with, although my group members hilariously died standing in stupid several times. Naturally it was my fault, obviously;)

It was the light attacks themselves that were the problem. It was on hard mode, although I have done it many times before.
    Edited by Mancombe_Nosehair on June 26, 2019 6:15PM
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tanked this last night in torug's and yolna(whatever that new sunspire tank set is called), with no healer (3dps, 1 tank) had no issues at all and didn't notice any difference in damage whatsoever.
    I am on PS4 NA.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, It is one of those bosses you don't need a healer for at all. On HM , it's either you dodge or die, there is no middle ground
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was the light attacks themselves that were the problem. It was on hard mode, although I have done it many times before.

I can't remember 100% how her Light Attacks work, but a little tip could be to use Absorb Magicka (Defensive Posture is base skill in Sword and Shield tree) to eat up those attacks.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

I can't remember 100% how her Light Attacks work, but a little tip could be to use Absorb Magicka (Defensive Posture is base skill in Sword and Shield tree) to eat up those attacks.

Thanks for that. I was just a bit mystified over why she was suddenly doinflg more damage with her basic attacks. Perhaps I just wasn't blocking enough.
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    I tanked this last night in torug's and yolna(whatever that new sunspire tank set is called), with no healer (3dps, 1 tank) had no issues at all and didn't notice any difference in damage whatsoever.
    I am on PS4 NA.

Thanks, must be me then!