Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about AP & Where to Spend them??

jnelson1182
jnelson1182
✭✭
so up until a week or so ago I had never done a BG or much of any other pvp stuff in eso but after doing a random BF I found I enjoy it just as much as pve. Long story short is after a week or so of playing bg's on all my characters I noticed I have a decent amount of alliance points but besides Vvardenfell, on the docks, where the battlemaster & 3 vendors are I have not been able to find any other place to spend AP. I already have more than enough weapons from wizards Riposte, impregnable Armor, knight slayer, & w/e other sets that vendor gives in the random bags you can buy and before I blow my AP on stuff I really don't need I was wondering if anyone knows of any other areas with AP venders who have either different weapons or different gear?
* Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
**MBF**
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your home gates in Cyrodiil have vendors for AP and the Imperial City vendors have a few things that can be bought for AP (mostly tel var though)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How the flip did I forget to mention the Golden Vendor? I'm an idiot.

So, every weekend, the Golden Vendor appears at one of your home gates in Cyrodiil and offers a random selection of either Undaunted Helms or Shoulders, and either4 golden necklaces or 4 golden rings from random dungeons and zones. These are for sale for gold or AP.
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    ok, awesome I knew there had to be somewhere that you could buy more than must weapons for AP lol. in your opinion which do you think would be the best for getting my moneys worth out of spending AP? waiting till weekend gild vender?
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, awesome I knew there had to be somewhere that you could buy more than must weapons for AP lol. in your opinion which do you think would be the best for getting my moneys worth out of spending AP? waiting till weekend gild vender?

Good ways to turn AP into gold are buying the Akaviri and Militant Ordinator motifs or BOE Golden Jewelry in good sets from the Golden Vendor to resell.
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar
    Your home gates in Cyrodiil have vendors for AP and the Imperial City vendors have a few things that can be bought for AP (mostly tel var though)

@VaranisArano I'm new as well and I did find those vendors but damn there is alot to buy! I'm only lvl 42 right now, SO i plan on banking all my AP till later on. Is there a way to find out what I should/need to buy?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, I'd definitely bank AP for now. Once you hit CP 160, any gear you get will be at the gear cap, so that's when I'd start checking the Golden Vendor for monster sets and jewelry that fits with the build you want. What gear you'll find useful really depends on how you want to PVP, so as you get to CP 160 it might be worth looking at some builds.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Save up that AP because there will be all kinds of cool stuff to buy during Mid Year Mayhem too.
  • Arandear
    Arandear
    ✭✭✭
    I often travel to Vlast and buy Ravager set items and hope I get lucky.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, don't forget the three towns in Cyrodiil sell gear for ap.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • merrypranxter
    merrypranxter
    ✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Yeah, don't forget the three towns in Cyrodiil sell gear for ap.

And what 3 towns would those be?

• dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cropsford, Bruma & Vlastarus.
    Each has a vendor selling bags of specific sets, the bags are labelled with the set name - but what item you get inside the bag is purely luck / RNG.

Oh, and the town needs to be the colour of your own faction, or the vendor + guards will kill you instead of trading with you :P
    Edited by dtsharples on June 26, 2019 9:38AM
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy thread resurrection !!
    Edited by LordLomax on June 26, 2019 12:10PM