The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Existing player should I buy new game to get all previous chapters?

dk998
dk998
Soul Shriven
Hi,

So I have the base game and the Orc city DLC buy nothing else. I want to get back into the game but from what I've seen in the store page if I buy the full collectors edition I get Elswyer and all the other chapters, If I buy the upgrade only ( as an existing player) I get only Elswyer. Is there a way to get the previous chapters without buying the full game again? Makes no sense that returning players have no purchase option to catch up with all other chapters but need to buy each chapter individually. Or should I just buy the full collectors edition to save money?

Also is there a way to switch my account to steam? ESO store sells to me with EUR which makes purchases I make there %20 more expensive than when paying in USD at steam. (sadly there is no price scaling to make it that I pay the same. 19 EUR does not equal $19)
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you Upgrade and then get the $15 ESO+ subscription you get access to all the DLCs - includes Morrowind and Summerset.

Its the Sub that gets you all the DLC access. Elsweyr is upgrading your base Game that you already purchased. Elsweyr is not a DLC (currently). Otherwise you would need to buy the DLCs you wanted to play separately, from the crown store.

Edited by barney2525 on June 21, 2019 7:14AM
  • dk998
    dk998
    Soul Shriven
    barney2525 wrote: »
    If you Upgrade and then get the $15 ESO+ subscription you get access to all the DLCs - includes Morrowind and Summerset.

Its the Sub that gets you all the DLC access. Elsweyr is upgrading your base Game that you already purchased. Elsweyr is not a DLC (currently). Otherwise you would need to buy the DLCs you wanted to play separately, from the crown store.

Thanks for the reply.

The problem with ESO+ is that the moment I stop subscribing to it all DLCs will be gone. Which is why I want to buy them. But that lack of a good option stops me from doing so.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Use the stipend from the sub (ESO+) to buy what you want to keep!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can buy Chapters in Crown store for 3500 each (+1500 extra for Warden)

But lets calculate. Its hard to value Crowns.

The total crowns needed for all DLC is 28 000 (+1500 for Warden but I will exclude itfrom now).
    Subscription for a month will be calculated with 11 EUR (6 month)

On one hand if you want to purchase all NOW you will need 170 EUR (+13EUR) equals to 15,5 month of sub. Also you will have 25 575 extra crown from sub

If you wait for Crown sale it goes down to with 35% so it will equals to 10 month of sub. Also you will have 16 500 extra Crown.

If you go extra patient then on average all DLCs have a 50% sale sometime in the year (some have more some have less) so with it you can get all (which is now released) for around 55 EUR worth of crowns which equals for 5 month and an extra 8250 Crowns.

My experience is that you should wait for 6-9 month and if you enjoy the game and have time for it then sub for it especialy if you have more characters and like crafting gathering.

If you want Elsweyr Morrowind and Summerset within a month then the best option is to buy the Elsweyr game sadly, but if you can wait, then you have sales option where you could have better deals.
  • dk998
    dk998
    Soul Shriven
    NeroBad wrote: »
    You can buy Chapters in Crown store for 3500 each (+1500 extra for Warden)

But lets calculate. Its hard to value Crowns.

The total crowns needed for all DLC is 28 000 (+1500 for Warden but I will exclude itfrom now).
    Subscription for a month will be calculated with 11 EUR (6 month)

On one hand if you want to purchase all NOW you will need 170 EUR (+13EUR) equals to 15,5 month of sub. Also you will have 25 575 extra crown from sub

If you wait for Crown sale it goes down to with 35% so it will equals to 10 month of sub. Also you will have 16 500 extra Crown.

If you go extra patient then on average all DLCs have a 50% sale sometime in the year (some have more some have less) so with it you can get all (which is now released) for around 55 EUR worth of crowns which equals for 5 month and an extra 8250 Crowns.

My experience is that you should wait for 6-9 month and if you enjoy the game and have time for it then sub for it especialy if you have more characters and like crafting gathering.

If you want Elsweyr Morrowind and Summerset within a month then the best option is to buy the Elsweyr game sadly, but if you can wait, then you have sales option where you could have better deals.

Thank you. :)