Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Velothi Reverie in Clockwork style (picture heavy) - Updated

Watchdog
Watchdog
✭✭✭✭✭
I am in love with two furnishing styles in ESO - Dwemer and Clockwork. I have been working on a Dwemer styled conversion of the Ald Velothi Harbor House for some time, but due to the exorbitant prices and extreme scarcity of Dwemer styled furniture and plans, the progress is very slow. To take a break, I thought I could try the other style I loved.

As ESO seriously lacks any non-Manor sized house in the Clockwork style, I decided to "clockworkize" one of the Medium houses that I really like - Velothi Reverie - in the meantime. The idea is to create a house heavily modified in Clockwork style.

This project has taken a lot of my gaming time lately, but I am having tons of fun. This is part of the actual engame for me. So far, I must have spent somewhere around 1,000,000 gold on furnishing plans, materials, luxury and achievement furnishings, and some crafted items too. I bought a handful of items with Crowns, but those were generally things unavailable elsewhere, and the Clockwork and New Life Festival furnishing packs. I also bought the Clockwork City DLC Collector's Edition.

I am still working on the backstory of my character living there, Danna Indoril, who is to be a Tamriel-born Clockwork Apostle sent outside the Clockwork City, possibly to conduct some experiments. In addition to being an astronomer, she is a well-trained tailor and leatherworker too.

Here is my plan for the house:

The entry hall will contain the Precursor (I only have one so far), his charging station, and some Clockwork bookcases.

The room with the door to the garden will serve as Danna's indoor workshop, and it will contain a custom clothier station (I am still a bit hesitant to spend 3,500 Crowns on the "official" Clockwork Clothier Station), additional clothier devices and tools, supplies, and another station - one for scavenging useful parts of destroyed Factotums, such as the chest armour used in the Medium Apostle style that Danna is wearing. It is a pity that the Clockwork brass tool case is not available even in Crown Store, so I had to use the wooden one instead.

The other room will serve as the house's utility room, and it will contain some machinery, a large water tank, a fireplace, a bath, Danna's cosmetics station, and perhaps some other things.

The cellar will contain as much Clockwork machinery as I could manage to stuff it with, and also some boxes and barrels in the Clockwork style.

The little indoors balcony will contain a couple of chairs, a tea table, some drinkware and some other items to make it feel a bit cozy.

Danna's bedroom will contain Clockwork furniture, with some additions, such as for the bed.

The other bedroom will be furnished mostly in Dunmer style, to serve as the guest bedroom. To simplify things a bit, the servants have their own accommodation in Deshaan.

The garden will be completely modified, serving mostly as an outdoor astronomical research station. It will contain a statue of Sotha Sil from the furniture pack. I may add some Fabricant plants too, if I manage to find enough room for them.

As always, I plan to make heavy use of the NPC's and pets available to me, namely the Merchant, the Banker, the Precursor target dummy, and the Skeevaton pet.

Please, find some screenshots below, bear in mind, that the house is still quite far from being finished, though. Much of it, including the garden is still more a proof of concept than a finished and fully presentable home, fit for welcoming visitors.I hope you find my Velothi Reverie somewhat interesting regardless. :)

The entry hall:
0MHKobS.png

Danna's Clothier station:
BOolIVn.png
cRzhsmS.png
bxcrL5M.png
wzJ7rZF.png

The Factotum wreckage scavenging Station:
4XLdF0x.png
UuJjWf7.png

The house's machinery room:
0YixQfo.png

Danna's bath:
T22Dgip.png
G0GzQdX.png

The main fireplace:
KcNELW2.png
8d4nIqt.png

Danna's cosmetics station:
yHChMue.png

Danna's Bedroom:
rY6zWYh.png

The house's mechanized garden:
UHkDRuI.png
zj74NY2.png
DMupY6h.png
DjeuNdW.png

A custom made astronomical research device:
sUY4NnI.png
Edited by Watchdog on March 17, 2019 4:50PM
Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • MythicaLMeddLer
    MythicaLMeddLer
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you get that fire place? Did you make it or is it in game? I have this home as well and have never seen the fire place..would like to add it to my crib.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you get that fire place? Did you make it or is it in game? I have this home as well and have never seen the fire place..would like to add it to my crib.

Came with the New Life Furnishing Pack.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can purchase it in the housing store.

Just go to your house > housing editor (F5) > Browse (R) > go to the purchase tab and look under structures > Building Components.

It's at the bottom of the list and it costs 750 crowns. A fine price to pay for the best fireplace in the game imo
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks excellent. Very consistent and detailed. It would be great if they gave us a home that fits the theme... one that didn't cost €100!!
    I look forward to seeing the finished item. A video tour would be great.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad you like it, thank you. :)

The fireplace was indeed included in the New Life Festival furnishings pack. The fire itself is actually a Cooking station.

It is going to take me a number of daily writs rounds and some lucky sales at the trader to earn enough to buy more items I have in mind. I am going to have to progress with my questing too, as many nice items are achievement locked.

I am currently also trying to get enough doable Master writs to get the Unsurpassed Crafter achievement, allowing me to buy some nice golden furnishing plans.

I found out I was really enjoying fully refurnishing a house. There are many houses in ESO for me to refurnish, as I plan to eventually give each of my characters a unique home. I currently have eleven characters, which means a lot of gold and some Crowns too.

*daydreams about an ESO+ perk of an unlimited capacity Furnishing Bag and makes very very sad puppy eyes at ZOS*
    Edited by Watchdog on January 12, 2019 3:02PM
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me present to you my Clockwork styled Velothi Reverie version 2, and with a little story too. :)

The Lady of the house, Danna of House Indoril, has just returned home to announce the visit of Master Tythis the Astronomer, who expressed his wish to use the house's advanced astronomical devices to study some irregularities on the night sky, possibly caused by Daedric influence. He was offered to stay overnight and the guest bedroom was made ready for him.

As a skilled tailor, Danna has no shortage of customers coming for rehearsals of her fashionable dresses made with the use of high quality Clockwork City fabrics and disassembled automaton components. One such rehearsal is scheduled for tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Danna's Khajiit apprentice, Pirharri the Mechanic, is still busy trying to disassemble some automaton parts, and Nuzimeh, the house's maid-of-all-work, makes sure all preparations for the visit of the important guest go smoothly.

I am hooome, and we are going to have an important guest tonight!
    thHH9fn.png

May Lord Seth's wisdom guide me.
    yel1p5R.png

May the Tribunal watch over us all.
    C9lXC8H.png

Should the guest fancy some tea and games, I am ready.
    vjyWovK.png

The silver kettle with Mutshera's Remorse tea is steaming.
    iFjJFux.png

The guest bedroom seems ready.
    h8SQ4u7.png

All lanterns are lit up.
    Om6nv7i.png

I hope Master Tythis finds the bedroom cozy enough.
    CyZaEa2.png

Machinery room seems ready too.
    xhvXzFg.png

Switching all cogs on.
    fqN6zWY.png

My stock of tailoring supllies should last for a few more months.
    tAGDUct.png

Everything ready, Nuzimeh?
    Vcy2tm3.png

Sera, as if your maid-of-all-work has ever failed you...
    M15BIc7.png

Alright, I should make myself a bit more presentable then.
    x2K2t5F.png

Am I glad to have such a well supplied cosmetics corner.
    UZ3c5E0.png

*humms an old Clockwork City tune happily*
    STszmVm.png

All is ready for tomorrow's tailoring session too.
    3FSXfPB.png

Sorry, Skweex, we will play later, alright?
    zKDXmca.png

I hope the customer likes the dress.
    TKqAdX5.png

This Pirharri the Mechanic is true Apostle material.
    62bIpb7.png

Look Sera, this one found a way to disassemble these. It shouldn't take her long, yes?
    qx0nLY9.png

Just relax and meditate, everything will be fine.
    O8DmJGd.png

Welcome to my humble abode, Master Tythis.
    qqrN8Ij.png

Hmm, is this really where Baar Dau came to be?
    8aMCZqY.png

I hope this intricate orrery is useful to Master Tythis.
    ZSZI6sm.png

Alright, let's get some business paperwork done.
    osZ6Agu.png

All done and put back to its place.
    t2CPshb.png

Oh, my evening bath is ready.
    YWSErVX.png

Nothing like a hot steamy bath and one of tasty Nuzimeh's sweetrolls.
    3OS8e3n.png

Time to get some sleep.
    aINKw6p.png

Good morning Lord Seth.
    mPOi8ZC.png

Master Tythis, Nuzimeh told me your bed has not been slept in.
    mJb5S69.png

By Seth, you really kept yourself busy the whole night, didn't you?
    D71u9BO.png

You look exhausted, I shall have Nuzimeh bring you some black coffee and a sweetroll at once.
    A7LZGYh.png

Oh, my poor little frightened fellow, you don't get so much excitement at once in Murkmire, do you?
    hSD3iZN.png
    Edited by Watchdog on March 17, 2019 5:49PM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work, sera! I like how you kept everything in one style without too many deviations from it. Really gives a wholesome experience. That's something worth striving for.

And this is not the style that is easy to adhere, which makes your endeavor even more formidable. I see that you have a lot of pieces you have to either collect throughout the year (which I assume you did in most cases) or buy from traders, which is also requires a great effort. But it pays off, the level of detail you've got hear is great indeed!

The only problem I saw so far is that the screenshots are a bit oversaturated with yellow color. Mostly because of a strong light exposure. I know, that Dunmer housing tends to be a bit dark and requires a lot of light sources to be properly lighted. Plus, the metallic surfaces exacerbate the problem a bit, but I think that some places may require some light reduction. Maybe you have used the culanda stones to light the whole house, to save some slots, therefore you might want to add a blue varla stone to compensate the yellowish color and make it more of a daylight hue.

Edited by NoTimeToWait on March 17, 2019 8:23PM
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work, sera! I like how you kept everything in one style without too many deviations from it. Really gives a wholesome experience. That's something worth striving for.

And this is not the style that is easy to adhere, which makes your endeavor even more formidable. I see that you have a lot of pieces you have to either collect throughout the year (which I assume you did in most cases) or buy from traders, which is also requires a great effort. But it pays off, the level of detail you've got hear is great indeed!

The only problem I saw so far is that the screenshots are a bit oversaturated with yellow color. Mostly because of a strong light exposure. I know, that Dunmer housing tends to be a bit dark and requires a lot of light sources to be properly lighted. Plus, the metallic surfaces exacerbate the problem a bit, but I think that some places may require some light reduction. Maybe you have used the culanda stones to light the whole house, to save some slots, therefore you might want to add a blue varla stone to compensate the yellowish color and make it more of a daylight hue.

I can craft most of the items in the house, bar the statue of Sotha Sil and some of the most expensive furnishing plans, where I bought the items from guild traders. I did buy the Sotha Sil furniture pack, which gave me some items to start with. Some items come from achievement vendors (my crafter is Hero of Clockwork City), some items I bought from the luxury vendor.

I am using a reshade addon, which may be adding to the brightness of the colours. I may test removing some of the many Clockwork light sources and see if that helps with the yellow oversaturation. There are many such light sources in the house, because as you said, the Dunmer houses tend to be quite dark. There are no Culanda stones there, however.

Thank you for the tip and I am glad you like my house. :)
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont be afraid to throw dwemer things in there. While the apostles dislike dwemer things, sotha sil has a love for dwarven things and took inspiration from them. His early creations have dwemeri features and places like the halls of fabrication have dwemer automatons
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 18, 2019 3:45AM
  • FurySevenSix
    FurySevenSix
    ✭✭✭
    Looks amazing Watchdog, great work. :smile:
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love love love not only your housing concept, but you did such a wonderful job creating a story in your second post! Very well done indeed! <3
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a creative and well blended marriage of VR and CW! I also love the added touches of Alinor. Lovely work @Watchdog
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the kind words @FurySevenSix, @mayasunrising and @Delphinia, it is nice to see other people liking my little creation. :)

@Aliyavana - I have another home project for Dwemer stuff, my Ald Velothi Harbor House. So far only one room is decorated, but I do plan to focus on that house in the future. I refrain from mixing Dwemer and Clockwork styles much. As someone told me, they each come from a different tale.

There is still some Clockwork furniture I plan to craft or obtain in a different way. I also plan to work a bit more on the guest bedroom. It feels a bit dull at the moment and I am still at 312/400 slots used only.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Velothi Reverie is one of my favorite houses, being Dunmer and the first house I purchased with gold and decorated from scratch. Nice to see what you've done using CW furnishings. I also appreciate that most of the non-CW furnishings are Dark Elf or MW, which I think fit well with the CW style and of course, the house.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 21, 2019 9:07PM
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The newest addition to the research tools in the house, freshly unpacked after its arrival from the Brass Fortress.

Just a little correction...
    3pm5rXP.png

...and there we go.
    WRdcsPH.png

Provost Varuni Arvel sends her kind regards. It was she who insisted that Danna is sent to do the exodromal research afterall:
    wMOJFPc.png
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    well done! really liking the theme you have going on.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I said in that other thread, I love your cosmetics station. I also just love the lighting overall. Everything is so GOLDEN. It's a shame what you told me about the Hectahame skull; I've had to abandon ambient light ideas because the light oozed through the walls, too.

Ahem, have an awesome.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨