The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• rsanidad_ESO
    Just happened to me and providing feedback to hopefully help solve the issue.
    1. Expanded the bank slot from 70 to 80
    2. Was switching characters to do some crafting (with horrendous load times)
    3. Logged in my main to get the items my crafters created
    4. Got an email notice and saw that the new character items have been re-sent
    5. Checked the bank and all the items were gone (including gold) and bank slots were back down to 60.

Reading through some of the threads, it seems the issue is related to expanding bank slots. Somehow something is triggering some kind of reset.
  • Stormydove
    MINE TOO, just now I got mailed a 2nd explorers pack and all my bank is empty my sales are gone, i've been robbed!!!
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just happen to me, yet again, and I have done nothing to cause this, no upgrades on bank, nothing. I did notice it's taking 5-10 minutes to switch alts or log in and there is extreme chat lag atm (10 minutes +). At this point I'm done, not going to bother with this anymore. Pretty sure the sub hit (not only mine but everyone else having this issue) is going to be enough to make someone at ZOS notice.
  • rsanidad_ESO
    cosmoecogs wrote: »
    As stated prior, I've been hit by it twice now. And now my wife's account has had the same issue. This is causing me to rethink the 6 mo subscription.

Same. I was initially trying to get more friends to play, but I honestly can't recommend the game right now.

• graywindnzrwb17_ESO
    Can you add me to this list as well. I have lost 3 bank upgrades. Can I just get the coin refunded because I have repurchased the bank upgrades again
  • BlackRings
    Just got hit but this bug. I have been at 80 slots for a while, now at 60. Looks like server is offline at the moment, maybe a fix is in the works?
  • Guldendraak
    Guldendraak
    ✭✭
    Just an update

Logged in and noticed that all 4 in-game emails with the pre-order goodies (which I had re-received just as I lost 40 bank slots) had disappeared from the inbox (I hadn't deleted them).. However, I'm still at 60 bank slots and have had to spent a chunk of gold and available character slots in order to store my items..

Whilst the issue may sound minor to someone not experiencing it, this has really made the game go from being fun to feeling like a job that requires serious time investment just to manage my inventory. The fact that it's been going for 2 weeks and could affect anyone, should be making players nervous.
  • alive741
    alive741
    I've now had 4 bank resets in 24 hours, 4 sets of explorer packs are in my mailbox. With the way new people are joining this thread you'd think this would take priority over server lag..since this is completely game-ruining for many people affected..
  • Malignos
    Malignos
    Soon as I received the Imperial Edition items again in the mail I knew I was screwed. Sure enough....bank expansion gone...no idea what was in those 10 slots.....but luckily still had the 60 and the items in it.

Guess i'll refrain from expanding for now till we hear some word of a fix....
  • Frough
    Frough
    ✭✭✭
    I just lost ALL my stuff as well and bank upgrades. I was given repeat mails from the collector's edition and beta items.

Immediately prior, had some horrendous load times as well. Was trying to also put items on my guild's auction house.
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Should have checked here instead of leaving the room to read for twenty minutes whenever I tried to log in / log out... like others, my bank dropped back to 60 slots... not sure if I lost anything, but I hope not (was not "full", and likely had less than 60 items in the bank)...

And also as others have noted, I got the "explorer's pack" emails TWICE now... just what I need --- more things to clutter up my bank space as it dwindles!
  • nizzybb14_ESO
    Really strange but my mule character got back most of what I was missing. It just randomly had other items I didn't put in there. I know this because I only stored enchants on this character. I don't know if I received everything on this one because my mule character was the first character I created. My bank is still 60 though.
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    Really strange but my mule character got back most of what I was missing. It just randomly had other items I didn't put in there. I know this because I only stored enchants on this character. I don't know if I received everything on this one because my mule character was the first character I created. My bank is still 60 though.

From what I have gathered from other players, you bank items are distributed to your other character's inventories. I personally have so many crafting mats that I can't tell. But the main upgrade mats and stacks of 100 of this and that are still intact. So I don't think anyone actually loses anything but the upgrade slots.

And eventually they will figure all of this out and everyone will get their stuff back. I'm sure of that. The question is when? I am currently spending about 50% of my time managing my inventory (or lack thereof) in what I like to call the Elder Scrolls Online Inventory management maxi-game. Not mini-game because that would suggest a small game you occasionally play and this is certainly NOT that.
  • KannibalRath
    After having my bank holding vanish after receiving my starter items back, I agree that inventory management is the biggest in-game challenge. At least they didn't take away our mankinis.
  • boredpeonub17_ESO
    Been almost two weeks for me so far. The two week mark being on Monday. Nothing but promises of "We are working on it, blah blah blah."

I would have thought a fix would have been implemented by now. Especially because any data loss bugs create a very bad reputation for the game. Not something you want before the game gets off the ground.

I think at this point some sort of compensation should be due to people affected. Some sort of compensation given to those affected might earn back some trust and faith with the game.
  • gustasonmichaelub17_ESO
    I think at this point some sort of compensation should be due to people affected. Some sort of compensation given to those affected might earn back some trust and faith with the game.

Yes, but what measure of compensation?
    Would it scale with how long since you lost bank space? With how many slots you lost? How many times it's happened?

Initially I'd have been alright with my 11,100gold refund so I could buy back the space, but as time goes on (mine got rolled-back Apr. 3) I'm thinking more and more about the time I've lost because of it.

Thoughts?

What should the actual compensation be?
    Coin-for-coin refund?
    Bonus cash?
    Game time?

O_o
    "Our race has not been strained for all these ages through that sieve of dangers that we call Natural Selection, to sit down, in the tedium of safety.
    The bourgeois is too much cottoned about for any zest in living; he sits in his parlour out of reach of any danger, often out of reach of any vicissitude but one of health-- and there he yawns."
    -Robert Louis Stevenson
  • alive741
    alive741
    This wasn't fixed with the in scheduled maintenance Saturday night...ugh...I don't get how this 100% game breaking bug is getting this little attention.
  • Guldendraak
    Guldendraak
    ✭✭
    I guess the thing is - they'll fix the big issues that everyone is experiencing (slow load times/slow in-game mail etc) first and then, when time permits look at what is affecting a small/ish number of people - like what we're seeing.

The problem is of course that the longer this drags on, the less inclined we will be to sub, but in the general scheme of things, us leaving isn't going to hurt the games bottom line.. It's only if the issue continues without a resolution, slowly spreading to more and more accounts that a fix will become a priority.

I could be wrong, but given this issue was apparently in beta and still isn't resolved 2 weeks after early access started, doesn't give me hope of seeing a fix (all bank slots and all items restored) before our first month of game time is up.

Edit.. in case you didn't notice - since the server maintenance tonight, they've removed the part at the top of the support forums saying they are aware of the bank slot issue..
    Edited by Guldendraak on April 13, 2014 7:57AM
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭

Would it scale with how long since you lost bank space? With how many slots you lost? How many times it's happened?

Initially I'd have been alright with my 11,100gold refund so I could buy back the space, but as time goes on (mine got rolled-back Apr. 3) I'm thinking more and more about the time I've lost because of it.

Thoughts?

Coin-for-coin refund?
    Bonus cash?
    Game time?

O_o

**PLEASE NOTE this has not yet happened to me**

The compensation for such a bug should be 250,000 gold and an enchanted legendary Void sword, plus a free veteran 6 level alt toon for everyone effected for 5+ days, and for those effected two times they get an extra 500,000 gold. Also give them an extra week of game time, and an apology. This would be sufficient and again this has not happened to me yet, but I believe this is the proper way to compensate these players for being ripped off out of their hard earned money.
    Edited by Tweek on April 13, 2014 7:12AM
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    So much support form ZOS...
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭
    Bob wrote: »
    So much support form ZOS...

Everyone should just quit now before this game goes free to play and tanks(assuming they don't fix these glitches and don't comp the affected).

Really getting your moneys worth here(much more expensive than the average MMO + comes with twice the bugs)..... losing everything you earned and spending three and a half days waiting for customer support to escalate your ticket so you can wait another day and have them tell you they gave you a vanity pet and all if fixed. After you lost 50,000+ gold and all your items and effort into your character.
    Edited by Tweek on April 13, 2014 7:58AM
  • Mohrdechaia
    If there's a list going on deleted items - add me to it. My bank was chock full at 80/80 with crafting mats, however is now sitting at 29/80 with all of my runes disappeared...

Edit - I'm too worried to deposit anything in my bank since it may now disappear and my bags are full as well. Kinda hard to quest with no bag space.
    Edited by Mohrdechaia on April 13, 2014 8:04AM
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Shukal
    Shukal
    Thought I'd share the response I got today with you guys:
    I want to start by saying again I am sorry about those pesky mudcrabs coming into banks and snipping away travelers slots and items... apparently they do not know that you cannot make shelters out of pitch , diamonds , and gold , although a robe made out of flax is probably what they want in order to keep warm.

Again as well please just be sure not buy any additional slots as they will be lost once the patch applies to your game. The next time some pesky mudcrabs come in and try to steal some bank slots if you are there I encourage you to take the actions of the this kitty:

And then there's apparently a picture which I can't see but whatever. According to this we really shouldn't buy any slots atm.
  • cheeser123
    cheeser123
    ✭✭✭
    Shukal wrote: »
    I want to start by saying again I am sorry about those pesky mudcrabs coming into banks and snipping away travelers slots and items... apparently they do not know that you cannot make shelters out of pitch , diamonds , and gold , although a robe made out of flax is probably what they want in order to keep warm.

Again as well please just be sure not buy any additional slots as they will be lost once the patch applies to your game. The next time some pesky mudcrabs come in and try to steal some bank slots if you are there I encourage you to take the actions of the this kitty:

And then there's apparently a picture which I can't see but whatever. According to this we really shouldn't buy any slots atm.

I don't believe this ridiculous response. I get it, humor is meant to diffuse the situation or something, but this is ridiculous.

Also, patch? The patch will remove slots? Did they bother to announce this somewhere?
  • Tweek
    Tweek
    ✭✭✭

Did you get your stuff back...plus an extra 20K gold for your trouble...maybe some game time compensation?

This is garbage.

Edited by Tweek on April 13, 2014 8:26AM
  • allwebjunkb16_ESO
    allwebjunkb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Well, over a week after I raised the issue, and 3 email telling me it had been passed on, closed, and reopened I have today received the below:

Response By Email (Desiree) (04/13/2014 03:40 AM)
    Greetings Fellow Gamer!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
    The next thing we will need to do is verify your account.
    Please reply with the following information so we can take the next step.

- First & Last Name
    - Date of Birth
    - Both email addresses used on your account
    - The last 4 digits of transaction or PayPal ID

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

So not only has it JUST been passed to an admin they are now asking me to prove that the ticket, sent through in-game support, was actually from me!

Is it just me that feels all these 'we are aware' tickets are a very poor attempt at making their service standards look better? (to explain, if a response is sent to a ticket, even if that response doesn't pertain to the issue then its classed as dealt with. Any subsequent response from the user is then counted as day 1 again)
  • Vikes546b16_ESO

Thoughts?

Coin-for-coin refund?
    Bonus cash?
    Game time?

O_o

I made a suggestion earlier in the thread which I feel is fair and balanced, and a direct form of compensation for the nature of the problem.

Also : Thanks to rioinsigniab16_ESO for letting us know it isn't just Imperial Edition people and to Requielle for informing us it isn't just ZOS digital downloads.
  • karstenb16_ESO7
    karstenb16_ESO7
    ✭✭✭
    It happened to me yesterday. I was quite upset about the loss but after a good night's sleep I have calmed down enough to realize that it's been only 2 weeks since prerelease. If I had to start all over it wouldn't kill me. It's still a beautiful game.

However, what I also realized is, that it matters a lot HOW Zenimax handles this issue. Right now the most anyone can lose is two weeks of invested free time (except for those who bought gold, and that thought actually makes me smile :smiley: ).

But what happens a few months or years down the road. What if it happens then and you'd be threatened to lose something that you spent a lot of time to obtain, something that you got emotionally attached to? I strongly believe that character progression and achievements are top priority for most players. Losing skills, items, achievements, basically anything you can obtain and which you consider to be yours now and nobody can take it away from you, that is the worst that can happen.

And right now I am worried. These problems are huge and they are not being handled well in my opionion. There is too little official feedback and information for my taste. An issue of this magnitude calls for a statement from the producer. This is game breaking. Not so much because of the bits and bytes and digital pixels that might have vanished into thin air, but because it has the power to destroy the trust the player base has in that company's ability to run an MMO of this size.

If they handle it poorly now, will it be the same when it matters a lot more in the future?

Just my 2 cents.

Cal
  • Shukal
    Shukal
    Tweek wrote: »

Did you get your stuff back...plus an extra 20K gold for your trouble...maybe some game time compensation?

This is garbage.

Got nothing back yet. But atleast something other that an automated response. I wonder which patch he is talking about. Hopefully one that comes soon.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altairien's quetions ask pretty much everything I would like to know. I would add:

Why are your Customer Service reps marking our tickets as "SOLVED" when they state in the same email the "Devs are looking into it" ?
    I want to know what company is doing the so-called customer service. Are they getting paid per closures of ticket? If they are all bots, how are they deciding? What parameters have been setup? Is it a keyword kind of thing? Are there a whole bunch of computers somewhere deciding the fate the of this game?

I want to know who exactly is in charge if anybody is is in charge. Or are they hiding in a dark closet somewhere? I wouldn't blame them for wanting to hide. Maybe they have already been fired. I think the ACA was more ready than this. Can't think of a reason to work a toon past 10 yet. We have abandoned more quests than we have finished due to the bugs.
    I've given up crafting, I can't hold all the stuff in bank for fear of bank disappearing because I was foolish enough to upgrade the slots.
    We earn our money the old fashioned way as we are unsure of how guilds work and we see all the abuse. We tried to craft but the bots on Stros M'kai are rampant. We try to immerse in city life but you cannot follow anything when chat is obliterated with gold sellers. I especially like the one that starts "lovely females wants to join guild with big bank..." They are in my mail, inviting me to guilds, and be my friend.

Yesterday someone helped me kill a creature while I was learning to craft soul gems. First I couldn't thank him in time cuz of awkward lousy chat system, then he ran when I tried to trade him the gem. I guess i freaked him out trying to trade. All I wanted to do was give him the gem in thanks. I guess he "assumed" I was a bot trying to sell him gold.

Sad state of affairs...