Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone lose access to Summerset and JC with ESO+ cancellation? Did the JC tree remain? Progress?

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
Asking for ESOReddit and couldn't find anything on the Support pages.

If anyone has canceled ESO+ and lost Summerset and JC access, did the crafting skill tree remain afterward visible? And Progress still there?

I would think it "should" work like other combat skills and Vamp/WW where if you lose access or cure you don't lose progress. But stopping ESO+ access or a new account w/o Summerset would be the only way to check.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there a check on the Jewelry crafting stations though? So even if you keep the skill you can't use it without Summerset.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    There might be, but it would have to be confirmed by someone that had access and then stopped access.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Might have to wait for an answer on this, since Summerset only became a DLC a few weeks ago. Those of us who bought the chapter can't lose access.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there a check on the Jewelry crafting stations though? So even if you keep the skill you can't use it without Summerset.

Yup, I guess that's it. You keep your skill line and progress, but you can't use any jewelry crafting table at all.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens to any invested skillpoints? Is it like werewolf and vampire used to be, where if you had skillpoints invested and lost access to the skill line, those skillpoints were gone until you regained use of the skill line?
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you did not buy the chapter and merely have it with ESO+ it would make sense you would lose JC as I do not recall it being moved to the base game.

I see no notice of this in the patch notes for this update and without it noted there it would seem my comment would be correct.
    Marginis wrote: »
    What happens to any invested skillpoints? Is it like werewolf and vampire used to be, where if you had skillpoints invested and lost access to the skill line, those skillpoints were gone until you regained use of the skill line?

It would make sense the two would work in the same manner.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this other thread I noted that the "Jewel Crafting" achievement didn't correlate to being able to use the crafting stations. This was on an account without Summerset before it became a DLC, so not quite the same situation. However, it does suggest that getting the JC skill line isn't going to let you use the stations without having the DLC. You shouldn't lose the materials, as they could be collected without Summerset, but you can't use them for anything but furnishings. I suspect if you had skill levels established, they'd stay, so making an Alinor Armchair, for example, which is a woodworking item, but requires level 3 Jewel Crafting, would be possible.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    You shouldn't lose the materials, as they could be collected without Summerset, but you can't use them for anything but furnishings.

You can always collect materials and ask a guildie to craft jewelry (or "jewelry furnishing") for you using those mats. Not having access to jewelry stations doesn't mean not having access to crafted jewelry.

• silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I am not certain, but this sounds like the same issue with the thieves' guild troves and the db blade of woe. ie. You keep the ability to use any skill that you've been able to use due to prior progress. I cannot be certain, but it seems to be in the same general style as that.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just canceled my sub so I'll let ya'll know lol.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."