Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help me build a hybrid DPS toon.

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Old but gold: *click*

Haven't tried this for a while but was a lot of fun back then, and the theorycrafter pulled 36k with it.
    Of course there are a few patch notes between then and now. So try it and please tag me when you tell us how it went.

no one uses thief since it got nerfed. Probably worth swapping that for the lover.

maelstrom weapons are bad now, probably want to swap them out too. anything with a 2pc weapon damage would probably work better. you may get more mileage from 2 master weapons buffing the blood craze damage tick.

Swap out rapid strikes for hidden blade and you get major brutality since you don't need rapid to proc the vma buff anymore.
    the storm atro buff was actually a nerf for hybrid builds, so that sucks, so i'd drop that, change daedric prey for haunting curse and run the destro ult.

Yep, it's not up to date anymore, that's what my second last sentence was about. It was meant more like a "guide" to know what a working hybrid has looked like and to start adapting from there on. Good that you already did that now. I should have expressed myself clearer.

• exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Don't waste time here.

Go on reddit. There is every Thursday a theorycraft thread. Much higher chance that somebody would help you.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/813xxf/theorycraft_thursday_discuss_builds_skills/

Or ask DocFrost72 here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393733/helping-make-unique-builds
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, I have the following:

Dunmer Sorc
    30 points in Magicka
    34 points in Stamina

Warrior Mundus

Full gold set of Pelinials
    3 piece Agility(Arcane, wpn dmg enchants)
    2 Hundings Swords, purple(just what I have available until I scrounge up some master or maelstrom axes/daggers) Backbar is some random lightning staff.
    1 Piece Kena
    1 Piece Velidreth

Unbuffed weapon/spell damage is about 3k, but spell and weapon crit are pretty bad right now...about 35-40%

So far I have managed 19-21k single target, but there is a lot of room for improvement considering this toon was a magicka tank of mine, I am missing virtually all the needed skills to do any real DPS. I don't even have fighters guild leveled beyond 2, just started dual wield skill line...no skill points even for the skills I have unlocked. I suspect by the time the build is finished and I actually get a decent rotation down I will be in the range of 27-30k single target, so as far as I am concerned, it is definitely workable. I would be happy enough with 27k, but goal is still 30k

With only Pelinial's gold so far and no Hakeijos on the shoulders and head my stats are:
    19k Health
    24k Magicka
    24k Stamina

The helm and shoulders are whatever junk I had in the bank, so weight isn't right either, so undaunted passives arent there, not having dawnbreaker or even being a vampire yet hurts as well. The point being that even a half-assed hybrid build I threw together in a couple hours can put out 21k single target...30k with a finished, practiced build certainly seems possible

More importantly, so far the build is a lot of fun to play, definitely plays differently than my other pure stam or pure magicka builds....actually plays a lot more like my tanks do and seems to have decent survivability without even slotting a heal other than blood craze

Anyone know offhand how Domihaus works? It says proc either does phsyical or magicka DPS and buffs weapon or spell dmg, is it random which one it does or is it tailored to the build using it? I mean, the DoT is fine either way, but I am wondering about the damage buff...in my example I have 3k weapon and spell damage because of pelinial's right? so say Domihaus procs as spell damage...does that buff it to 3200? and in turn also buff physical because of pelinial's? In effect I guess the question is that because I am wearing Pelinial's would Domihaus buff both physical AND spell dmg?
    Edited by josiahva on March 6, 2018 4:28PM
  • dangutang
    dangutang
    ✭✭
    I have a completely unoptimized dunmer hybrid dk that I think will break 30k. Hitting in the 20s now, but that's without the additional WD from medium armor and fighters guild passives, unoptimized cp and enchants, missing passives, and some unleveled skills. I'm using pelinal's and twice born star, plus 1 pc veli and 1 pc molag. Planning on trying 2 pc molag once I get it, and figure out sustain a bit more.

Still trying to optimize skills...flames of oblivion now gives major buff for spell and weapon crit (so awesome), and the dk class aoe lasts a whopping 18 seconds (also awesome) and procs minor brutality, so I can get major brutality from a mag or stam skill. It seems like any weapon combo works well. Crit chances aren't great, but weapon/spell damage is bonkers. Even using sword and shield, I get in the 20s just alternating venomous claw and flame lash. With full stack of seething fury, WD/SD is even more bonkers. Idk why people hate on hybrids so much. I'm loving it.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Yes, I know that hybrids will never be top-tier at anything...and that's fine. My goal here is a hybrid toon to run daily pledges, overland content, etc. The goal is 30k DPS. Suggestions for sets and race, enchants, traits,skills,mundus etc welcome.

First off, I am torn on what race and class to use, I am thinking Dunmer(for stam and magicka boosts...as well as fire mitigation for the inevitable vamp)
    Class is completely up in the air and I have no idea what will be best

The only thing I do have so far is a full set of gold Pelinial's medium(with the exception of the belt which is light), infused(maybe this is better as Divines?) with Hakeijo enchants(possibly better with stam enchants for the small pieces?).
    I would love to go Shacklebreaker as 2nd set, but since no jewelry crafting is available, that's a no-go. Obviously I am trying to stack weapon damage with this setup, so maybe Dreugh King for the 2nd set and one piece each of Kena and Velidreth? The major brutality from Dreugh King would make up for a lacking skill if I chose a class without easy access to that buff. I plan on dual-wield front bar and possibly a Fire staff back bar?(regardless, I want flexibility to play at either melee range or ranged)

Hybrids are perfectly viable if you build them right. I have two different hybrid characters. Clearly they are not meant for end game vet hard mode runs etc, but as you already mention, that is not the intended use.

I have a stam/mag DPS hybrid, bow/staff. I also have a magica healer/dps hybrid, which is really just a healer speced more into damage.

I use Pelinal, Innate Axiom, Shacklebreaker, Twice Born Star (think 3k buffs to each of two stats). These sets in combination can provide some really good hybrid stats, not that far short of focused builds. You just dont get the often exciting 5th piece bonus or trial set bonuses.

I run my hybrids cos they are really good fun. Thats why we are all here right... to have fun...