The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I am curious of the cannon ending of the Alliance War?

Arandear
Arandear
✭✭✭
I Am looking to find information on the end of the Three Way Alliance War? What happens come the end? Can't seem to find much or any information on the end result.

Thanks in advance. B)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO takes place during this time period precisely because in canon very little lore survived this era and it was mostly a blank slate aside from that it was really chaotic, there were tons of short lived emperors, and not much more survived. For example, no one in later eras knows about (or isnt talking about) the Planemeld, even though the later Oblivion Crisis is basically the exact same thing.

The canon ending to the 3 Banners War is that 300 years from now Tiber Septim conquers Cyrodiil, much of Tamriel, relights the Dragonfires and starts the Septim Dynasty.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What @VaranisArano said. Basically Tiber Septim sees all the chaos and warring, steps in as the "true" emperor, and unites Tamriel under not wanting to continue endless bloody conflict, what with the conflicting factions being weakened so such as to be unable to mount much protest to this. This establishes the Septim dynasty which we know in the other TES games. Not much else is known about this, but I expect we will see at some point considering ESO takes place during this time in the lore and so puts much more emphasis on it. I am doubtful the next mainline TES game would not give us more insight on ESO's time period, if not ESO adding in some content themselves later down the road.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    My guess would be, that the 3 alliances don't even survive the next 10 years or so. They are not present in Hjalti Early-Beard's (Tiber Septim) time IIRC. So I guess the war will just transition into other conflicts with no on winning (at least for long). If one thing can be said about all the alliances, then it is that they all are highly volatile.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I personally theorize that none of the Alliance questlines are completed.

The Ebonheart Pact falls apart due to internal strife.
    The Covenant falls apart due to Emeric falling into madness.
    The Dominion falls apart due to the Veiled Heritance and Dark Mane.

And then Tamriel goes back to being in turmoil - records of the Alliance War are lost, and this will continue until the rise of Tiber Septim.
  • RealWhiteGuar
    RealWhiteGuar
    ✭✭
    The Interregnum continues until Cuhlecain gains the throne, followed by Hjalti Early-Beard, who later becomes known as Tiber Septim.
    @RealWhiteGuar | The_White_Guar
    Editor-in-chief
    The Tel Mora Independent Press

Moderator: r/teslore
    Admin: The Dreamsleeve
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on how Bethesda has ended their stories in the past, and the impact the player choice has on it. We will probably never know how the Alliance War ended.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always assumed after the Planemeld the Empire reorganized and regained control of Cyrodiil after the three Alliances battered each other silly to where there just wasn't any point anymore. It's not a Breton led Empire or a Nord and certainly not a High Elf led. Honestly, Cyrodiil would NEVER allow an Elf be Emperor.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I always assumed after the Planemeld the Empire reorganized and regained control of Cyrodiil after the three Alliances battered each other silly to where there just wasn't any point anymore. It's not a Breton led Empire or a Nord and certainly not a High Elf led. Honestly, Cyrodiil would NEVER allow an Elf be Emperor.

I have never seen any lore stating there ever was an elven emperor. I know they can not be heirs to alessia. The same with bretons being half elven.

Edited by KillsAllElves on June 9, 2019 9:34AM
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 3 factions dissolved.

Tiber septim conquers imperial city later conquers tamriel.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

I have never seen any lore stating there ever was an elven emperor. I know they can not be heirs to alessia. The same with bretons being half elven.

Empress Katariah I during the third era is said to have been a dark elf according to lore from previous TES games..... but yes it’s mostly only been human races to claim the throne of cyrodiil, exception of the potentates but we see how well they worked out...
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on how Bethesda has ended their stories in the past, and the impact the player choice has on it. We will probably never know how the Alliance War ended.
    They could end it with another dragon break that way any ending that could happen in game (if it ever does) could be considerd canon.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    They could end it with another dragon break that way any ending that could happen in game (if it ever does) could be considerd canon.

Most likely ES6 will not address the ending of the Alliance War but will likely include lore revolving around events that took place in this time period.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    601o9f5bur2n.gif
    Edited by yodased on June 20, 2019 1:15AM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that we will ever find out. If we do, it will be in some book found on the floor in the back of some dungeon in TES 6.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i’m the vestige

i get crowned Emperor

duh