The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Free name change/race change tokens dissappeared

Reiisha
Reiisha
✭✭
With the recent patch everyone was given 3 free name and race change tokens. Well, mine just up and went poof - I used one, but the next time i logged in they were simply gone.

I've poked support about this, but they tell me they can't 'issue a refund' (which isn't what i'm asking for), i just want to know a) whether i can get those tokens back and b) why they disappeared in the first place. I'm still just getting 'no' for an answer with no additional information.

The problem here isn't necessarily that i don't have the free tokens anymore, but that apparently they can just disappear without a trace. Let's just say i'm rather hesitant to buy any tokens with crowns if they can just be removed without Zenimax knowing why or how it happened....

I know they're not timed tokens. They're still there on my GF's account and others i've asked still have them, so something happened to my account to make them disappear.

190604-004289 for reference.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, @Reiisha, the free tokens were given during the Wrathstone patch (end of February) and not the Elsweyr patch. That was when the racial passive makeover took effect.

Players who started after February 2019 would not be entitled to the free tokens.

Not sure if that applies to you, but your statement about the “recent patch” is unintentionally vague ... for other forum-goers who might search on this topic in the future.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 20, 2019 12:39AM
  • Reiisha
    Reiisha
    ✭✭
    Just to clarify, @Reiisha, the free tokens were given during the Wrathstone patch (end of February) and not the Elsweyr patch. That was when the racial passive makeover took effect.

Players who started after February 2019 would not be entitled to the free tokens.

Not sure if that applies to you, but your statement about the “recent patch” is unintentionally vague ... for other forum-goers who might search on this topic in the future.

Yeah, you're right, i did get it mixed up (more time has passed than i realized).

I did get the tokens, i used one of them after that patch, but *all* of them dissappeared between then and a few weeks ago.