Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where do you go to get your information on your class builds ?

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
I know we have class reps for every class but since we were told of them I have only ever found one. Do all our class reps have written guides on builds or are some streamers that make videos.

To be 100% honest I prefer written builds instead of having to watch a vid and then forgetting half of the information. I just want to see what our reps are putting out there but I can't find them, that is a worry for me. I had a list of their names and when I trIed to look them up i found a couple of videos but nothing more.

I know Alcast, his site is amazing as Im sure most eso players know. I'd still like to see other builds done by other reps.
Edited by wishlist14 on June 18, 2019 2:59PM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On class discords.
    Oh, wait...
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice, learn the class, make your version then look up what other do. Very likely you like your version best and make only minor changes.

If you want to have meta go to alcast
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    On class discords.
    Oh, wait...

Yes but how would I find them on discord? Thanks for your reply
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google “eso sets”.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like making my own builds, but I always recommend Alcast for starting a build off and staying with the meta. I usually hop on to the ESO wikis and keep detailed notes myself outside of that, with a pinch of advice from the ESO forums (just a pinch, it's dangerous to take any more than that) and a good helping of testing in-game.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    Rake wrote: »
    On class discords.
    Oh, wait...

Yes but how would I find them on discord? Thanks for your reply

You are late. They are deleted. I think only DK one remained
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Google “eso sets”.

Hey I work in sales and deal wit customers all the time. These people will fight weather, traffic, drive long distances, deal with waits in the store (very upset at times) just to ask us a simple 30 second question that they could have easily found out for themselves.

Laziness? Stubbornness? Crazy? Who knows why they do what they do.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My brain
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You already mentioned Alcast, who for me stands out above the rest.

I also drop past Xynode sometimes. Sherman gaming and Dotz gaming worth checking out also.

I rarely use these content providers builds in their entirety, instead I take inspiration and guidance from them to help create effective builds that work for me and my play style.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You already mentioned Alcast, who for me stands out above the rest.

I also drop past Xynode sometimes. Sherman gaming and Dotz gaming worth checking out also.

I rarely use these content providers builds in their entirety, instead I take inspiration and guidance from them to help create effective builds that work for me and my play style.

The better ones contain information about why the components were chosen, and what the objectives and considerations were. I found the Deltia builds were good for that aspect, even if the results were dated, or even obsolete. Multiple sources also let you see where there is disagreement, and that helps you decide if the differences in play-style that lead to them will affect you, and your build choices.

You can build for solo comfort, and the ability to take on playing with random groups, or build for highly-tuned team play. If you're doing the last, it's the rest of the team that should be advising you, not the Alcasts.