The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

having trouble unlocking new medium armor, daggers, one handed swords to craft

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
So as my class I need medium armor and use daggers and one handed swords. but i can only craft mediocre items right now.

what is the most cost effective way to gain access to crafting new medium armors, better swords and daggers?
  • Shalizar
    Shalizar
    Soul Shriven
    @‌Nocturne Saint

You have to balance out your crafts to produce the items I believe you want. Blacksmithing is good, but you will want to do enchanting as well to be able to produce the exact type of weapon abilities you want per your char and style of play. Also, try researching some items instead of ripping them apart. This will allow you to eventually grant your wpn and armor creations inherent stats. Hope this helps. Cheers
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always check your research tab and break everything else you find down. You can very soon make armor and weapons the equal of anything you can find and most of your improvers will come from stuff you break down.
  • LadyInTheWater
    LadyInTheWater
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a crafting addict. I try to keep my research going on all my crafting skills at all times. There are a lot of quest rewards that offer items with stats. If I wind up equipping them, I make sure that I remember to use them for research when I'm done with them.

I also tend to have 2 or 3 items in my bag, sitting there prepped for when it's time to research again. I like to plan ahead.
    The moment you call someone stupid, or try to display your opinion as "fact", you lose all credibility.
  • Brennan
    Brennan
    ✭✭✭
    If I am understanding the OP correctly, he is stuck with iron daggers and rawhide armor. If that is, in fact, the case you will want to spend an SP in the first skill of both Blacksmithing and Clothing. That will get you access to creating Steel weapons and Hide armor. Those armors are good from level 16-24 at which point you will need to rank up those two skills again for Orichalac and Leather.

Hope this helps.