Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sound/Visual Delay/Some Mobs not rendering since Elsywer US server/PS4

VenDetta0910
VenDetta0910
✭✭
i know i have seen some of the other posts about this , but i wanted to start a fresh one just to lay it all out.
Every since the June 4th update to ps4 for Elsywer there has been sound delay , at times HORRIBLE , seems only to happen when re zoning or entering>exiting combat. The sound effects , as well as music during combat, will delay , roughly anywhere between 5-15 seconds after combat, all the sounds and some animations even, will all happen at once. though not constant, this happens pretty well frequently , and DID NOT happen before the June 4th update. Sometimes , you cant even see the mobs you are fighting, though you can see the DMG numbers come off of them from pre placed Aoe etc, some times they render in before they die, some times they render after. i am NOT the only person experiencing this, many of my guild mates have spoken of this in chat , and i think it best to lay out what i have done to try to remedy it to no avail.

Things i have tried to do to fix this upon reading forums previously, all the below listed HAVE NOT WORKED.
-Clearing ESO save Data from Console
-Deleting and Reinstalling Game
-Initializing ps4 (wiping ps4) and reinstalling game
-power cycle ps4
-power cycle modem and ps4
-set up port forward
-use DMZ host
-any combination of the above listed things together

none of the aforementioned things have worked , again i AM NOT the only one experiencing this, many guildmates have expressed they have too. ALSO, i have loaded up other games (that i had to reinstall after i initialized ps4 ofc) just to check if it was my ps4, IT IS NOT, Division 2 runs flawlessly, Warframe runs flawlessly, DCUO runs flawlessly (as much as DCUO can anyways lol) i tried i few others and same result, runs fine 0 issues. I would also like to note here, i have an EU char , while i live in the sates, i have friends on EU as well, so , just for giggles and whatsits, i jumped on my EU char just to see...Low and behold ... EU server, from US RUNS FINE WITH NO AUDIO DELAY OR OTHERWISE. i can only hope that the right mod sees this and forwards it to the right people. its pretty obvious through process of elimination that theres some bugs in the US server somewhere or something to that effect that must needs be looked into. I love the game, but this audio delay is maddening . the mobs missing in combat as well, though not as frequent as the audio delay, still. Sorry for the wall of text, but thought i would lay it out.
ALSO, this seems to happen in any zone , any dungeon, at random. Ty , Cheers.
Edited by VenDetta0910 on June 10, 2019 10:51PM
  • AgentSylo
    AgentSylo
    ✭✭✭
    i know i have seen some of the other posts about this , but i wanted to start a fresh one just to lay it all out.
    Every since the June 4th update to ps4 for Elsywer there has been sound delay , at times HORRIBLE , seems only to happen when re zoning or entering>exiting combat. The sound effects , as well as music during combat, will delay , roughly anywhere between 5-15 seconds after combat, all the sounds and some animations even, will all happen at once. though not constant, this happens pretty well frequently , and DID NOT happen before the June 4th update. Sometimes , you cant even see the mobs you are fighting, though you can see the DMG numbers come off of them from pre placed Aoe etc, some times they render in before they die, some times they render after. i am NOT the only person experiencing this, many of my guild mates have spoken of this in chat , and i think it best to lay out what i have done to try to remedy it to no avail.

Things i have tried to do to fix this upon reading forums previously, all the below listed HAVE NOT WORKED.
    -Clearing ESO save Data from Console
    -Deleting and Reinstalling Game
    -Initializing ps4 (wiping ps4) and reinstalling game
    -power cycle ps4
    -power cycle modem and ps4
    -set up port forward
    -use DMZ host
    -any combination of the above listed things together

none of the aforementioned things have worked , again i AM NOT the only one experiencing this, many guildmates have expressed they have too. ALSO, i have loaded up other games (that i had to reinstall after i initialized ps4 ofc) just to check if it was my ps4, IT IS NOT, Division 2 runs flawlessly, Warframe runs flawlessly, DCUO runs flawlessly (as much as DCUO can anyways lol) i tried i few others and same result, runs fine 0 issues. I would also like to note here, i have an EU char , while i live in the sates, i have friends on EU as well, so , just for giggles and whatsits, i jumped on my EU char just to see...Low and behold ... EU server, from US RUNS FINE WITH NO AUDIO DELAY OR OTHERWISE. i can only hope that the right mod sees this and forwards it to the right people. its pretty obvious through process of elimination that theres some bugs in the US server somewhere or something to that effect that must needs be looked into. I love the game, but this audio delay is maddening . the mobs missing in combat as well, though not as frequent as the audio delay, still. Sorry for the wall of text, but thought i would lay it out.
    ALSO, this seems to happen in any zone , any dungeon, at random. Ty , Cheers.

Me and my wife have (still happening now) the exact same issue/experience you're experiencing too in terms of the animations/lag/sound delay for animations/rendering enemies in dungeons, ever since the latest patch and we are from the eu playing on eu PS4.

We had also tried some of the remedies you have from reinstalling to deleting saved data profile etc but nothing had fixed the issue, and reading some of the posts here and from talking to a few guild members having the same issue then... Yeah something is up at zos end of the servers.

Would love if they could fix it or say something to acknowledge it, it's making our elsywere/eso experience not a very nice one :(

• HackTheMinotaur
    HackTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had some CRAZY lag this morning (off hours) with only one other person in the same dungeon as me. See below. I've never had it this bad playing on console. :'(

https://youtu.be/xdJrnPErOlc
  • VenDetta0910
    VenDetta0910
    ✭✭
    AgentSylo wrote: »
    Every since the June 4th update to ps4 for Elsywer there has been sound delay , at times HORRIBLE , seems only to happen when re zoning or entering>exiting combat. The sound effects , as well as music during combat, will delay

Me and my wife have (still happening now) the exact same issue/experience you're experiencing too in terms of the animations/lag/sound delay for animations/rendering enemies in dungeons, ever since the latest patch and we are from the eu playing on eu PS4.

We had also tried some of the remedies you have from reinstalling to deleting saved data profile etc but nothing had fixed the issue, and reading some of the posts here and from talking to a few guild members having the same issue then... Yeah something is up at zos end of the servers.

Would love if they could fix it or say something to acknowledge it, it's making our elsywere/eso experience not a very nice one :(

I would agree, these sound issues and visual delays have not made this DLC a very fun time at all. Its been all i can do to keep myself from contacting sony about it directly with footage as i feel the lack of acknowledgement from zos and like is a hard reality that maybe this needs be brought to the attention of the people selling theyre game. There are bugs that come with launches of dlc sure, but most devs, will acknowledge something this severe and deal with it quickly, or at least get involved with the community to get to the root of the problem so it can be fixed. Instead the most i have seen is a forum mod saying "please delete you're character save data and restart the app" , had he actually played the game on ps4 he would know that wont fix anything. Anyways all we can do now is wait. If its not fixed by the 28th, at least i have the FFXIV Dlc to play then, and should that be buggy, at least i know Square Enix will promptly acknowledge and fix it as they always do.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to echo everything that has been listed, PS4-NA, dungeons seem to be the worst, at least for my group. I main a Stam NB and I will start every fight with Endless Hail and Caltrops, the fight will be 5-10 in before any of the animations or sounds show up and usually it is all of the sounds at once, A) its a bit hard on the ears and B) is very immersion breaking and almost causes a headache (its weird running through a dungeon and not hearing anything except your feet). The lag will be unbearable at times as well, like large lags, 2-3 seconds, again not very fun at the moment.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issues here, on PS4 EU.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i have this too.
    Especially on my main its al most unplayable, it sure sucks dry any buzz felt for the new zone.

Please fix this with maintenance or whatever asap.
    I also get the impression the graphics are much more detailed maybe this is somehow related or maybe im just imagining that bc have so much time too look at the graphics rendering in slowly
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Scoot_84
    Scoot_84
    Soul Shriven
    Since this new update I have noticed that my sorc which is my main character has had audio drops. For the the most part it was bearable. But it has progressively been getting worse. The sound would go and not come back and after maybe 20 seconds I get kicked from the game and a notification pops up saying the data is corrupted. It happened just from trying to complete a pledge to being in maelstrom. As of right now the game is pretty unplayable and this issue hopefully gets looked into fairly soon.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The sound it's not synchronized but the worst of all is the time it takes to load the data.
    Most of time the loading seems it's not successful, I can't see enemies attacks/AoEs and scenarios and sounds take a lot to load: if I'm lucky they load 5 secs after the intended time.
    It's ruining my, and everybody else, gaming experience.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • VenDetta0910
    VenDetta0910
    ✭✭
    The sound it's not synchronized but the worst of all is the time it takes to load the data.
    Most of time the loading seems it's not successful, I can't see enemies attacks/AoEs and scenarios and sounds take a lot to load: if I'm lucky they load 5 secs after the intended time.
    It's ruining my, and everybody else, gaming experience.

I agree wholeheartedly. What makes it so bad is the lack of acknowledgement of this otherwise GAMEBREAKING bug from the people that matter in making sure we ENJOY the game. Sadly, this doesn't come as a suprise to me anymore. Ive already had some of my guild mates pull the "i will come back in a month or so" on me as this bug among others has pushed them back. Im on the fence myself, i already have a backup plan as FF14 Shadowbringers drops on the 28th so i will have plenty to do should Zos/Beth not handle this.Time will tell.
  • VenDetta0910
    VenDetta0910
    ✭✭
    So with all the feedback and people pleading for a fix for this gamebreaking issue in this thread and many others like it , why wasnt it adressed in todays maintenance @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA ? This game is literally bollocks right now with the audio delays and invisible mobs and such. Seriously less than halfway enjoyable. I think i speak for many when i say this is concerning. Any insight on this from you lot would be literally amazing right now, cheers.
    Edited by VenDetta0910 on June 19, 2019 5:29PM
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much worse now after maintenance, this is so frustrating and annoying trying to run dungeons. This is beyond unbelievable that they let these issues sit, look at the wayshrine lag-here since Summerset!
    Edited by SpiderKnight on July 6, 2019 4:07PM
  • knightrider1124
    knightrider1124
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. PS4 NA. SOUND LAG. INVISIBLE MOBS ATTACKING. OVERALL LAG. PLEASE FIX.
    Edited by knightrider1124 on July 6, 2019 4:04PM
  • pagipl
    pagipl
    7dks76ik7pk9.png
  • pagipl
    pagipl
    This is not simple issue in my opinion - THIS IS CRITICAL GAME ISSUE - this game for now is unplayable.
  • VenDetta0910
    VenDetta0910
    ✭✭
    pagipl wrote: »
    7dks76ik7pk9.png

"later this year".... i dont know that people are gonna put up with it that long.
  • fletchunit
    fletchunit
    ✭✭
    Its same on xbox .. unplayable.. dont get your hopes up because it wont be fixed Anytime soon, so just drop your eso plus and move on to other games . Zos doesn’t care about performance only money through new content and crown store.
  • VenDetta0910
    VenDetta0910
    ✭✭
    I almost wonder if enough people were to send gameplay footage of the invisible mobs, sound delay, blacked out characters etc to Sony/Xbox, if they would have anything to say about it as they are selling this BROKEN and near unplayable game to people. Mayhap they would prompt ZoS to fix this, or would they pull the game from the Store for a time till it was no longer a liability, all this constant crashing etc cannot be good for the Hardware.
    Edited by VenDetta0910 on July 8, 2019 5:41PM
  • wowzerss
    wowzerss
    Same exact issues. Ps4 NA. All the lag and general poor server performance ::cough Cyrodiil cough:: but they keep pumping out new content? Excuse my anger but what the ***?

I'm cancelling my ESO+ in the next month if this *** doesn't get better and I'm convincing as many people as I can to leave as well. I've spent too much real money on this. Bunch of money grabbing a$$holes.
  • pagipl
    pagipl
    Hi
    Already claim to Sony also ,that this game is unplayable now.
    We will see.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t want to downplay the problems that the players are having as listed above, but I don’t find the game unplayable, just occasional lag but frequent frame rate drops.

I am on PS4/NA, but on a PS4 Pro.

I suspect maybe those who are having worse performance are on PS4 Slim? Can you all confirm this or are you also having these problems on Pro?

I only post this to hopefully help steer the devs toward a solution.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• VenDetta0910
    VenDetta0910
    ✭✭
    I don’t want to downplay the problems that the players are having as listed above, but I don’t find the game unplayable, just occasional lag but frequent frame rate drops.

I suspect maybe those who are having worse performance are on PS4 Slim? Can you all confirm this or are you also having these problems on Pro?

I am on a ps4 slim with a samsung 860 evo ssd installed. My ps4 been recently dimantled , thoroughly professionally cleaned with fresh Arctic MX4 thermal compound put on the APU prior to reassembly. My load and render times are generally 3x faster than the lot of my pals who play eso on ps4 pro so i assure you that is not a factor whatsoever. I also play on pc, and i can tell you, its not just console. This is clearly a server sided issue, probably some infrastructure issues as well. I also play Final Fantasy 14 on both PC and PS4 and i can tell you right now...if you think for 1 second that what you are experiencing is just a "occasional lag, but frequent frame drops" , my friend i fear you dont know what it looks like to play a smooth MMORPG. Im not slamming ya by any means so please do not take it as that, not my intention. Simply just stating facts. There is a much much larger underlying problem that they need to FIRSTLY ACKNOWLEDGE, then deal with it accordingly.
    Edited by VenDetta0910 on July 10, 2019 5:59AM
  • VeryEvilPuma
    VeryEvilPuma
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox one x EU server has same problems. For a month I tried to solve it with support. But first time they answered that it’s not their problem and sent me to Microsoft, the other times they just ignored me and closed my tickets.
    So they lost two solvent people (me and my husband, he also has such issues on his console).
  • VenDetta0910
    VenDetta0910
    ✭✭
    Xbox one x EU server has same problems. For a month I tried to solve it with support. But first time they answered that it’s not their problem and sent me to Microsoft, the other times they just ignored me and closed my tickets.
    So they lost two solvent people (me and my husband, he also has such issues on his console).

I would advise, as myself and some others have done, upoload the gameplay and send it with a ticket to Microsoft/Sony etc on the premise that if either come down on ZoS they will have to fix it. Bare in mind it is Sony/Microsoft selling this and other titles to consumers and when they come to see WHAT exactly they are selling people with ESO in this state, it may, hopefully. Raise some eyebrows.
    Edited by VenDetta0910 on July 10, 2019 6:04AM
  • pagipl
    pagipl

Hi
    Before Elsywer comming was OK.
    Im on PS4 slim and PS4 Pro - same problem - confirmed already with many people from diffrent countries...
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audio combat desync is very bad for me I get it everywhere. I stopped subbing months ago.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @VenDetta0910 , respectfully I did not imply that you weren’t having problems, but to clarify what you are seeing is much worse than what I see. Conversely you cannot state that I am wrong. I’ve been playing ESO for years, and the problems started with Summerset for me with the low stuttering frame rate after fast travel. I see the broken telegraphed apes, the teleporting of killed, unlootable monsters. I’m online every day for several hours.

The point is, some people on PS4 are having serious issues and some not so much. Many of the problems are on the server end, but perhaps not all. We’d all like to get them resolved.

Perhaps it’s because I have a physical copy of ESO versus the digital version? Possibly, though I would suspect hardware differences between Slim and Pro to be more likely.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• VenDetta0910
    VenDetta0910
    ✭✭
    @VenDetta0910 , respectfully I did not imply that you weren’t having problems, but to clarify what you are seeing is much worse than what I see. Conversely you cannot state that I am wrong. I’ve been playing ESO for years, and the problems started with Summerset for me with the low stuttering frame rate after fast travel. I see the broken telegraphed apes, the teleporting of killed, unlootable monsters. I’m online every day for several hours.

The point is, some people on PS4 are having serious issues and some not so much. Many of the problems are on the server end, but perhaps not all. We’d all like to get them resolved.

Perhaps it’s because I have a physical copy of ESO versus the digital version? Possibly, though I would suspect hardware differences between Slim and Pro to be more likely.

Again..it has absolutely nothing to do with wether you are on ps4 pro or not. This is literally on them and server sided issues as stated in an aforementioned post when ZoS replied. It is a CROSS PLATFORM issue that is effecting PC as well. As i said, i play on both. And trust me, my PC will run circles around most peoples let alone a console, so again...its nothing to do with an individuals "hardware". There is talk of Zos addressimg these issues "later in the year" apparently, to that however, i say im moving onto other games and will return to eso in 6 months as im over this whole ordeal. I can find better ways to waste my time and money.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t think you can really say that there is no possible way that there could be performance differences between
    PS4 Pro and Slim related to what players are experiencing. The Pro is going to be able to handle a lot more before performance degrades compared to the Slim. I get the impression that all testing is done on PC so I don’t know what kind of effort goes into porting to PS4 and testing. If any, I suspect they don’t consider both cases.

Again, there are clearly issues on their side, which I have agreed with you, but I rarely have the audio problems that are so pervasive to others and causing some people to quit entirely. People tend to be vague and just lump everything into the “lag” category. I asked in zone chat if anyone else was having trouble getting their ultimates to work in dragon battles, and someone said it’s lag. When it doesn’t work, I immediately see the words “out of range” come up on my screen. Clearly that is not lag because it responded immediately but told me I could not do that. It seems to be related to bar swaps somehow.

I can do dragon dailies just fine (except for the near zero Pellitine motif page drop rate), but a guy in my guild gets constantly disconnected and has trouble getting credit for the quest. I’ll have to ask him what PS4 model he has to see if this supports my theory.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• VenDetta0910
    VenDetta0910
    ✭✭
    I don’t think you can really say that there is no possible way that there could be performance differences between
    PS4 Pro and Slim related to what players are experiencing. The Pro is going to be able to handle a lot more before performance degrades compared to the Slim. I get the impression that all testing is done on PC so I don’t know what kind of effort goes into porting to PS4 and testing. If any, I suspect they don’t consider both cases.

Again, there are clearly issues on their side, which I have agreed with you, but I rarely have the audio problems that are so pervasive to others and causing some people to quit entirely. People tend to be vague and just lump everything into the “lag” category. I asked in zone chat if anyone else was having trouble getting their ultimates to work in dragon battles, and someone said it’s lag. When it doesn’t work, I immediately see the words “out of range” come up on my screen. Clearly that is not lag because it responded immediately but told me I could not do that. It seems to be related to bar swaps somehow.

I can do dragon dailies just fine (except for the near zero Pellitine motif page drop rate), but a guy in my guild gets constantly disconnected and has trouble getting credit for the quest. I’ll have to ask him what PS4 model he has to see if this supports my theory.

I get it , you have a ps4 pro. Its superior to the ps4 slim....i have friends...who have pros, who have the same issues...I have friends on PC who can buy 5 ps4 pros for what their PC builds cost, as could i. POINT IS, Wether its a slim or a pro DOES NOT MATTER when the issue is NOT THE CONSOLES, NOR THE HARDWARE INSIDE, just as its NOT OUR PC'S , NOR THE HARDWARE. ESO's infrastructure is not built around every possible model of ps4, or every possible pc build ...Geez o peets. This has already been acknowledged by ZoS as a SERVER SIDED ISSUE. Im punching out on this anyways. Better things to do on FF14. I may periodically check back to see if anything gets resolved. Probably later rather than sooner.
  • fletchunit
    fletchunit
    ✭✭
    wowzerss wrote: »
    Same exact issues. Ps4 NA. All the lag and general poor server performance ::cough Cyrodiil cough:: but they keep pumping out new content? Excuse my anger but what the ***?

I'm cancelling my ESO+ in the next month if this *** doesn't get better and I'm convincing as many people as I can to leave as well. I've spent too much real money on this. Bunch of money grabbing a$$holes.

This how i feel ^
    From a console player