The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necromancer - a Stamina Perspective

RealPhoenix
RealPhoenix
✭✭✭
So you just posted a Necromancer PTS Wrapup - here.

I understand there has been a lot of incoming feedback but I really do not understand how you can ignore changes regarding the stamina scaling of necro skills in the heal tree. There is literally not a SINGLE heal ability in that tree that would scale with Stamina - even though there would be at least two perfectly valid options:

1) Spirit Mender. I can´t understand how this skill or at least one morph of it doesn´t scale with Stamina. The necro even has a passive that increases regen with a summon active - do you really want me to use the skeleton that doesn´t do ANYTHING for me besides a bit of single target damage in open world PvP? Its ridiculous that this ability doesn´t scale with both pools (giving both mag and stam classes the option to use it)
2) Mortal Coil: This skill literally restores Stamina while tethering a corpse and provides additional healing - why does this healing only scale with Magicka Stats tho?! I really hope you consider this feedback and make sure that the Stamina Necromancer gets some diversity - cause as it is right now, its just plain boring and doesn´t even come close to the magicka version.

Please consider implementing this in a future incremental patch. It doesn´t nerf mag necros, it only helps the stam ones to get some of the identity of the necro into their kit.
PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure give me your major defile on Blastbone and then maybe we could give you a bit of stam heal. Stamnecro has already all the juicy stuff to secure a kill.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcro does not need a Stam Heal. It has got more tools than any other stamclass.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A stamina heal - and more so a stamina burst heal - just will replicate the StamWarden supremacy.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My stamplar would love to have one of those fabled stam based class heals.
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fr3ak1n0ut wrote: »
    So you just posted a Necromancer PTS Wrapup - here.

I understand there has been a lot of incoming feedback but I really do not understand how you can ignore changes regarding the stamina scaling of necro skills in the heal tree. There is literally not a SINGLE heal ability in that tree that would scale with Stamina - even though there would be at least two perfectly valid options:

1) Spirit Mender. I can´t understand how this skill or at least one morph of it doesn´t scale with Stamina. The necro even has a passive that increases regen with a summon active - do you really want me to use the skeleton that doesn´t do ANYTHING for me besides a bit of single target damage in open world PvP? Its ridiculous that this ability doesn´t scale with both pools (giving both mag and stam classes the option to use it)
    2) Mortal Coil: This skill literally restores Stamina while tethering a corpse and provides additional healing - why does this healing only scale with Magicka Stats tho?! I really hope you consider this feedback and make sure that the Stamina Necromancer gets some diversity - cause as it is right now, its just plain boring and doesn´t even come close to the magicka version.

Please consider implementing this in a future incremental patch. It doesn´t nerf mag necros, it only helps the stam ones to get some of the identity of the necro into their kit.

I agree completely.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorcs/stamplars viewing this thread be like
    8d2.jpg
    Edited by HowlKimchi on May 19, 2019 7:36PM
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1800.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&overlay-align=bottom%2Cleft&overlay-width=100p&overlay-base64=L2ltZy9zdGF0aWMvb3ZlcmxheXMvdGctZGVmYXVsdC5wbmc&s=73108072b1c37edb7a9288967194e475
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

2 skill tress.

2 passives.

2 usable skills.

Stamplar.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

2 skill tress.

2 passives.

2 usable skills.

Stamplar.

This thread is not about stamplar
    PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »
    Sure give me your major defile on Blastbone and then maybe we could give you a bit of stam heal. Stamnecro has already all the juicy stuff to secure a kill.

Has nothing to do with major defile blastbone. Its about diversity of the stamina necromancer and unique feel of the class. Also, I dont think the magicka version is lacking behind in any way, offering an insane damage increase on range.
    If you think "securing a kill" is all that matters, then you probably havent played alot of pvp.
    Edited by RealPhoenix on May 19, 2019 9:18PM
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    A stamina heal - and more so a stamina burst heal - just will replicate the StamWarden supremacy.

Its not a burst heal, its heal over time. Also has nothing to do with wardens, shroom is in a completely different league for group support.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Stamcro does not need a Stam Heal. It has got more tools than any other stamclass.

Right, cause you wont die on the battlefield if you arent healing xD nice argument.

The stamina necromancer does not have alot of tools. It has blastbones, which are great - but so does the magicka version. It has the scythe, which is just useless, and it has a mediocre spammable. Comparing to magicka necro, the things it offers are just ridiculous.

This thread is not about the stamcro not being strong enough, it's about making it feel like a necromancer. I'd rather do this now than have the class end like stam sorc with no class identity at all.
    Edited by RealPhoenix on May 19, 2019 9:25PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mortal Coil is there for Magicka builds to actually get some Stamina back in PvP - hands off.

And Stamina Necromancer is already vastly superior to Magicka Necromancer for an offensive role in PvP, and as far as I can tell, don't really need more survivability boosts (especially if it comes in the form of Negate-immune Stamina-heals). It was already a bad idea to make the Warden "Spiderman Heal" scale from offensive stats, we don't need more of that. Use Vigor and/or Rally like all the other Stam builds, and be glad that you got the best offensive morphs + baseline toolkit.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Mortal Coil is there for Magicka builds to actually get some Stamina back in PvP - hands off.

And Stamina Necromancer is already vastly superior to Magicka Necromancer for an offensive role in PvP, and as far as I can tell, don't really need more survivability boosts (especially if it comes in the form of Negate-immune Stamina-heals). It was already a bad idea to make the Warden "Spiderman Heal" scale from offensive stats, we don't need more of that. Use Vigor and/or Rally like all the other Stam builds, and be glad that you got the best offensive morphs + baseline toolkit.

Sure, and it has its place as a mag skill, no question. That's why I want it to scale with both pools.
    Your suggestion to use vigor and rally "like all others" is exactly the problem. Every stam class relies on the same stuff. It's boring. Making this skill scale with stamina will in no way make stam necro op, it will just give it the option to use something else. Of course I will still slot vigor, but I might have the option to finally drop 2h and run sth else instead.

Also, changing the warden skill to scale with both pools is great. It's one of the few really cool identity skills in Eso and if that means it will be used more, im all in for it. Not sure what your problem is with that skill anyway
    Edited by RealPhoenix on May 19, 2019 9:43PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, and it has its place as a mag skill, no question. That's why I want it to scale with both pools.
    Your suggestion to use vigor and rally "like all others" is exactly the problem. Every stam class relies on the same stuff. It's boring. Making this skill scale with stamina will in no way make stam necro op, it will just give it the option to use something else. Of course I will still slot vigor, but I might have the option to finally drop 2h and run sth else instead.

Also, changing the warden skill to scale with both pools is great. It's one of the few really cool identity skills in Eso and if that means it will be used more, im all in for it. Not sure what your problem is with that skill anyway
    My problem is Stamina generally being too good when compared to Magicka, and "getting Magicka's stuff" while the reverse isn't true. Where are our bleeds? Especially the proc'd versions that don't require resources, global cooldowns, or bar space? Where is the Magicka version of Vigor? Etc...

Stam players complain that things are "bland" or "lack identity" while ignoring just how good that stuff is. Fact is, Stamina players can build a really strong PvP setup around mostly generic skills, but Magicka can't. Imagine a Magicka build in PvP getting ~80% of its skills from outside of its class - such a setup would be absolute garbage. Sure, Ward Ally + Black Rose Prison Resto Staff is strong (probably too strong), but what else is there? Are you going to die to Wall of Elements, Force Pulse, and Soul Trap? Are you going to be unable to kill someone through Regeneration, Ward Ally, and Combat Prayer?

Stamina is already, as a general rule, very strong in PvP. You don't need better self healing, and that's exactly what you're asking for. Not a replacement for Vigor that adds more distinct flavor, but something strong that works right alongside it. Doing that would likely end up with Stamina Necromancer being too strong, and getting its Magicka counterpart hit with nerfs, which is exactly what has happened with Wardens (more than once).
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree OP, but this game is flooded with magicka players that will argue to the death that stam is so OP, with no concrete proof.

Stam warden having some use in the healing tree was an amazing idea and I hoped for more stamina class heals or max stat class heal scaling.

Necromancer could use it and most definitely stamina templars.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on May 20, 2019 12:22AM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭

My problem is Stamina generally being too good when compared to Magicka, and "getting Magicka's stuff" while the reverse isn't true. Where are our bleeds? Especially the proc'd versions that don't require resources, global cooldowns, or bar space? Where is the Magicka version of Vigor? Etc...

Stam players complain that things are "bland" or "lack identity" while ignoring just how good that stuff is. Fact is, Stamina players can build a really strong PvP setup around mostly generic skills, but Magicka can't. Imagine a Magicka build in PvP getting ~80% of its skills from outside of its class - such a setup would be absolute garbage. Sure, Ward Ally + Black Rose Prison Resto Staff is strong (probably too strong), but what else is there? Are you going to die to Wall of Elements, Force Pulse, and Soul Trap? Are you going to be unable to kill someone through Regeneration, Ward Ally, and Combat Prayer?

Stamina is already, as a general rule, very strong in PvP. You don't need better self healing, and that's exactly what you're asking for. Not a replacement for Vigor that adds more distinct flavor, but something strong that works right alongside it. Doing that would likely end up with Stamina Necromancer being too strong, and getting its Magicka counterpart hit with nerfs, which is exactly what has happened with Wardens (more than once).

I generally agree with you, stamina is very strong in pvp. Let me first of all say that I'm not a strict stamina player at all, I do play alot of magicka classes too.
    But the thing you're stating is, again, exactly the problem. Sure, the stamina skillset is strong in pvp, but it's mostly the same on any class. I don't think that having braided tether scale with Stam would in any way make stamina necro insanely strong, the healing tether is situational.
    You complain about magicka not being able to build something nice with only using skills outside their class. Well, let me tell you one thing, I love that it is this way for mag classes. They actually slot the skills that make out their class, which - from my perspective - is amazing. The facts you're stating is simply due to the fact that there are 4 stam based weapon trees out there and only 2 mag based ones, and that most class based skills simply are based off magicka (which is still fine, as stam can use mag skills)
    Also, let's not start the mag is better than stam discussion or the other way around. Both are good and have its benefits in pvp.
    Last but not least, let's not argue about "mag vigor" or "stam shields", it's useless to have every spec being able to do anything. Diversity is what makes this game interesting and fun, too much streamlining will make it boring.
    Edited by RealPhoenix on May 20, 2019 7:55AM
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Has nothing to do with major defile blastbone. Its about diversity of the stamina necromancer and unique feel of the class. Also, I dont think the magicka version is lacking behind in any way, offering an insane damage increase on range.
    If you think "securing a kill" is all that matters, then you probably havent played alot of pvp.

Only problem is, that magicka build rely heavily on class skills due to lack of weapon abilities and strong guild skills. stam does not need to cut into magicka's options even more. I'd be fine with seeing more stam morphs in the future, after they give magicka more weapon skill options.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »

Only problem is, that magicka build rely heavily on class skills due to lack of weapon abilities and strong guild skills. stam does not need to cut into magicka's options even more. I'd be fine with seeing more stam morphs in the future, after they give magicka more weapon skill options.

By letting it scale with both pools, stam doesnt take anything away from magicka, it simply also benefits from a skill that is useful for both specs.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

2 skill tress.

2 passives.

2 usable skills.

Stamplar.

Okay. Let's balance Stam Necro straight down to Stamplar levels then, shall we?

Parity & balance and what not.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 skill tress.

2 passives.

2 usable skills.

Stamplar.

agreed. How come stamplar isnt on the same level as Stamcro? Where are the people that had templar CHD bonus removed off heals to "match nightblade" at now?!

#RIPplar
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, the anti-Stamina people are crawling out of the woodwork as usual. Can't give us anything nice without them crying about it being OP, unnecessary for stam to have something, whataboutism (https://www.google.com/search?q=whataboutism&oq=whataboutism&aqs=chrome..69i57.3534j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8), and any other things.

*big sigh*
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Anti_Virus
      Anti_Virus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tessitura wrote: »

By letting it scale with both pools, stam doesnt take anything away from magicka, it simply also benefits from a skill that is useful for both specs.

Nope can’t even have that, because “muh magicka option maaaane”

If anything stamina templar absolutely needs stamina healing morphs or more max stat scaling in their healing skill tree.
      It’s a damn paladin.
      Power Wealth And Influence.
    • RealPhoenix
      RealPhoenix
      ✭✭✭

2 skill tress.

2 passives.

2 usable skills.

Stamplar.

I am simply saying, if you are unsatisfied with stamplar, open a thread about it or comment on one of the ones that are already out there. This thread is not about stamplar, its about stam necro.
    • Murador178
      Murador178
      ✭✭✭✭
      Stam necro doesnt need more defense - I just would like to see the scythe spammable would do decent damage - so a non Sword and Board build would be more viable. The PvP kit of stam necro looks like another - 1 burst 1 dot + 6 buffs + heroic slash+ reverb .... --> I wont level one even so I was as Undead warcraft III player very hyped for the class.
      Edited by Murador178 on May 21, 2019 4:27PM
    • ChefZero
      ChefZero
      ✭✭✭✭
      Murador178 wrote: »
      Stam necro doesnt need more defense - I just would like to see the scythe spammable would do decent damage - so a non Sword and Board build would be more viable. The PvP kit of stam necro looks like another - 1 burst 1 dot + 6 buffs + heroic slash+ reverb .... --> I wont level one even so I was as Undead warcraft III player very hyped for the class.

They will release WC III Reforged. Good old days :)
      PC EU - DC only
    • Noblis01
      Noblis01
      ✭✭✭
      I also want a stamina healing skill. But sadly, I must go to Cyro for a few to gain Vigor.
      Maybe "they" will add a stamina heal morph for Necros in a 2021 patch.
      OK, a 2022 patch.
    • Tharonil
      Tharonil
      ✭✭✭
      I am very disappointed with spirit mender too. One stamina heal would have been great :-/
    • Masel
      Masel
      Class Representative

That's actually false, mortal coil was designed to be used by stam necros to convert magicka to stamina as additional sustain tool.

Having it scale dynamically does not hurt magicka at all, and as opposed to some opinions here, stam necro could use additional healing that does not rely on a 2h.
      PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    • Tharonil
      Tharonil
      ✭✭✭
      Masel wrote: »
      ...healing that does not rely on a 2h.

This is so sad right now. My fourth character (and fourth class) which uses vigor or rally.