Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning after 4 years away. I have a few questions about my access to some of the game's content.

Phentos
Phentos
As the title says, I am a returning player after a very long hiatus.

I currently own the base ESO:TU game on Steam, which I bought pretty much when it released on that platform. I own none of the expansions or DLC. I had to quit playing before the very first DLC was released, due to IRL issues at the time.

Now for my questions:
  1. I bought the Explorer's Pack shortly after I first purchased ESO, but apparently it no longer applies to my account in that character faction choice is dependent on race. Do I no longer have access to the Explorer's Pack? That was the main reason why I bought it in the first place, so I can use any race I want in the faction of my choice.
  2. I very much desire to play in the Vvardenfell zone with a new, fresh character which I hope would be a Warden. However Morrowind is no longer available to purchase on Steam, but on Fanatical (third party seller) I can apparently buy the base game and Morrowind itself for far less than what it would take in Crowns to purchase it and the class. Even less than the subscription price. Can I buy non-Steam ESO:TU Morrowind game keys and apply them to my account, which is also linked to Steam? At some point I will buy Elsweyr if I decide to continue playing after finishing Morrowind.
  3. It is my understanding that if I buy ESO Plus, I would gain access to Morrowind content, but would not gain access to the Warden class. If I were to buy the actual ESO Morrowind game from Fanatical, would I have access to Warden?
  4. Do I have to buy ESO Plus and/or Crowns via Steam only? Or can I also buy them on the ESO account page?

Thanks. I hope to be adventuring in ESO soon, just as soon as I can navigate the maze of the ESO game versioning.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. If you have the explorers pack there should be no reason for it to have been removed/invalidated. Might want to submit a support ticket for this one.
    2. Not sure on this sorry as I don't use Steam I can't say how game keys apply to them.
    3. In theory yes, if you apply a Morrowind game code to your account you would unlock everything that code granted. I've not seen anything from ZOS to say those keys no longer work.
    4. Again not sure I am afraid as I don't know how ESO works through Steam.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of Steam can come and answer what I can't.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Phentos
    Phentos
    Turelus wrote: »
    1. If you have the explorers pack there should be no reason for it to have been removed/invalidated. Might want to submit a support ticket for this one.
    2. Not sure on this sorry as I don't use Steam I can't say how game keys apply to them.
    3. In theory yes, if you apply a Morrowind game code to your account you would unlock everything that code granted. I've not seen anything from ZOS to say those keys no longer work.
    4. Again not sure I am afraid as I don't know how ESO works through Steam.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of Steam can come and answer what I can't.

Thanks for your answer. I will definitely start up a ticket about the Explorer's Pack no longer applying to my account.
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't waste your money on any dlcs or eso+. First check how game performance is for you, game is suffering from an all time low bad performance and bugs issues so you might regret it later if you spend too much money on it.
    Edited by LiraTaurwen on June 13, 2019 7:49AM
  • Phentos
    Phentos
    Don't waste your money on any dlcs or eso+. First check how game performance is for you, game is suffering from an all time low bad performance and bugs issues so you might regret it later if you spend too much money on it.

I've already checked by creating a new character and running around Glenumbra during peak NA server hours, then logging on my old main character and running around different areas also during peak hours. My framerate dropped a fair bit in Glenumbra, but the game was still playable. I have a "Gsync-compatible" Freesync monitor that works well with keeping my games looking smooth, and ESO wasn't any different.

I currently run a Ryzen 1700 OC'ed to 3.9Ghz, 16GB RAM, and a GTX 1080. I do plan on upgrading to the Ryzen 7 3800X next month. Game is on mostly high with shadows at medium.

A friend of mine who plays ESO regularly has a rig that's quite a bit worse than mine and they say the game runs alright in raids. Friend is running an FX 8350 OC'ed to 4.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 970.
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phentos wrote: »

I've already checked by creating a new character and running around Glenumbra during peak NA server hours, then logging on my old main character and running around different areas also during peak hours. My framerate dropped a fair bit in Glenumbra, but the game was still playable. I have a "Gsync-compatible" Freesync monitor that works well with keeping my games looking smooth, and ESO wasn't any different.

I currently run a Ryzen 1700 OC'ed to 3.9Ghz, 16GB RAM, and a GTX 1080. I do plan on upgrading to the Ryzen 7 3800X next month. Game is on mostly high with shadows at medium.

A friend of mine who plays ESO regularly has a rig that's quite a bit worse than mine and they say the game runs alright in raids. Friend is running an FX 8350 OC'ed to 4.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 970.

ohh you are on NA... its ok then, might soon go downhill like EU server but who knows. You should try pvp, dungeon finder etc those are the things that are mostly affected, if that's not what you intend to play then I guess performance doesn't matter that much.
  • Phentos
    Phentos

ohh you are on NA... its ok then, might soon go downhill like EU server but who knows. You should try pvp, dungeon finder etc those are the things that are mostly affected, if that's not what you intend to play then I guess performance doesn't matter that much.

Ah yea. I don't really intend on doing much PVP aside from however much I need to do to get certain skills.

I also forgot to mention that I have the game installed on a 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD, so hopefully hitching and loading screens will be at a minimum. I remember hitching used to be an issue when I first played ESO.
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yea. I don't really intend on doing much PVP aside from however much I need to do to get certain skills.

I also forgot to mention that I have the game installed on a 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD, so hopefully hitching and loading screens will be at a minimum. I remember hitching used to be an issue when I first played ESO.

Sorry I forgot to mention the problem is related to the server and your computer does not really make a difference.

The game is great fun though so I hope you can enjoy it :)
  • Phentos
    Phentos
    Thanks.

Anyone else willing to chime in about my original questions?

I also submitted a ticket related to Morrowind and Warden access (Questions 2 and 3 from my OP) for my account. Ticket number is 190613-006769.
    Edited by Phentos on June 13, 2019 11:36PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Phentos

Here are the answers to the two questions you asked above.

1. Can I buy non-Steam ESO:TU Morrowind game keys and apply them to my account, which is also linked to Steam?

Yes, you can activate a non-Steam Summerset, Morrowind, or Elsweyr game key on your ESO account as long as it is correctly linked to your Steam account.

2. If I were to buy the actual ESO Morrowind game from Fanatical, would I have access to Warden?

If you activate a full Morrowind game key on your ESO account, you will have access to the Warden.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post