Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

An easy fix for those who hate horses all over town and what have you.

Taaltos
Taaltos
✭✭
Not sure if this is where to put this, since there's no suggestion forum that I saw.

When in a town that's neutral to you with no mobs, just make Stamina unlimited?

There's no need for the Stamina limit when running around town from store to store or crafting area to crafting area. Once out of the town limit, put the Stamina limit back up.
Edited by Taaltos on April 12, 2014 5:29AM
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    I've not seen anyone complain about horses till now. The only time they've come close to bothering me, is if someone takes them right into a crafting area, which really doesn't tend to happen much.
  • Taaltos
    Taaltos
    ✭✭
    There was a huge thread a few days ago. Been busy and not on the forums, and the thought had just occurred to me. People were complaining about all the horses breaking immersion.
  • Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taaltos wrote: »
    There was a huge thread a few days ago. Been busy and not on the forums, and the thought had just occurred to me. People were complaining about all the horses breaking immersion.

lol of course everything for the precise immersions...

Not sure how using a horse in town impacts that but whatever, at a certain point you just have to go with it and just play the game and stop trying to think the game has to cater 100% to how you want.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on what phase you're in, it can be quite comical. I ended up in a Davon's Watch phase last night that felt more like a white horse stampede than a city. There were hundreds of them running between the bank and the crafting area.
    Thank Talos there is no collision between players!

Then i went to another phase to meet up with a friend and her phase was all quiet and peaceful with only a few players walking around.

Almost as if the game had grouped all the horses into one phase ...
    :)
    Edited by SirAndy on April 11, 2014 9:13PM
  • Taaltos
    Taaltos
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Was just a quick thought. xD
  • JohnD212
    JohnD212
    ✭✭✭
    This is the same idea I've always had for WoW. Make everyone dismount in cities and give them a temporary speed boost to run around the city. Mounts in WoW and in ESO are so annoying when everyone has one and they block everything. Won't happen but I agree..good idea.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭

IIRC, the thread was so huge because of people saying horses were fine - and people making jokes about horses.

• Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    JohnD212 wrote: »
    This is the same idea I've always had for WoW. Make everyone dismount in cities and give them a temporary speed boost to run around the city. Mounts in WoW and in ESO are so annoying when everyone has one and they block everything. Won't happen but I agree..good idea.
    I was a druid in WoW. I only used my mounts to sit on rooftops in the city and show off.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump this just for the use of the phrase "and what have you" :D
    I lyke not this quill.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Horses get a hard time sometimes, the "combat can't mount" thing for example.

Not keen on stamina regen for town zones, it could be good, but if i try to picture it in my head, it just doesn't seem to work.

I assume those people talking about breaking immersion, were referring to something like this?

mountcrafting1_zpsd86d9bd6.jpg
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ That would "easy" to fix. There is already code in place that forces players to dismount in certain spots, like the doorway to the Mournhold City Center.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 12, 2014 1:24AM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is where to put this, since there's no suggestion forum that I saw.

When in a town that's neutral to you with no mobs, just make Stamina unlimited?

There's no need for the Stamina limit when running around town from store to store or crafting area to crafting area. Once out of the town limit, put the Stamina limit back up.

But when people have horses they've fed for about 50 days for stamina, they will probably be faster than running, and will be a lot faster if you sprint on them, and as in your example we have unlimited stamina in town, we can sprint on them all the time
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ That would "easy" to fix. There is already code in place that forces players to dismount in certain spots, like the doorway to the Mournhold City Center.

In hindsight the stables could have been placed just outside the town gate.

But with me coming into a town one side and the stable right over the other side, getting thrown off entering town would ruin the immersion.

The other problem with the horse, PvP aside, is that I and other guild members I've talked to about this only ride our horses in town, when we're out in the wilderness, we are gathering, fighting etc and don't really have a need ever to ride.

I ride in town if I have to go from one side to the other and as it auto dismounts entering say the bank, people tend to ride up to the door instead of pressing H
  • Jdray
    Jdray
    ✭✭✭
    awkwarrd wrote: »
    Horses get a hard time sometimes, the "combat can't mount" thing for example.

Not keen on stamina regen for town zones, it could be good, but if i try to picture it in my head, it just doesn't seem to work.

I assume those people talking about breaking immersion, were referring to something like this?

mountcrafting1_zpsd86d9bd6.jpg

wait what armor is that!!!!

• MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    Silly things like horses on crafting tables aside. Considering the setting, horses in town adds to immersion. It doesn't take away. It may be alternate reality but it's still generally medieval, and horses going down the street in town would be commonplace.

I do agree that they should force dismounting before entering covered crafting areas..covered anything areas.
  • pitchblacky
    I think its a great idea would save time.
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    MysticAura wrote: »
    I've not seen anyone complain about horses till now. The only time they've come close to bothering me, is if someone takes them right into a crafting area, which really doesn't tend to happen much.
    I believe a new trend is in order.