The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you like to see any of Essential Housing Tools' features added to the base game?

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, precision editing, align/center tools, automatic backups, copy & paste, copy & export, save & restore, item lock & unlock, group toggling, animation, automation, enhanced item options (sound on/off), environmental options (weather, day/night cycle) or flight/freedom of movement would be an amazing feature to have added to the base game
    Already voted yes :smile:

However, I thought maybe I should add which features I use most often in case ZoS decides to pick and choose features from EHT to add.

1. Port to player non-primary houses based on @name and house name and the accompanying Favourites List. (a lot of us have a dozen or more homes and we can only set ONE to primary! Frequently discussion in guild chat will pop up and, for example, we may be talking about fireplaces - who has really good fireplaces because I am building one and could use some more inspiration, names and houses get listed and, if not for EHT, I would be unable to visit the ones that aren't currently set Primary)
    2. Selecting an item to the list and being able to exit the in-game Furniture Editor, stand wherever I want to get a good view of my item and then position it using the movement buttons. There are so many times that the "handle" on the furniture is in an awkward spot to finely place using the in-game Editor or your other furniture is blocking your view or you place your painting near the wall, then deselect and go look and there is a big gap, but when you grab the painting again it moves out of place in other directions when you want to just move it closer to the wall! EHT saves so much frustration!

Those are the top 2 features I love in EHT :smiley:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the features would be good for Zos to incorporate but I would suggest there are other addons that more directly affect active gameplay that Zos should consider first.

However, Zos has shown a reluctance to add more work to their table which is why I think they chose to stand by their early decision to abandon a fully featured UI for the base UI we have now.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, precision editing, align/center tools, automatic backups, copy & paste, copy & export, save & restore, item lock & unlock, group toggling, animation, automation, enhanced item options (sound on/off), environmental options (weather, day/night cycle) or flight/freedom of movement would be an amazing feature to have added to the base game
    Who voted no? I mean, why would you NOT want at least the editor window in game?
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Environmental options (weather, day/night cycle)
    - flight/freedom of movement
    - portals between homes

THIS
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    Portals pleeeeeeaseee.
    Especially nice would be to port to the custom area of the house. So big and diverse locations could be done when connecting few houses one with another...
    Edited by Gothrock on June 6, 2019 9:09AM
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    No
    I'm not a fan of housing, so, no. While it's a mod, everyone decides for himself if he wants it or not, if it come a part of the base game, it will be additional bugs, lags, errors etc. for everyone. No, thank you.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would especially like to see (resizable) murals added.

I get that they want to sell paintings, but murals are frame-free (so, wouldn't work everywhere) and as long as the subject matter isn't the same as the Crown Store-only Summerset paintings, or any other Crown Store-only paintings, then I can't see it would do any harm?

In an ideal world, they would also show the texture of the surface they were painted on, through the paint.

So, if they were placed on stone, you would still see the lines and textures of the stone and mortar and if they were placed on wooden panelling, you would still see the texture and joins of the wood.

Oh and (resizable) water and earth, so you could fill pots and troughs etc. and avoid gaps around plants.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 6, 2019 10:25AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of housing, so, no. While it's a mod, everyone decides for himself if he wants it or not, if it come a part of the base game, it will be additional bugs, lags, errors etc. for everyone. No, thank you.

If you're not a fan of housing, this is not really a question for you to answer.

Housing is already an established part of the game, so it should be made as good as possible.

Just like any other established part of the game should.

What if I said I wasn't a fan of trials and so I didn't want them to do things they could do to make them better?

Wouldn't you think I was being selfish?