Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't progress past door in bright moons, warm sands (Elsweyr tutorial quest)

Empu
Empu
✭✭
As per title of the post;

I'm unable to continue past the door once you've enterted the catacombs in the tutorial quest.
I've tried reloging, restarting the game, reloadui, turning off addons and the stuck option, i was told in customer support email to delete the quest and restart it, but it's not possible with the tutorial quests.

I started playing and had to go afk as i entered the first catacomb room from outdoors, and when i came back i was booted due to inactivity and this issue has been apparent since.

Re-Rolling is not an option as i spent Crowns to get skyshards unlocked.

Please help!
  • Banegrivm
    Banegrivm
    ✭✭
    This just happened to me too. It's VERY annoying! Of course, now this means that I can't play. This is very irritating.
    Banegrivm Shadowblight
    Sovereign Lord of the 1st Fist of Light
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you start an Online Support ticket for something as serious as this.

ZOS generally does not respond to forum threads ... though in this case maybe a friendly forums mod might be able to help.
  • Empu
    Empu
    ✭✭

ZOS generally does not respond to forum threads ... though in this case maybe a friendly forums mod might be able to help.

I started a ticket about 20 hours ago now, still waiting for an agent, I'm not sure how long support ticket times typically are but hope it can be resolved soon.

I played through the tutorial on another character and there's a skeleton that spawns that you're supposed to stealth kill that never shows up on my magicka necro character.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, though not always, it helps to post your ticket # on the forum post. It definitely helps to respond to whatever email Customer Support sends you, especially if their solution does not fix the problem. I like to reply with "Thank you, but doing X did not solve my problem. My problem is Y and Z."
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I started a ticket about 20 hours ago now, still waiting for an agent, I'm not sure how long support ticket times typically are but hope it can be resolved soon.

I played through the tutorial on another character and there's a skeleton that spawns that you're supposed to stealth kill that never shows up on my magicka necro character.

Anything game breaking, you could be waiting weeks even months, crownstore or things like that, instant responses and fixes.

Thats generally how it works.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @empu0323b16_ESO

I've located your support ticket and sent you a private message with an update on its status.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Empu
    Empu
    ✭✭
    Captains blog 2019-05-22; "Today while waiting for my agent to bring news regarding my necromancer, I decided to do all my surveys that have been pilling up. After what feels like a decade i decided to take a break, I feel like i was losing my sanity. Luckily, my friend brought me along to do some undaunted dungeon runs to take my mind off this recent setback. I pray i can see my necromancer again soon. Captain signing off for tonight."
  • Empu
    Empu
    ✭✭
    On day 3 now without any help, i'm still stuck and can not progress.

support ticket: 190520-005185
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guildmate reported the same issue last night.

This one does not know if they were able to resolve it. Using stuck did not help as they just ended up in a wall somewhere rather than a wayshrine.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Empu
    Empu
    ✭✭
    A guildmate reported the same issue last night.

This one does not know if they were able to resolve it. Using stuck did not help as they just ended up in a wall somewhere rather than a wayshrine.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Stuck moved me back into a building at an earlier Point, however all NPC's are missing, including the skeleton that i'm supposed to sneak attack to continue in the catacombs.
  • Empu
    Empu
    ✭✭
    I just got an answer: "At this time customer support does not have any actions we can take so I will close the ticket, but If you have any further questions or concerns about anything we support please feel free to contact us back. We would be more than happy to further assist you with your matter!"

What about my Crowns i spent ?!

This has honestly been the worst Customer support i've ever had to deal with. How can i get in Contact with a supervisor ?
    Edited by Empu on May 23, 2019 9:52PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Empu

You can respond back on your ticket #190520-005185 to re-open it and inquire about the crowns you've already spent.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kertaw
    Kertaw
    Soul Shriven
    If it helps, I got the same bug recently and I used the /stuck command in that chamber and it teleported me into the next one and I could continue the tutorial quest per normal.
  • Shaie
    Shaie
    ✭✭✭
    When you use the /stuck option & are ported back one room, is it the same room in which you picked up the quest? If not, are you able to go further back, to the place where you originally picked up the quest? If so, try abandoning the quest & see if you can pick it up again.

Another option might be to ask a friend or guildie to roll a baby & group with you. Once that person gets to the part of the quest that you are on, you can travel inside with him/her & help kill his/her skelly. That ~should~ also grant you quest completion & you can continue on.

If neither of those work, reopen your ticket & emphasize that you spent crowns to unlock skill points for THAT character & you are now completely unable to advance your character past that part of the quest - hopefully they will actually help you out at that point.
  • Empu
    Empu
    ✭✭
    Shaie wrote: »
    When you use the /stuck option & are ported back one room, is it the same room in which you picked up the quest? If not, are you able to go further back, to the place where you originally picked up the quest? If so, try abandoning the quest & see if you can pick it up again.

Another option might be to ask a friend or guildie to roll a baby & group with you. Once that person gets to the part of the quest that you are on, you can travel inside with him/her & help kill his/her skelly. That ~should~ also grant you quest completion & you can continue on.

If neither of those work, reopen your ticket & emphasize that you spent crowns to unlock skill points for THAT character & you are now completely unable to advance your character past that part of the quest - hopefully they will actually help you out at that point.

I was given my "one-time" refund of Crowns, so i deleted the character and remade a new one. However, i mentioned in my original post in this thread that the quest is not possible to delete - i mentioned this several times in the ticket i made as well, and everyone seems to miss this fact. I know you're trying to help, just a curious thing i noticed.