Campaign Scoring change?

EliteWarrior
EliteWarrior
✭✭✭
Hey everyone, after updating last night I played Cyrodiil for a couple hours, and noticed that all 3 factions were on 100+ score, secondly, when DC got both of the AD scrolls, they didn't seem to make much of a difference. Has the scoring for keeps been buffed?

If so, what do you think of this? Personally I think that this is nice for scoring, and balances things out a little.
PC | EU
Main: Stam DK
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't try it but like I said in the Vivec thread (RIP Vivec), the system of point should be reworked completely to be scalled with the server population, night and morning/afternoon have less population and should not have more influence in term of points than prime-time.
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that last night also. Not sure how things are scored now.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Campaign scoring did get a slight change where Keeps are worth 5 points compared to 1 for everything else except Scrolls which are 10 points.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The campaigns are sadly won by night capping. That is an real issue in cyrodiil to say at least.

There are several ways to prevent that and hopefully there is some progress made in that area of the game.

* Lock out the 3 home keeps when population becomes too unbalanced.
    * Make major buffs to the guards defending scroll temples and increase number of them.
    * Points gained should toned down when the population drops too low for the "winning side". Also points gained during nightime and mornings should have similar adjustments.

...etc etc etc...and there is other solid ways to go about this but too tired to type longer list. Touche that none of these are introduced atm.
    Edited by Miswar on June 3, 2019 3:02PM
  • Orpheaus
    Orpheaus
    ✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    The campaigns are sadly won by night capping. That is an real issue in cyrodiil to say at least.

There are several ways to prevent that and hopefully there is some progress made in that area of the game.

* Make major buffs to the guards defending scroll temples and increase number of them.
    * Points gained should toned down when the population drops too low for the "winning side". Also points gained during nightime and mornings should have similar adjustments.

...etc etc etc...and there is other solid ways to go about this but too tired to type longer list. Touche that none of these are introduced atm.

I hate pvdoor nightcapping as much as the anyone. But population based scoring checks are the way to go. It's unfair to punish Oceanic players impact simply because they can't play during NA primetimes. However, a population based scoring check to ensure a locked faction isn't mopping two 1bar factions, I could get behind that.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »

I do believe that Campaign Score & Potential Points should be based on population & population Difference.
    So if you night / morning cap and you have 2 - 3 bars of population and the enemy faction's keep you take has 1 bar, and you are effectively Playing against NPC only (doing PvE stuff to win PvP campaign) you should get significantly less potential points for that.

How about this:

- The game "remembers" what was the population of your faction and the enemy faction when objective has been captured.
    - Based on that the game gives certain penalties if the populations were drastically different (for example 10 times less points if you have full locked population and enemy has 1 bar). So you would have to take 10 enemy objectives in order to get 1 point if your faction has dramatic population advantage.
    - Only way to reset this would be to lose taken objective and re-take it when populations are more or less equal.
    - This would not applay to your "native" keeps, recurses, scrolls, outposts, towns etc.
    - AP for capturing objectives would remain the same.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 3, 2019 4:17PM
  • Turgonah
    Turgonah
    ✭✭✭
    Campaign scoring did get a slight change where Keeps are worth 5 points compared to 1 for everything else except Scrolls which are 10 points.

Ay up Master Wheeler can you do something about this deluge of lag on EU Server's please ?

….and this new devilry...the enchanted wep pure overkill needs looking at as well.

Regards
    PC EU PvP Alt-o-holic and Legendary-randomer-loner since Beta.

Classified