The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Just put it in the Crown Store already

Oreyn_Bearclaw
Oreyn_Bearclaw
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Of course, like most stuff in this game, I think guild lines should be account wide, but the thought of grinding this psijic line one more time makes me want to throw things at other things.

Carry on.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then why roll so many characters?

Seriously, if you only play games in order to hit "endgame" with maxed characters, then there are other more suitable games that allow you to start with a maxed character. If on the other hand you roll additional characters in a RPG in order to try out different things like classes and builds etc then there's zero need to complete everything on them until you reach the point of deciding that they're the real thing.

However, guild lines are coming to the Crown Store so all you need is a little patience, and a willingness not to complain about the price when it's announced. Be careful what you wish for.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Seriously, if you only play games in order to hit "endgame" with maxed characters, then there are other more suitable games that allow you to start with a maxed character. If on the other hand you roll additional characters in a RPG in order to try out different things like classes and builds etc then there's zero need to complete everything on them until you reach the point of deciding that they're the real thing.

However, guild lines are coming to the Crown Store so all you need is a little patience, and a willingness not to complain about the price when it's announced. Be careful what you wish for.

I am not one to complain about price, as I have one of those things called a job. Haha.

If I didn’t make multiple characters, I would still be trying to trial DPS on my mag DK, which frankly isn’t realistic.

I enjoy variety in my play styles. I enjoy not having an inventory crunch. I enjoy not having to worry about gold or materials (writs). I also very much enjoy questing in this game.

What I don’t particularly enjoy is doing an extremely grindy and repetitive quest for mandatory skills for the 6th or 7th time.

In real life, time is money. That quest takes approximately 5 hours mindless gameplay and load screens. Even at minimum wage, I could buy 6-7k crowns in that time. I could also generate probably close to a million gold in that time, which would buy 5-7k crowns. Bring it on.
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wooo, 9 star plus message chain.
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 31, 2019 7:49PM
    Options
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fallen 10-star sounding off...

Just adding my voice to the chorus. Add vigor & caltrops to the crown store as well.

Having to grind PVP for essential PVE skills is just bad for the game in every way.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

@Aliyavana
    Ha! What does it take for 10 stars? I feel like I have been at 9 forever. I find it hilarious that you can spend an hour giving a very detailed response to a question and get 2 agrees, but when you make a smart ass comment at 2am, you get like 50. :smile:
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to buy Emperor in the Crown Store.
    Lethal zergling
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aliyavana
    Ha! What does it take for 10 stars? I feel like I have been at 9 forever. I find it hilarious that you can spend an hour giving a very detailed response to a question and get 2 agrees, but when you make a smart ass comment at 2am, you get like 50. :smile:

you need to put the points on farm
    Options
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not one to complain about price, as I have one of those things called a job. Haha.

If I didn’t make multiple characters, I would still be trying to trial DPS on my mag DK, which frankly isn’t realistic.

I enjoy variety in my play styles. I enjoy not having an inventory crunch. I enjoy not having to worry about gold or materials (writs). I also very much enjoy questing in this game.

What I don’t particularly enjoy is doing an extremely grindy and repetitive quest for mandatory skills for the 6th or 7th time.

In real life, time is money. That quest takes approximately 5 hours mindless gameplay and load screens. Even at minimum wage, I could buy 6-7k crowns in that time. I could also generate probably close to a million gold in that time, which would buy 5-7k crowns. Bring it on.

You can grind the psyjic order from 0 to 10 in only 5 hours?! For real?
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i think leveling the mages guild skill line is a bigger pain in the ass...it would be nice if you could get it in the store or lets say, once you have done the mages guild skill line, every other character gets a double xp bonus for collecting lore books that it is faster...
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's how the true forum endgame works. Sh*tposting and memes are the name of the game. You'll get your shiny tenth star in 120 more reactions though so nearly there.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mariusghost84. I want to say the last time I did it, it took me like 4 hours and 55 minutes. The Map Pins addon is REALLY helpful. I also recommended the Beam Me Up addon. Not only does it sound cool, but it makes porting much faster. Finally, I make sure to put on some gear that gets me to the speed cap, even on my magic characters (not like you really need to kill anything tough).
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, I'd rather run the Annual Psijic Order Scavenger Hunt than do mind-numbing circles around Alikr Dolmens or run around looking for a bunch of books.
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add max level characters to the crown store.

Thx.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard they were going to put 11th forum star in the crown store. :D
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i think leveling the mages guild skill line is a bigger pain in the ass...it would be nice if you could get it in the store or lets say, once you have done the mages guild skill line, every other character gets a double xp bonus for collecting lore books that it is faster...

@Nemesis7884

The difference, for me at least, is that I tend to clear my alliance zones of skyshards and books while I level, so that one never seems like as much of a chore. Also, I seem to be using mage guild skills less and less these days. But they can certainly throw that in the CS while they are at it.

The psijic line is just a straight grind (like it literally couldnt be grindier if they tried). You dont really accomplish much else while it's happening, other than watching netflix.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on May 31, 2019 8:25PM
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just adding my voice to the chorus. Add vigor & caltrops to the crown store as well.

Having to grind PVP for essential PVE skills is just bad for the game in every way.

Great Idea. And put Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood skills in

And just put all the sets of gear in the store.

Let's just buy the BIS instead of all this needless "earning" it nonsense

Did that sound sarcastic?

Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing about the Mages Guild is that it was introduced before 1 Tamriel, when the idea was that you did each zone bit by bit and at the end you were up around 10 levels.

And while you did that, you also collected all the books on that level, so your Mages Guild skill line advanced at roughly the same pace. And that seemed to sort of fit in an RP, lore and gameplay sense.

Now you can level up in many different ways, some of which don't necessarily give you access to the Mages Guild books, so tracking them down becomes a totally separate experience and is simply another steppen-fetchit exercise.

But even that pales into insignificance compare to the unadulterated tedium of the Psijic Order quest line. It seems almost designed, not to provide player enjoyment, but to create a new revenue stream by allowing players to pay to avoid it.

Every time I have to do it, I kind of hope a developer somewhere feels my pain. Only magnified a bazillion times.

But I'm against the whole Pay to Advance thing, whether it's sky shards or other things. They're the thin end of the wedge that will introduce Pay to Win.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The minute the crown store sells Anything that TRULY affects combat this becomes a pay to win game

You do Not put Any skills up for sale - Especially if those skills are in high demand.

Zos understands this, unlike many other games I have played.

Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How many crowns does it take to unlock developer cheat codes so I can be invincible?
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

The minute the crown store sells Anything that TRULY affects combat this becomes a pay to win game

You do Not put Any skills up for sale - Especially if those skills are in high demand.

Zos understands this, unlike many other games I have played.

Not sure I totally agree. P2W is certainly a subjective term, but how is this anything more than a convenience (especially if there is a requirement like skyshards, that you have done it at least once)? It takes absolutely no skill to acquire these, it would merely be a time saver/convenience. In other words, exactly what they said the CS is for.

To me P2W is not a binary issue. They second they allowed crown gifting (i.e. allowing cash to gold conversion), ESO was on the P2W spectrum. At this point, as long as they keep hard to acquire gear or exclusive abilities out of the CS, I am not really too worried about it. The shark they jumped is already in the rear view.
    Options
  • BrooksP
    BrooksP
    ✭✭✭
    The game is already P2W, it's just people keep moving the goalposts on what P2W actually is. Anything that impacts gameplay that is bought with $$ is P2W, pay for convenience is a poor excuse to try and justify not calling it what it really is.
    Options
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I already wrote in an other thread regarding a "Sell it through the Crown-Store" matter...

If ZOS is wise and cautious enough they will wait until the whole matter about the "Anti-loot box bill" will be resolved… Especially since the bill not only includes a passage about prohibiting Loot-Boxes and P2W Microtranscations but also a passage which clearly states a definition for what Loot-Boxes (p. 11 of the bill) and Pay2Win Microtransactions (p. 7 of the bill) are…

Excerpt from the "Definition Pay-2-Win Microtransaction" part:
    ""
    ….

(7) PAY-TO-WIN MICROTRANSACTION

(A) IN GENERAL

— The term ‘‘pay-to-win microtransaction’’ means an add-on transaction to a interactive digital entertainment product that—

(i) with respect to an interactive digital entertainment product that, from the perspective of a reasonable user of the product, is a game offering a scoring system, a set of goals to achieve, a set of rewards, or a sense of interactive progression
    through the product’s content including but not limited to narrative progression—

(I) eases a user’s progression through content otherwise available within the game without the purchase of such transaction;

(II) assists a user in accomplishing an achievement within the game that can otherwise be accomplished without the urchase of such transaction;

""

If that bill would pass as it is P2W microtransactions would be prohibited and according to the definition that would also include everything which "eases a user's progression through content otherwise available within the game"... For ZOS that would mean that selling Skyshards (as it is now atm) or selling Skilllines (as ZOS wants to in the future) in ESO would be illegal and prohibited..!

So... I wouldn't get my hopes up and also wouldn't ask for anything atm..! Because if I were in the position of ZOS I wouldn't waste any time on something which has a quite good chance of becoming prohibited and therefore something I would need to remove from the game again...

Best regards
    Shadow

Sources:

Polygon
    It Gets Worse for EA & ESA as Anti Loot Box Bill Gains Bipartisan Support
    Kotaku
    Options
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mariusghost84. I want to say the last time I did it, it took me like 4 hours and 55 minutes. The Map Pins addon is REALLY helpful. I also recommended the Beam Me Up addon. Not only does it sound cool, but it makes porting much faster. Finally, I make sure to put on some gear that gets me to the speed cap, even on my magic characters (not like you really need to kill anything tough).

Wow thats far faster than i thought it would take. On my Main it took me months, but i was playing on and off. Im gonna check out that addon. I have many Alts and gjetting then up to speed with this skilline is a goal of mine. Thank you! @Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Edited by Mariusghost84 on June 1, 2019 6:19AM
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Undaunted grind for PVP is a million times worse. You can get vigor in like 2 hours.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What mandatory skills? I don't use any.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ever collected Mages Guild books on console? THAT is a nightmare. Psijic is really tame in comparison. Regardless, certain achievements like these should be account-wide. No need for P2W crown store when the game performs as badly as it does.
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did mages WITHOUT addons. ZoS Ban ADDONS that help make it TOO EASY. It isn't AS INTENDED from the developer and part of the immersion of the game to have them painted all over you map.
    Options
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    selling Skilllines (as ZOS wants to in the future)

ZoS already has skill-lines in the crown store, Werewolf and vampire skill-lines
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do it in chunks. 1 zone on one character, then I go do something else. I couldn't possible sit 5 hours and just do that. Eventually I will get all the characters that need it. I wish the developers would focus more time on fun things and less time on grindy things, but that is probably a standard MMO thing that I am supposed to just accept.

I agree that it is a PITA to grind, but then so is Mages guild. At least it is not as bad as the thieves guild and dark brother hood (imagine if you could only do one quest a day), but then at least those are completely optional.

At least you don't have to get 16 VR levels anymore. :smile:
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, like most stuff in this game, I think guild lines should be account wide, but the thought of grinding this psijic line one more time makes me want to throw things at other things.

Carry on.

That sounds like something Farvyn would ask for.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options