The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just put it in the Crown Store already

• CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    I did mages WITHOUT addons. ZoS Ban ADDONS that help make it TOO EASY. It isn't AS INTENDED from the developer and part of the immersion of the game to have them painted all over you map.

I take it you play on console?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • ryzen_gamer_gal
    ryzen_gamer_gal
    ✭✭✭✭
    i havent done psijic skill line even one time. it's tedious and there are allready so many tedious things in this game. like, trying to get the gear you want when everyone and their cousin is looking for mothers sorrow and/or treasure hunter or some other gear. All those resource maps i collected from the last event i am choking on (but yet still grateful to have). The psijic skill line can bite my butt. Instead i made a hybrid dps/healer out of a templar khajiit. (Take that alcashq) I love my magplar hybrid for dungeons, even vet ones. After i burn trough the magicka, i switch to my backbar and use my shock staff to do more dps while i recharge and heal. Also, i dont care if you dont like it. :P
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard they were going to put 11th forum star in the crown store. :D
    This made me laugh a bit
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't stop wondering at what point it's no longer even a game anymore.
  • Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    I can't stop wondering at what point it's no longer even a game anymore.

When it's a GSWRP (Gambling Sim with Roleplay)?

More and more items, and shortcuts, are being added. I wonder what the Cash Shop will have in 5 years time.

People will still buy. Others will say they are not going to support their model, but still shell out twice their subscription value on items. Some will ignore the Cash Shop altogether. And, some will just get tired of the game's monetization and migrate elsewhere.

They keep pushing the envelope, and it works. The only thing you can do is make a personal decision, and stick to it.
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    I do it in chunks. 1 zone on one character, then I go do something else. I couldn't possible sit 5 hours and just do that. Eventually I will get all the characters that need it. I wish the developers would focus more time on fun things and less time on grindy things, but that is probably a standard MMO thing that I am supposed to just accept.

I agree that it is a PITA to grind, but then so is Mages guild. At least it is not as bad as the thieves guild and dark brother hood (imagine if you could only do one quest a day), but then at least those are completely optional.

At least you don't have to get 16 VR levels anymore. :smile:

I collect the things during the psijic - books, shards, surveys etc
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Undaunted grind for PVP is a million times worse. You can get vigor in like 2 hours.

As someone that sucks at PvP in all games (PvE-only player here), I completely disagree with your subjective experience.
    In my subjective experience, the idea of grinding PvP over 15ish characters for War Horn or Vigor/Caltrops where needed is a nightmare to me compared to maxing Undaunted gradually and slowly using my toons for daily pledges/undaunted quests.

I'm okay with them adding all the extra skill lines as buyable to the Crown Store if they follow Skyshard rules for em.
    So long as you have done the time and effort to max out the skill line with one character, then i'm fine with allowing the rest to purchase em. I'd struggle through PvP with at least one character for the chance to purchase the skills for the rest.
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on June 1, 2019 5:30PM
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted grind for PVP is a million times worse. You can get vigor in like 2 hours.

As someone that sucks at PvP in all games (PvE-only player here), I completely disagree with your subjective experience.
    In my subjective experience, the idea of grinding PvP over 15ish characters for War Horn or Vigor/Caltrops where needed is a nightmare to me compared to maxing Undaunted gradually and slowly using my toons for daily pledges/undaunted quests.

I'm okay with them adding all the extra skill lines as buyable to the Crown Store if they follow Skyshard rules for em.
    So long as you have done the time and effort to max out the skill line with one character, then i'm fine with allowing the rest to purchase em. I'd struggle through PvP with at least one character for the chance to purchase the skills for the rest.

You can get vigor in 2 hours, even if you are not great at PVP. Do Battlegrounds, and keep doing them until you get Vigor. I find as a low level (like 15) it is much faster than earning Vigor/War Horn in Cyrodiil. Now, I quit doing them once I get War Horn/Vigor, because I'm really - well, lets just say I'm not the best at Battlegrounds.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    honestly i think leveling the mages guild skill line is a bigger pain in the ass...it would be nice if you could get it in the store or lets say, once you have done the mages guild skill line, every other character gets a double xp bonus for collecting lore books that it is faster...

The minute the crown store sells Anything that TRULY affects combat this becomes a pay to win game

You do Not put Any skills up for sale - Especially if those skills are in high demand.

Zos understands this, unlike many other games I have played.

Selling skyshards isn't selling skills?

I'm always low on skyshards/points, but I have plenty of skills 'leveled' but unmorphed with lil plus signs waiting to be clicked on
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Then why roll so many characters?

Seriously, if you only play games in order to hit "endgame" with maxed characters, then there are other more suitable games that allow you to start with a maxed character. If on the other hand you roll additional characters in a RPG in order to try out different things like classes and builds etc then there's zero need to complete everything on them until you reach the point of deciding that they're the real thing.

However, guild lines are coming to the Crown Store so all you need is a little patience, and a willingness not to complain about the price when it's announced. Be careful what you wish for.

I am not one to complain about price, as I have one of those things called a job. Haha.

If I didn’t make multiple characters, I would still be trying to trial DPS on my mag DK, which frankly isn’t realistic.

I enjoy variety in my play styles. I enjoy not having an inventory crunch. I enjoy not having to worry about gold or materials (writs). I also very much enjoy questing in this game.

What I don’t particularly enjoy is doing an extremely grindy and repetitive quest for mandatory skills for the 6th or 7th time.

In real life, time is money. That quest takes approximately 5 hours mindless gameplay and load screens. Even at minimum wage, I could buy 6-7k crowns in that time. I could also generate probably close to a million gold in that time, which would buy 5-7k crowns. Bring it on.

You can grind the psyjic order from 0 to 10 in only 5 hours?! For real?

@Mariusghost84. I want to say the last time I did it, it took me like 4 hours and 55 minutes. The Map Pins addon is REALLY helpful. I also recommended the Beam Me Up addon. Not only does it sound cool, but it makes porting much faster. Finally, I make sure to put on some gear that gets me to the speed cap, even on my magic characters (not like you really need to kill anything tough).

Wow thats far faster than i thought it would take. On my Main it took me months, but i was playing on and off. Im gonna check out that addon. I have many Alts and gjetting then up to speed with this skilline is a goal of mine. Thank you! @Oreyn_Bearclaw

Once you have the add-on, the only thing that slows you down is not resisting the urge to harvest nodes along the way.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally a topic that I can’t white knight on behalf of ZOS.

Kudos to you, @Oreyn_Bearclaw ...
  • Cerra
    Cerra
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    honestly i think leveling the mages guild skill line is a bigger pain in the ass...it would be nice if you could get it in the store or lets say, once you have done the mages guild skill line, every other character gets a double xp bonus for collecting lore books that it is faster...

The minute the crown store sells Anything that TRULY affects combat this becomes a pay to win game

You do Not put Any skills up for sale - Especially if those skills are in high demand.

Zos understands this, unlike many other games I have played.

Which is why Vampire and Werewolf skill lines are not in the store.

err...
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, if you only play games in order to hit "endgame" with maxed characters, then there are other more suitable games that allow you to start with a maxed character. If on the other hand you roll additional characters in a RPG in order to try out different things like classes and builds etc then there's zero need to complete everything on them until you reach the point of deciding that they're the real thing.

However, guild lines are coming to the Crown Store so all you need is a little patience, and a willingness not to complain about the price when it's announced. Be careful what you wish for.

Or you know, just let us buy it with gold? Not everything has to be a micro transaction
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, like most stuff in this game, I think guild lines should be account wide, but the thought of grinding this psijic line one more time makes me want to throw things at other things.

Carry on.

Agreed. Once you do it once, it is unlocked for purchase through the Crown Store for any other character under the same account.

I do not see this as Pay to Win, as long as you are required to unlock it by doing it once on one character before the option to buy it in the Crown Store is available.

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    I did mages WITHOUT addons. ZoS Ban ADDONS that help make it TOO EASY. It isn't AS INTENDED from the developer and part of the immersion of the game to have them painted all over you map.

They stuck this “QoL” addition in the store to rip off console users because they know players find the gathering tedious and instead of enabling an addon-like, QoL improvement to show previously acquired skyshards, they make you pay for it. Same as they’ll do with Mage’s Guild skill lines
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Psijic isn't half as bad as people make it. Undaunted > Fighters > Mages > Psijic.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Psijic isn't half as bad as people make it. Undaunted > Fighters > Mages > Psijic.

From a straight grind perspective, mages guild is similar to Psijic as it’s basically a giant retrieval quest that has you run all over Tamriel, but I think it’s better because it makes me get skyshards and unlock the map. It’s also not linear, which doesn’t make it feel nearly as grindy.

My fighters guild is always maxed by the time I hit 50, but at this point, I mostly grind my toons which levels FG. Undaunted I level by playing a game I enjoy so, not much of an issue for me. Vamp is also easy to passively level. Quest takes 5-10 minutes. Werewolf I actually haven’t leveled in a long while so I don’t know what it takes these days.

The psijic quest is almost like a cruel joke. Do this, now do it again, and again, here is something different, no back to the first thing, now do it all over, FML.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    What I don’t particularly enjoy is doing an extremely grindy and repetitive quest for mandatory skills for the 6th or 7th time.

What mandatory skills? I don't use any.

I suppose mandatory is a strong word, but it is the BIS spammable for certain DPS builds, and it’s also the best option for minor force in a lot of scenarios. There are also some very strong skills if you PvP.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crown store should be nothing but mounts, costumes and potions. Maybe some furniture but nothing else. Oh and more character slots. But aside from mounts, costumes, potions, furniture and character slots definitely nothing else.

And maybe pets.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    wooo, 9 star plus message chain.

Ha! What does it take for 10 stars? I feel like I have been at 9 forever. I find it hilarious that you can spend an hour giving a very detailed response to a question and get 2 agrees, but when you make a smart ass comment at 2am, you get like 50. :smile:

That's how the true forum endgame works. Sh*tposting and memes are the name of the game. You'll get your shiny tenth star in 120 more reactions though so nearly there.

Bonus points when you slip cuss words through that solid filter.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that bill would pass as it is P2W microtransactions would be prohibited and according to the definition that would also include everything which "eases a user's progression through content otherwise available within the game"... For ZOS that would mean that selling Skyshards (as it is now atm) or selling Skilllines (as ZOS wants to in the future) in ESO would be illegal and prohibited..!
    Did you miss the part about that bill applying to games that target children? ESO, being rated "M", would be exempt from this bill. The lootboxes will continue.
    Lethal zergling
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hell yeah that's my motto "Just put it on the crown store already.." while I make $1 dollar bills rain from the ceiling.
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, like most stuff in this game, I think guild lines should be account wide, but the thought of grinding this psijic line one more time makes me want to throw things at other things.

Carry on.

Jesus, you people wont be happy until you can just buy a fully leveled, Skilled and equpied Character from the crown store...
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah. God forbid any one want to play all the classes or make specific character archetypes or use all the races. I cant stand people who tell others not to make alts.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well Assault 10 is 1,158,000 alliance points. So you'd have to level at least one toon up to that as opposed to Assualt 5 which is only 98,000 per toon.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol i leveled it once and it was so...awful. not doing it again unless there is a more fun way haha
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnviOfVai wrote: »
    Lol i leveled it once and it was so...awful. not doing it again unless there is a more fun way haha

LMAO. I am about to embark on number 7. It is so bad.

But apparently a mildly frustrated and sardonic post makes entitled or something. :smiley:
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fallen 10-star sounding off...

Just adding my voice to the chorus. Add vigor & caltrops to the crown store as well.

Having to grind PVP for essential PVE skills is just bad for the game in every way.

Not even that, less. It’s only like 90k ap. Can just casually play bgs and do the dailies.

• Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone cries about psijic and mages guild but theyre significantly more accessible than fighters guild and undaunted.

get map pins addon, throw on a youtube video somewhere or at the very least some good music and off you go.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Carry on.

Jesus, you people wont be happy until you can just buy a fully leveled, Skilled and equpied Character from the crown store...

I mean, I'd pay $150 for that tbh.