The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Where is the horse boostR?!?!?!?!?

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn’t be any kind of functional boosters in the store

It should be Play to progress, not Pay to progress
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biscuit wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Honestly I tried making an alt a few days ago, just to see how bad it would be. Got to level 14 before the realization set on me about how much investment would be needed. Ended up deleting it. Oh well I've pretty much accepted that ZoS is catering to a specific group of players who aren't me. Best thing I can do is suck it up, move on, and gain some kind of solace in knowing at least money is being gained from this group that I can benefit from in the long term (funding chapters and dlc etc)

Many players who do not want to deal with a slow mount and do not want to pay for mount speed roll the character and just feed it every day until mount speed is where they want it.

It makes sense and I can vouch for how well that works since I have done that with about 10 characters. Works so much better than deleting the character.

It's obvious you know nothing about the game. You may have 10 chars, but you still don't get the main focus of the game, which is exploring and questing, the thing you do 90% of the time and most of your ingame time you spend on horse to get around. Free horse boost or more boost per day would be really good for the game for that reason. In fact horse upgrade should be global account-wide because you already spend gold once for it and so you already own that upgrade, just like how outfit system is account wide.

I have also been playing this game since closed beta. When exploring/questing, I rarely get on my horse. What's the point? I just dismount a few seconds later to pick up mats, or open a chest, or talk to someone, or grab a lorebook. By spending "most of your ingame time" on a horse, you miss a lot of stuff while exploring.

Sure, there are instances where having horse stats maxed are beneficial (rushing through the psijic quest for another character, speeding past mobs like in the beginning of Hel Ra, and most importantly Cyrodiil) but it is absolutely not essential to playing regular overland to just explore and immerse yourself in the world.

I do something similar to idk; I create a character and play them when I'm in the mood and since I explore on foot, it's not problematic to not have my horse maxed. On days I play a different character, I still log in on everyone for mount training (and writs). And if that doesn't work for you, well, that's what the crown lessons are for (I'm not seeing how it's any different than skyshards tbh which are also broken up and have to be purchased piecemeal - you don't/can't get all of them in one purchase).
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I tried making an alt a few days ago, just to see how bad it would be. Got to level 14 before the realization set on me about how much investment would be needed. Ended up deleting it. Oh well I've pretty much accepted that ZoS is catering to a specific group of players who aren't me. Best thing I can do is suck it up, move on, and gain some kind of solace in knowing at least money is being gained from this group that I can benefit from in the long term (funding chapters and dlc etc)

Many players who do not want to deal with a slow mount and do not want to pay for mount speed roll the character and just feed it every day until mount speed is where they want it.

It makes sense and I can vouch for how well that works since I have done that with about 10 characters. Works so much better than deleting the character.

It's obvious you know nothing about the game. You may have 10 chars, but you still don't get the main focus of the game, which is exploring and questing, the thing you do 90% of the time and most of your ingame time you spend on horse to get around. Free horse boost or more boost per day would be really good for the game for that reason. In fact horse upgrade should be global account-wide because you already spend gold once for it and so you already own that upgrade, just like how outfit system is account wide.

Finally someone that tells the truth and completely understood the topic of this thread. Horse Boostr upgrade is just unfair, I think everyone can agree on that, both those who don't wanna spend time and gold on it and those who just accept it as it is

Nope, sorry. Can't agree. Everyone starts at the same level. If you want to "Boostr" your skills, you have the option of using "free" in-game gold to buy the riding skill increases. You have the option of using real money to buy crowns to buy riding skill increases. If you can't be bothered to do either, then perhaps this isn't the game for you. About the only area that needs mounts is Cyrodiil. Every other zone, if I bother to use a mount, I end up dismounting about every 10 steps to pick flowers and mine nodes for mats. I just made two new characters, I'll get to the third one this weekend. On the other 21 characters I have between two accounts, I've found all the skyshards except Cyrodiil. For my new characters? I'm still going to go pick up the shards while exploring, buy inventory upgrades with gold that new character earns, and get riding skills every day.

The riding skills aren't "global". They are specific to that character. All the people saying the riding skills should be account wide would have *hated* the original mount system. You could only have one horse at first. There was a speed horse; the beginning stat was higher for speed. There was an inventory horse, with that stat starting higher. There was the stamina horse, with that stat starting higher. You could buy additional mount slots at the stablemaster's. If you wanted a fast horse for Cyrodiil, an inventory horse for farming mats, and a stamina horse for pvp or something, you had to buy three separate horses. You had to feed your horse every day; depending on whether you wanted speed, or stamina, or inventory you had a specific food. Divines help you if you fed the wrong food, because there was no way to reset that, and you lost that stat point. You had to buy a horse for speed, then feed only the apples. You had to feed hay for stamina. If you wanted inventory you had to feed oats. You could max out only one of the stats.
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

I have also been playing this game since closed beta. When exploring/questing, I rarely get on my horse. What's the point? I just dismount a few seconds later to pick up mats, or open a chest, or talk to someone, or grab a lorebook. By spending "most of your ingame time" on a horse, you miss a lot of stuff while exploring.

Sure, there are instances where having horse stats maxed are beneficial (rushing through the psijic quest for another character, speeding past mobs like in the beginning of Hel Ra, and most importantly Cyrodiil) but it is absolutely not essential to playing regular overland to just explore and immerse yourself in the world.

I do something similar to idk; I create a character and play them when I'm in the mood and since I explore on foot, it's not problematic to not have my horse maxed. On days I play a different character, I still log in on everyone for mount training (and writs). And if that doesn't work for you, well, that's what the crown lessons are for (I'm not seeing how it's any different than skyshards tbh which are also broken up and have to be purchased piecemeal - you don't/can't get all of them in one purchase).

Grinding mats ≠ exploring / questing.
    It's not only about exploring tho, horse stats are the essence of this game....
    "h*es" stay quirky, I stay unemployed

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of baiting, as well as nonconstructive posts, we must ask that all posts be kept civil and constructive. As a friendly reminder, baiting is in fact a violation of the rules that we have in place. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please do feel free to view them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post