The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Having A Tough Time Deciding on a Main for PvP - Magplar, Magblade, or Magsorc

Ceejaae
Ceejaae
Soul Shriven
I was hoping this community could weigh in and perhaps provide some insight that might help me finally make a decision!

There's a few things that I value. The first is how 'fun' the playstyle of the most viable builds are. Obviously this is subjective but I'd still like hearing opinions from those of you who have played each of these classes in pvp substantially as to why you find a particular build/class to be more fun than others... your reasoning may or may not resonate with me.

The second is 1vX potential. Whenever I play an MMO (or any other game for that matter) I tend to gravitate towards classes that can pull of 'cool stuff', classes that have 'outplay potential', and really just those that have a skill cap that's on the higher end (not because I think I'm amazing and will always reach that skill cap but because classes with a higher skill cap tend to keep me interested longer, give me something to strive for, and don't feel like they get 'stale' or boring as quick as lower skill cap classes). Tbh, part of what drew me to this game was the cool 1vX videos I'd see on youtube… I want to be capable of doing that... so if one of these classes cannot then I have to rule it out.

The third would be build variety. If I play X class in PvP am I more or less locked into this ONE build, using these same talents, same weapons, etc without much wiggle room (assuming I still want to be successful)? This is one of the things that concerns me about Magsorc… just about every video I see of a magsorc they tend to have the same build give or take a talent or two. It seems they all revolve around some combo that aims to line up frag, curse, and execute while taking advantage of their plethora of shields to bide time until the next combo can be done. Some sorcs will use Meteor, some use Dawnbreaker, some use Atronoch but apart from that they all seem too similar. I'm also not interested in pet builds so I guess Sorc is currently at the bottom of my options... Though I will say that I do like their mobility, I do like their combat options (using streak offensively or defensively for example), and burst.

Templar would seem to fit the bill for my 'third' (build variety), as I've seen a ton of different builds and some would also argue that I'd have the option to go healer or tank as well... I'm not interested in doing that though, I just plan on playing dps. I haven't quite seen a build for magplar that absolutely thrills me or checks all the boxes though... I'm not quite sure what sort of 'outplay potential' they might have (in my head I try comparing them to a magsorc in this regard and they just don't seem to stack up). Most of the builds I see have backbars that seem very boring to me (as in, not a single back bar skill feels fun to use), and I'm worried about the prospect of getting put on the defensive and not being able to get off of that backbar. All that being said, somehow I keep getting drawn back to my Magplar as it was my first to 50 and I do have fun with it. The build I was going to try next is the "Godplar" build that Kristofereso put up on YouTube.

Finally comes the Magblade. I've done quite a bit of reading into this class. Everyone says it is the hardest to get value out of, will take a lot more practice to do well with, etc, etc. In addition to that... I find their skills to be aesthetically boring, they all look very similar, and don't have the same sort of feel that Sorcs or Templars have. For these reasons and more I didn't want to like Magblade… but alas... I do. The tools they have are fun and allow for some tricky plays (shade, cloak, etc), they have mobility even apart from shade/cloak on skills like lotus fan which teleport you to your target, and all-in-all, they just seem to have a lot of potential. That being said, what worries me is the number of people who tell me they are currently weak, they can't do a lot of dmg anymore, their bow ability is hard to generate and easy to avoid, they 'rely' on cloak to stay alive and are very squishy/easy to kill, they can't do much for their group in Cyrodiil/group pvp other than pick off stragglers or people in the backline, etc, etc.. I've only been playing this game for a couple of months now so idk how much of this is true.

Thank you for anyone who actually reads through this and attempts to help me make a decision... I would really like to dive into this game headfirst after beginning a couple months ago but I feel I can't quite do that until I finally commit to a class and since I plan to primarily PvP, my decision will be based on PvP alone. Once I decide I'll look into purchasing/grinding for a proper gear set and pvping over and over and over to improve and learn the game.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ceejaae wrote: »
    Finally comes the Magblade. I've done quite a bit of reading into this class. Everyone says it is the hardest to get value out of, will take a lot more practice to do well with, etc, etc. In addition to that... I find their skills to be aesthetically boring, they all look very similar, and don't have the same sort of feel that Sorcs or Templars have. For these reasons and more I didn't want to like Magblade… but alas... I do. The tools they have are fun and allow for some tricky plays (shade, cloak, etc), they have mobility even apart from shade/cloak on skills like lotus fan which teleport you to your target, and all-in-all, they just seem to have a lot of potential. That being said, what worries me is the number of people who tell me they are currently weak, they can't do a lot of dmg anymore, their bow ability is hard to generate and easy to avoid, they 'rely' on cloak to stay alive and are very squishy/easy to kill, they can't do much for their group in Cyrodiil/group pvp other than pick off stragglers or people in the backline, etc, etc.. I've only been playing this game for a couple of months now so idk how much of this is true.

I can only comment on this part. Sadly its mostly true. If you go full glass canon the damage a magblade can do is quite excellent but also very predictable. You are forced to use a flame staff to get the most out of this playstyle. However anyone with a character build well enough to survive your main burst rotation (heavy attack into flame reach into light attack into swallow soul into killer's blade) you are mostly powerless against.
    Magblades have excellent 'evasive' survivability thanks too pretty much limitless use of cloak and very nice mobility while you are cloaked. However when cloak is hard-countered you die in 2 seconds.Also while you are cloaked you don't actually do any damage, so in for example specific battlegrounds where you are forced to play very defensively you end up with a very low team contribution due to being cloaked so much.

Weakness of the spec is terrible survivability without cloak. No self-heals other than some weak hots tied to your damage (and a cloak morph that takes away the most advantageous skill of the class), no damage shields. So you are forced to either use the fairly crappy light armor damageshield, or a restoration staff. Shade teleport seems nice on paper but due to its short duration is often not available when you need it. The reworked 'bow ability' Merciless Resolve, well some people like it. I have always hated the skill and don't use it myself. You have to keep track of the duation, hit with enough light attacks (quite hard in pvp), and the bow finale is easily avoided.

Melee magblade is pretty much dead unfortunately. Damage is too low, melee weapons don't scale with magicka/spellpower and survivability is too bad to stick around in melee. Apparently some people are making a magblade brawler build without cloak work, but I have no idea how.

Overall when you compare traditional flame staff with light armor magblade to typical melee/bow medium armor stamblade, you get a tiny bit more ranged burst as a magblade, more use of cloak, but far less overall survivability and staying power.
  • Ceejaae
    Ceejaae
    Soul Shriven
    LordTareq wrote: »

I can only comment on this part. Sadly its mostly true. If you go full glass canon the damage a magblade can do is quite excellent but also very predictable. You are forced to use a flame staff to get the most out of this playstyle. However anyone with a character build well enough to survive your main burst rotation (heavy attack into flame reach into light attack into swallow soul into killer's blade) you are mostly powerless against.
    Magblades have excellent 'evasive' survivability thanks too pretty much limitless use of cloak and very nice mobility while you are cloaked. However when cloak is hard-countered you die in 2 seconds.Also while you are cloaked you don't actually do any damage, so in for example specific battlegrounds where you are forced to play very defensively you end up with a very low team contribution due to being cloaked so much.

Weakness of the spec is terrible survivability without cloak. No self-heals other than some weak hots tied to your damage (and a cloak morph that takes away the most advantageous skill of the class), no damage shields. So you are forced to either use the fairly crappy light armor damageshield, or a restoration staff. Shade teleport seems nice on paper but due to its short duration is often not available when you need it. The reworked 'bow ability' Merciless Resolve, well some people like it. I have always hated the skill and don't use it myself. You have to keep track of the duation, hit with enough light attacks (quite hard in pvp), and the bow finale is easily avoided.

Melee magblade is pretty much dead unfortunately. Damage is too low, melee weapons don't scale with magicka/spellpower and survivability is too bad to stick around in melee. Apparently some people are making a magblade brawler build without cloak work, but I have no idea how.

Overall when you compare traditional flame staff with light armor magblade to typical melee/bow medium armor stamblade, you get a tiny bit more ranged burst as a magblade, more use of cloak, but far less overall survivability and staying power.

Hey thanks for the response regarding the Magblade! Though it is a bummer to hear all of that, though I suppose it does help narrow down my search but not in the way I had hoped :/
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade is in a better spot this patch than it's been. Plus you can bomb :)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d say magblade. Sounds like everything you want: build diversity, skilled play, escape abilities with wow factor.

You could also try templar. There is nowhere near as much variety, but there is some. Templars are limited by less burst then other ranged classes (sorc) and no escape tool, so always require a certain amount of tankiness.

Sorcs I agree have the least variety in how I see them being played, some lean more towards healing but that’s it.

I don’t know if you have access to necro, but would say they have almost as much variety as magblade, they’re similar to templar in that they aren’t well suited to pure damage builds.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 30, 2019 3:54AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade for effectiveness and your style though I absolutely agree about your opinion of them.

I wanna say necro just because it's new lol

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade main for life! Very versatile class. It's not weak at all. Don't listen to the people who say that. It is quite a bit harder to play than the magplar and magsorc though. Magsorc is easiest to get into and is probably the easiest of the three to 1vX with. You are pretty limited with build diversity though. Magplar is the least flashy of the 3 imo but build variety is there. It's also probably harder to 1vX with.

This would be my ranking based on my opinions
    61477053_835853980147132_7632500499555549184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl17-1.fna&oh=5c8108a0c40489844acfdb8afd1f8697&oe=5D59DE65
    Edited by HowlKimchi on May 30, 2019 5:44AM
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping this community could weigh in and perhaps provide some insight that might help me finally make a decision!

There's a few things that I value. The first is how 'fun' the playstyle of the most viable builds are. Obviously this is subjective but I'd still like hearing opinions from those of you who have played each of these classes in pvp substantially as to why you find a particular build/class to be more fun than others... your reasoning may or may not resonate with me.

go sorc. Lord Tareq allready gave u a pretty accurate description of the situation. magblade and magtemplar are both viable choices as healers at high mmr bg but if it comes to group utility templar beats ur both other choices while if it comes to 1 vs x sorc beats the other two. sorcs are currently at the top of the foodchain(as they were allmost forever in eso).

strong burst, good escape, good for 1 vs x, its strong in bg becouse of its usefullness in group situation. u can also type in forums weakest classes 2019 or strongest classes 2019 to furthermore gain opinions about this matter.

u can watch alcast videos to decide about ur class if u still cant decide. hes very good in bg. he also have magplar and magblade videos. in the following video hes not even using the meta which is petsorc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wd_PnShGcg&t=38s

Edited by Noctus on May 30, 2019 8:59AM
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO a lot of the discussions on magblades is a bit out of date for this patch.
    With the release of Elsweyr magblades are a whole lot less squishy and the bow proc is vastly more reliable thanks to recent changes.
    Melee magblade has been freed from using melee weapons and can do destro/resto with RAT or Phantasmal Escape which is a biggish buff weirdly enough.

Also there are some cool options for magsorc. RIP Overload ganking but there's still a cool Overload build. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/450820/video-dual-wield-mag-sorc-is-back-murkmire-outnumbered-pvp
    There are probably more neat off-meta builds out there it just is that the meta build is pretty dang good. IMO the meta sorc build is the best overall solo spec this patch.
    Yes, the full combo has been the same since maybe 2015-16 whenever Inevitable Detonation got nerfed and wasn't viable against single targets. There's some interesting flexibility with partial combos and the second 8 second explosion on Haunting Curse.

RIP Dark Flare magplar ganks. Don't know enough about them otherwise and my only templars are for some reason on alliances I rarely play... and now are locked out on most campaigns...
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade.

People will complain about how hard the class is to manage at first... but it’s the funnest spec I’ve played and I have one of every class mag and Stam. (Not yet necro).

You have to be preemptive, quick and dedicate to kills. Your survivability has different options... invis cloak or a hot cloak with added mitigation. You will need to tinker a bit to find your sweet spot.

Procing the bow and lining up combos will keep you interested and the huge numbers when you do will keep you happy.

You can play stand up, invis, gank, Bomber.

This patch you have the option of going full dot build with dumb pressure or traditional burst setup. You can also throw on an array of proc sets that synergies well with the spec.

You get to kite and juke people with shade... “cool plays”

Yup.
  • Ceejaae
    Ceejaae
    Soul Shriven
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Magblade.

People will complain about how hard the class is to manage at first... but it’s the funnest spec I’ve played and I have one of every class mag and Stam. (Not yet necro).

You have to be preemptive, quick and dedicate to kills. Your survivability has different options... invis cloak or a hot cloak with added mitigation. You will need to tinker a bit to find your sweet spot.

Procing the bow and lining up combos will keep you interested and the huge numbers when you do will keep you happy.

This patch you have the option of going full dot build with dumb pressure or traditional burst setup. You can also throw on an array of proc sets that synergies well with the spec.

Yup.

Wow thank you (and everyone else) for your response! Magblade is definitely looking like the premier option now! I guess my question is... how 'tanky' can you be on one? Someone else responded saying that they are quite a bit more tanky in Elsweyr than in previous patches, but why? What makes them more tanky now than before? Can they survive 2 or 3 people on them at once and still land a kill... and how would they go about doing so? What abilities would you use for this type of play? Also any tips on a suggested build/playstyle would be greatly appreciated :) Also, are there multiple options in terms of usable Ults for a 1vX magblade? I see most builds use two Nightblade ults, do any builds incorporate maybe the Psijic ult or Meteor or Dawnbreaker or are you more or less better off always just using the two nightblade ults?

Interestingly enough, Sorc became more intriguing and Magplar became less intriguing from this thread. Magplars not being able to escape (though I feel like their mobility isn't too bad with explosive/toppling charge and slotting RAT), not being as bursty, and not being as flashy in the way they go about their kills, along with being harder to 1vX on... makes them lose ground to Sorc in my eyes but I must say, Magblade is currently ahead of Sorc. Hoping to finalize a decision by the time I get home to play tonight.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magplar main since console launch, Ide have to agree that magblade is the best for your situation. Cloak is the best ability in the game for 1vX and with the changes to lotus fan, I feel melee magblade might be alot better this patch. If you are wanting the most versatile class thou, Magplar hands down. You can tank, heal, or dps in PvP simply with changing gear/CP/mundus stone/etc. The problem with magplar in PvP is the time to kill is miles lower then Sorc or Blade...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade.

Yup.

Wow thank you (and everyone else) for your response! Magblade is definitely looking like the premier option now! I guess my question is... how 'tanky' can you be on one? Someone else responded saying that they are quite a bit more tanky in Elsweyr than in previous patches, but why? What makes them more tanky now than before? Can they survive 2 or 3 people on them at once and still land a kill... and how would they go about doing so? What abilities would you use for this type of play? Also any tips on a suggested build/playstyle would be greatly appreciated :) Also, are there multiple options in terms of usable Ults for a 1vX magblade? I see most builds use two Nightblade ults, do any builds incorporate maybe the Psijic ult or Meteor or Dawnbreaker or are you more or less better off always just using the two nightblade ults?

Interestingly enough, Sorc became more intriguing and Magplar became less intriguing from this thread. Magplars not being able to escape (though I feel like their mobility isn't too bad with explosive/toppling charge and slotting RAT), not being as bursty, and not being as flashy in the way they go about their kills, along with being harder to 1vX on... makes them lose ground to Sorc in my eyes but I must say, Magblade is currently ahead of Sorc. Hoping to finalize a decision by the time I get home to play tonight.

magplars usually use vamp skill line to escape + their strong heals make it hard to finish em when their on the run.

look as someone whos more experienced than the average forum user in pvp i advice u not to underestimate magplars they belong to the prefered high mmr classes in battlegrounds.

templars and wardens are by far my favorite teammates in bg but if u wanna have fun in open world u probably rather pick sorc for 1vsx or nightblade (if u like the hit and run playstyle)

u might underestimate how important a good burstheal in ur build is. one does not simply walk into bg without a selfheal. thats why the shadow pet of the nightblade is so important since there is no burst heal the teleportation to escape the fight is something very much needed in a good build.

this is my last advice to you let us know how u decided ;)
    Edited by Noctus on May 30, 2019 3:10PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade.

Yup.

New merciless stacks up 15% mitigation. 3% per light attack stack. Huge change. Plus there is a heal attached to the proc as well. (Still not huge).

Dark cloak (if you go stand up) has a full 8 second hot now as well as 8 seconds of minor protection. Weaker hot but more uptime and less reactive than before, plus more mitigation uptime.

Still need additional heals from another source or some built in health recovery.

Psyjic ult is nice backbar- not as bursty as soul siphon but mitigation if you take the invis morph. Precog if you want to use it as a Stam broke get away option from stand up.

Harness magicka a must Slot.

You sound most interested in a 1vX build so that’s the info I’m tailoring to. Invis cloak might be easier to start for that as well.
    Edited by Insco851 on May 30, 2019 3:07PM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    As a magplar main since console launch, Ide have to agree that magblade is the best for your situation. Cloak is the best ability in the game for 1vX and with the changes to lotus fan, I feel melee magblade might be alot better this patch. If you are wanting the most versatile class thou, Magplar hands down. You can tank, heal, or dps in PvP simply with changing gear/CP/mundus stone/etc. The problem with magplar in PvP is the time to kill is miles lower then Sorc or Blade...

Yep this.

Also, OP, the Templar build you linked seems to be more of an AOE zerg build but that's up to you - I doubt that's effective in most situations especially with the way he's playing it and the static nature of his targets in the video.

Every Templar back bar is almost identical because it has to be, that's just what comes with the class and trying to move away from it won't really give you the best results imo.

Templar build diversity is a weird one for me because whilst there are many DPS builds, it feels like it stems from the fact that we don't have as much as everyone else and it's much harder to assess what's the best of the bunch - If that makes any sense.
    I.E. Most classes have sets that just work all round for them and are heavily used - I would say Templars don't have any real *standout* sets so that's why I think we see so much diversity - In that respect, I don't see it as a great thing but as an eye opener of the troubles and thought that goes into being successful on Templar.

I want to see more of my class but if I was you I'd go either of the other for DPS and mobility.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know I’ve only done a couple BGs since the patch and went back in today. Were sorcs buffed this patch, they seem a little stronger then pre-patch?
    Edited by Iskiab on May 30, 2019 6:13PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pew pew pew
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has 1 of each class, I think I enjoy Magplar the most. It synergizes with some non class skills really well, namely bats, soul assault, mist. You can spec single target or AOE and still deal decent damage with minimal drawbacks to play style. You can be tanky without needing to really spec into it. And the healing is off the charts. Plus, the execute is pretty solid, and undodgeable. If you want to swap to a gank build, you have all of the tools for it. And if you want to bomb with it, I've seen some incredibly built magplar bombers.

Imo opinion, it also has some of the best group utility. Back barring Nova and dropping it on a breach, flag, or other chokepoint, can be devastating with an ally hitting the synergy.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You'll never be bad with magsorc. Magblade has way to many ups and downs. Magplar gets left in the dust a lot
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I spend months away from my Magsorc - I come back and pick it back up for easy kills and great survivability. It gets boring fast.

I spend everyday on my MagNB and I work just as hard for the first kill of the day as I do the last. As an underused class and a true underdog in most fights, I feel more satisfied playing this class than any other when I can overcome others.

My Magplar is just a troll support build so the desire to play it comes and goes but I never feel like I "have to". I could try something more focused on killing but I'd probably go back to my MagNB.

My advice: Try all 3.
    Edited by brandonv516 on May 30, 2019 6:41PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

Been a Magplar since beta. I have a Magsorc and a Magblade but I almost never play them.

The absolute best thing about Magplar’s is that you can use your imagination to become a B+ student at anything, often at the exact same time without changing anything aside from your bar swap.

My set up involves Grace of the Ancients pumping my magic through the roof (I can get above 50k magic easily with room to spare if I feel like it) and nothing more than willpower and Julianos. It’s quite basic but every effective for what I want.

Long story short, if you are creative, there is no single class you can do more with than Magplar, but you’ll have to work at it. Magplars are the easiest to learn but the hardest to master, while Sorcs are the easiest to master.

Lastly, on a side note, people attribute too many non-sorc skills to just sorcs. You do not need to be a sorc to stack shields. I’m not and I have 3 of them (Light Armor, Resto and Psijiic) ready at all times. And then you can DPS with a destro staff.
  • Ceejaae
    Ceejaae
    Soul Shriven
    I spend months away from my Magsorc - I come back and pick it back up for easy kills and great survivability. It gets boring fast.

That's what I'm afraid of. I can see it getting very repetitive very fast and thus become very stale.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's what I'm afraid of. I can see it getting very repetitive very fast and thus become very stale.

Probably, but it is stronger. I’d say between 1/4 to half of battlegrounds are sorcs and that’s the reason. Easily the strongest pvp class.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 30, 2019 9:56PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Probably, but it is stronger. I’d say between 1/4 to half of battlegrounds are sorcs and that’s the reason. Easily the strongest pvp class.

Sorc is a good class and I enjoy playing it but don’t base a class because of how many kills people get in bgs specially since most of those kills are stolen
  • Ceejaae
    Ceejaae
    Soul Shriven

I don't doubt that but I have never based my decision to play a particular class solely on how strong it is (hence the criteria I mentioned in my initial post). Its an extreme example but would you play a class that had one ability, but that ability immediately one-shot anyone regardless of their gear, class, skill, etc as soon as you pressed it? Probably not... at least not after you had your 'fun' for 10 minutes and started getting bored to death. Again... a bit extreme, but it helps show how a classe's strength is far from being the sole determiner of someone's decision to play it.

I just need a class to be viable, have 1vX capability, be able to survive 1v3 if played well and with an ideal gear/skill setup, be capable of 'outplaying' opponents, have some variety in terms of the builds/setups it can realistically run so it doesn't get stale... and if 2-3 classes can do all of these things then I pick the one that is the most fun.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't doubt that but I have never based my decision to play a particular class solely on how strong it is (hence the criteria I mentioned in my initial post). Its an extreme example but would you play a class that had one ability, but that ability immediately one-shot anyone regardless of their gear, class, skill, etc as soon as you pressed it? Probably not... at least not after you had your 'fun' for 10 minutes and started getting bored to death. Again... a bit extreme, but it helps show how a classe's strength is far from being the sole determiner of someone's decision to play it.

I just need a class to be viable, have 1vX capability, be able to survive 1v3 if played well and with an ideal gear/skill setup, be capable of 'outplaying' opponents, have some variety in terms of the builds/setups it can realistically run so it doesn't get stale... and if 2-3 classes can do all of these things then I pick the one that is the most fun.

That's why NB. Sorc has a few different build options, but practically all DDs boil down to pet vs non pet build. Even then the difference really is just the pets.

NB has way more variety in terms of bar differences and why it is probably the most suggested class for you
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

go sorc. Lord Tareq allready gave u a pretty accurate description of the situation. magblade and magtemplar are both viable choices as healers at high mmr bg but if it comes to group utility templar beats ur both other choices while if it comes to 1 vs x sorc beats the other two. sorcs are currently at the top of the foodchain(as they were allmost forever in eso).

strong burst, good escape, good for 1 vs x, its strong in bg becouse of its usefullness in group situation. u can also type in forums weakest classes 2019 or strongest classes 2019 to furthermore gain opinions about this matter.

u can watch alcast videos to decide about ur class if u still cant decide. hes very good in bg. he also have magplar and magblade videos. in the following video hes not even using the meta which is petsorc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wd_PnShGcg&t=38s

careful here he uses group support and buffs its not a good solo build at all!
  • Ceejaae
    Ceejaae
    Soul Shriven

That's why NB. Sorc has a few different build options, but practically all DDs boil down to pet vs non pet build. Even then the difference really is just the pets.

NB has way more variety in terms of bar differences and why it is probably the most suggested class for you

Are there any solid builds that utilize perhaps a SnB backbar instead of the resto backbar, or non-class ultimates? Is there any reason to go Vampire or just stay normal? I believe I will be committing on the NB tonight.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Are there any solid builds that utilize perhaps a SnB backbar instead of the resto backbar, or non-class ultimates? Is there any reason to go Vampire or just stay normal? I believe I will be committing on the NB tonight.

You could go S&B but Dark Cloak would likely be a better option when choosing a morph. I understand that you are trying to avoid class ultimates but Soul Siphon makes an excellent self/group burst heal without that Resto staff.

In my opinion, vampire is even less useful now with the two snare immunity tools NBs have access to (Race Against Time and new Blur).
    Edited by brandonv516 on May 31, 2019 12:44AM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S&B back bar is fine on mnb. (S&b ulti probably not the best defensive ult however)

As is Ice Staff (use mag to block instead)

Preference is resto for heavy attack recovery- AND instant proc backbar berserker glyph. (Still would use soul siphon or undo morph)
    Edited by Insco851 on May 31, 2019 3:44PM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    What race is best for mag nb