Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To the faction hoppers, I'm sorry...

Marcus684
Marcus684
✭✭✭✭✭
I think I understand now. Those of you that like to faction hop are often in the upper tiers of pvpers. You were good enough, ground out the right gear, practiced your combos, and figured out how to win enough to be noticed by the better players in the other factions, "gf you should roll an AD (or DC or EP) so we can farm zerglings together lmao". So you did, and had lots of fun with your new cross-faction friends winning 2vX, 3vX, WhatevervX fights against the unwashed masses of terribad players of all factions, racking up huge piles of EoC rewards and AP. Who cares who's emp, or who's leading the campaign, or who has scrolls? You don't need the buffs as you kite around a resource tower killing zergling after zergling until your fingers cramped, laughing in voice chat having a blast, or running the walls of Glade wiping the same 30 pugs over and over again. Good times...

Along comes ZOS and says, "Nope, those days are over." Now most of your friends are either stuck behind a faction lock wall, or decided this was the last straw and quit the game. Now all you have left is to scrape together the few of your friends left and hop onto the unlocked campaign, which is currently a ghost town most of the time, or solo on the locked campaign, which is also poorly populated most of the time. I get it. it sucks when something you loved is taken from you.

Now you have 2 choices, adapt or quit. Given enough evidence or backlash ZOS may reverse faction locks, but given their track record this won't happen soon, if ever. Some of you prefer no-cp, and now can't fight in no-cp with cross-faction friends, and have the toughest choice now. Everyone else has an easy option, the 7-day unlocked cp campaign. Yes, it's dead most of the time. This may be because of the release of Elsweyr. Cyrodiil has dropped dramatically in population every time a major expansion has been released. Maybe it'll come back after a few weeks, maybe not. Wait it out and see, or not.

Or keep making post after post in the forums complaining about it. The forum is the REAL endgame content, after all.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the winning side.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a shame that they made their online game less social, It’s a lot harder to play with good people from across the game.

Ah well, the murder party must go on, there’s still bads to kill. I’ll just have to settle with a smaller friendlist until ZOS remembers that this is an MMO and reverts the lock.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iuntil ZOS remembers that this is an MMO and reverts the lock.
    It's an MMORPG... which is why locks have been reinstated.

Lethal zergling
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I forgot it was an RPG, we can all remember the classic roleplaying game; Baldur’s Gate, where if you made an evil playthrough the game would force all subsequent characters to also be evil.

Wait... it didn’t do that because that would be insane?

Separate characters played by the same player aren’t forced into the same allegiance in any RPG videogame I’ve ever played and I’m certain that MMO roleplaying communities don’t enforce anything like that. I don’t even RP and I think I understand roleplaying better than you.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh I forgot it was an RPG, we can all remember the classic roleplaying game; Baldur’s Gate, where if you made an evil playthrough the game would force all subsequent characters to also be evil.

Separate characters played by the same player aren’t forced into the same allegiance in any RPG videogame I’ve ever played and I’m certain that MMO roleplaying communities don’t enforce anything like that. I don’t even RP and I think I understand roleplaying better than you.

Well, if you dont like faction locks, you have options... convince all those soposedly people that dont want faction locks to go there, problem solved...
    Edited by Miriel on May 30, 2019 5:18PM
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Separate characters played by the same player aren’t forced into the same allegiance in any RPG videogame I’ve ever played and I’m certain that MMO roleplaying communities don’t enforce anything like that.
    No, I agree with you completely there. I don't know any game that does that, so it is a very good thing that ESO does not do that, either. I wouldn't support that.

Lethal zergling
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your view is narrow minded.
    The part you are missing is that some of us have several main characters of various classes, races and alliances.

We are now effectively locked out from playing all of our characters in PvP and yes, that sucks.
    dry.gif

Edited by SirAndy on May 30, 2019 5:55PM
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    The part you are missing is that some of us have several main characters of various classes, races and alliances. We are now effectively locked out from playing all of our characters in PvP and yes, that sucks.
    No, you are not in any way locked out from playing all of your characters in PvP. I have one character from each faction, and I play them all. I could have any number of them.

Lethal zergling
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    The part you are missing is that some of us have several main characters of various classes, races and alliances. We are now effectively locked out from playing all of our characters in PvP and yes, that sucks.
    No, you are not in any way locked out from playing all of your characters in PvP. I have one character from each faction, and I play them all. I could have any number of them.

Yes, i am locked out from playing the way i want to play them ...
    dry.gif

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all keep making this about faction hoppers and how they can go somewhere else. How about take a look at the map in PC-NA most of the time, when factions pop lock, and the scores. Keep telling us how great this is when evidence shows its just not even decent.
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I think I understand now. Those of you that like to faction hop are often in the upper tiers of pvpers. You were good enough, ground out the right gear, practiced your combos, and figured out how to win enough to be noticed by the better players in the other factions, "gf you should roll an AD (or DC or EP) so we can farm zerglings anyone together lmao".
    I would say most of the Faction hoppers would agree with this. Made one correction that was showing a bit of your bias coming out.
    So you did, and had lots of fun with your new cross-faction friends winning 2vX, 3vX, WhatevervX fights against unwashed the masses of terribad players anyone of all factions, racking up huge piles of EoC rewards and AP.
    Fixed that for you, bias coming out again.

The old 80/20 rule. 80% of Players fall into this category (unwashed masses of terribad players) When the 20% of "Good" players refuse to fight that leaves the pugs to be slaughtered. We see it all the time when we face Guilds. Guilds follow the 80/20% rule as well. Most of them are terrible.

Who cares who's emp , or who has scrolls?

Do you think the 2 to 3 man cross-faction group is going to dethrone an emp? That is the job of large guilds. Cyrodill is a large sandbox where all playstyles are welcome. They only playstyles that we should have issues with are the ones that bring the servers to its knees, which is too many people in one location.

For years we have been asking for changes to dethrone mechanic. Funneling everyone into one keep for a dethrone results in super lag for all. Now you are saying you want those small man Cross-factions to join in the lag mess instead of spreading out like they are doing.

All of this applies the same for scrolls, do you think the 2 to 3 man cross-faction group is going to take a scroll during primetime?

or who's leading the campaign
    Campaign wins are won by the 16 hours of population imbalances when the campaign's primetime is over. This has been this way for years and years and years. How do you not know this? There is zero reason for anyone that plays in primetime to care about "Campaign" wins as they have virtually no impact on the campaign. This is the majority of when players play, so the majority of players have no impact on the campaign.

Any "primetime" player that cares about campaign wins boils down to a few things...

1. They don't realize that what they are doing has virtual no impact on the campaign. "Ignorance"
    2. They are a solo player that isn't very good at pvp. They can’t kill anyone unless they follow along a group of players and then they now massively outnumber their opponents. This is a hollow victory for them. So, a campaign win is the way for them to feel good about what others do. A common saying for them is, "Well we got our asses handed to us in that fight but that's OK, look at the campaign score"!
    3. They are a group / Guild player that isn't very good. Same logic as the solo player that is terrible, now apply that as a guild. There are many terrible guilds that get slaughtered when they face another guild. Pvdooring Kingscrest, Rayles, Blackboot, Bloodmayne for a morale boost has been a running joke for years. These are your "Faction-Loyalists" guilds they are terrible at PVP. A campaign win is the only way they feel better about what they do as a guild. Constantly being slaughtered isn't enjoyable to them. They don't want/know how to improve so they are off to Pvdoor another keep. It would be one thing if they went off to pvdoor a keep so they could create their own fights and spread out fights but sadly there are only a handful of groups that can do this.

You don't need the buffs as you kite around a resource tower killing zergling after zergling until your fingers cramped, laughing in voice chat having a blast, or running the walls of Glade wiping the same terrible guilds & groups that refuse to get better at PVP and then leave the other 30 pugs to get slaughtered over and over again.

Good times...
    Fixed that for you, green is what is added for clarification.

See Reason #3 as to why any group can do this. If the guilds and groups would be better at fighting this wouldn't happen.

Zone Call out examples...

Guild Zone call out.
    Zone chat call out, "Drac or Omni is killing everything at Glademist, we need help!!!". DC Guilds, "We already died to them twice and now are on camp timers, we need our morale boost, on to Kingscrest".

Small man Cross-Faction call out.
    Zone Chat call out, "5 or 6 EP farming at Faregyl Mine, need help!!!" AD small man group responds, they die once and never go back. Instead of going back to improve they leave the solos to get slaughter and they are off to Alessia Bridge.

If you want to blame someone for getting farmed look in the mirror. Tell your DC Guilds to improve and tell your DC small mans to help. O wait, those are the cross-faction groups trying to help out that have now been locked out from helping.
    Along comes ZOS and says, " Nope, those days are over. " " We have a rule change, that will hurt population imbalances even more". Now most of your friends are either stuck behind a faction lock wall, or decided this was the last straw and quit the game. Now all you have left is to scrape together the few of your friends left and hop onto the unlocked campaign, which is currently a ghost town most of the time, or solo on the locked campaign, which is also poorly populated most of the time.
    ZOS created a few sandboxes for all the kids to play in, however all the kids only use 1 sandbox (30 Day CP Campaign). As that is all of the PVP population that is left. It has dwindled to what we have now because ZOS has neglected server performance for years, that is why we have empty sandboxes.

ZOS decides to come up with a new rule.

This rule will force 1 of the 2 kids that care about this rule to an empty sandbox. Neither kid wants to play in the empty sandbox. Regardless if ZOS makes the new sandbox a “Faction lock only” or a “Faction Open” sandbox, it will be dead and empty. Neither kid wants to play in an empty sandbox.

xsp8vvt014aa.jpg

I get it. it sucks when something you loved is taken from you. Now you have 2 3 choices, adapt or quit or provide examples to ZOS to help them reverse their decision. Given enough evidence or backlash ZOS may reverse faction locks, but given their track record this won't happen soon, if ever.

Fixed that for you again.

Cross-Faction players are choosing #3 as their option. They continue to provide reasons why ZOS should reverse this. In the mean time they are choosing #1 like all good players do, they are adapting.

They have adapted by choosing their main characters factions. The consequences of this is that we are seeing a greater population imbalance in non primetime hours.

Just like they said would happen from experiencing this in the past.

Doomed-to-repeat-it.jpg

Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    You all keep making this about faction hoppers and how they can go somewhere else. How about take a look at the map in PC-NA most of the time, when factions pop lock, and the scores. Keep telling us how great this is when evidence shows its just not even decent.

im AD, i dont mind getting pushed back, atleast i have fights... and if you dont like the score, and think its boring, then change side at the end of the campaign, or go to the campaign where you can faction hop, problem solved ?
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do know that, in the very early days, AD was so dominant, that the result was that entire guilds moved to mostly ep, but also dc... the player base managed to change and adapt within the rules of faction locks...

so yes we should remember history !
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »

im AD, i dont mind getting pushed back, atleast i have fights... and if you dont like the score, and think its boring, then change side at the end of the campaign, or go to the campaign where you can faction hop, problem solved ?

You AD are pop locked plenty. I dont know what even to say to you until you come in to prime time with both other factions locked, and both their faction stacks at your home keeps while you are at 3 bars tops, never mind soft locked.

I do see the point of not liking it at a certain point if your not fighting back a push, but it's more than a push at that point. And it's been happening nightly until AD or EP do something that pushes the other and DC gets pop just in time to PvDoor some map.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

You AD are pop locked plenty. I dont know what even to say to you until you come in to prime time with both other factions locked, and both their faction stacks at your home keeps while you are at 3 bars tops, never mind soft locked.

I do see the point of not liking it at a certain point if your not fighting back a push, but it's more than a push at that point. And it's been happening nightly until AD or EP do something that pushes the other and DC gets pop just in time to PvDoor some map.

yea but if you guys are so many why dont you go to the camapign without faction locks... its like you refuse to understand, tha t some of us DONT want to play without it... if ZOS gave you the 30dayd the 7day would be faction locked, i would go to the faction locked 7 day, and i know alot of other "dirty casuals" would aso do it... you be supriced, the pop is devided, and there is no going back, either accept it, or adapt to it... but i will not play on a campaign without factio locks again, i rather go play wow classic...

all factions have moments that their low pop, the problem been the coordianted pvd switching sides to exploit it... since im euro, i at time have time during the day, to help early US, couse then AD needs to faction stack far and that usually saves the scrolls... at US prime time AD holds its own most of the time...
    Edited by Miriel on May 30, 2019 6:54PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea but if you guys are so many why dont you go to the camapign without faction locks... its like you refuse to understand, tha t some of us DONT want to play without it... if ZOS gave you the 30dayd the 7day would be faction locked, i would go to the faction locked 7 day, and i know alot of other "dirty casuals" would aso do it... you be supriced, the pop is devided, and there is no going back, either accept it, or adapt to it... but i will not play on a campaign without factio locks again, i rather go play wow classic...

So we can pvdoor an empty map in stead? More PVDoor?

I'm not a faction hopper. I'm all DC and that tells you right there I'm not worried about just winning some AP. I'm just telling you the health of the fights are bad.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I understand now. Those of you that like to faction hop are often in the upper tiers of pvpers. You were good enough, ground out the right gear, practiced your combos, and figured out how to win enough to be noticed by the better players in the other factions, "gf you should roll an AD (or DC or EP) so we can farm zerglings anyone together lmao".
    I would say most of the Faction hoppers would agree with this. Made one correction that was showing a bit of your bias coming out.
    So you did, and had lots of fun with your new cross-faction friends winning 2vX, 3vX, WhatevervX fights against unwashed the masses of terribad players anyone of all factions, racking up huge piles of EoC rewards and AP.
    Fixed that for you, bias coming out again.

The old 80/20 rule. 80% of Players fall into this category (unwashed masses of terribad players) When the 20% of "Good" players refuse to fight that leaves the pugs to be slaughtered. We see it all the time when we face Guilds. Guilds follow the 80/20% rule as well. Most of them are terrible.

Who cares who's emp , or who has scrolls?

Do you think the 2 to 3 man cross-faction group is going to dethrone an emp? That is the job of large guilds. Cyrodill is a large sandbox where all playstyles are welcome. They only playstyles that we should have issues with are the ones that bring the servers to its knees, which is too many people in one location.

For years we have been asking for changes to dethrone mechanic. Funneling everyone into one keep for a dethrone results in super lag for all. Now you are saying you want those small man Cross-factions to join in the lag mess instead of spreading out like they are doing.

All of this applies the same for scrolls, do you think the 2 to 3 man cross-faction group is going to take a scroll during primetime?

or who's leading the campaign
    Campaign wins are won by the 16 hours of population imbalances when the campaign's primetime is over. This has been this way for years and years and years. How do you not know this? There is zero reason for anyone that plays in primetime to care about "Campaign" wins as they have virtually no impact on the campaign. This is the majority of when players play, so the majority of players have no impact on the campaign.

Any "primetime" player that cares about campaign wins boils down to a few things...

1. They don't realize that what they are doing has virtual no impact on the campaign. "Ignorance"
    2. They are a solo player that isn't very good at pvp. They can’t kill anyone unless they follow along a group of players and then they now massively outnumber their opponents. This is a hollow victory for them. So, a campaign win is the way for them to feel good about what others do. A common saying for them is, "Well we got our asses handed to us in that fight but that's OK, look at the campaign score"!
    3. They are a group / Guild player that isn't very good. Same logic as the solo player that is terrible, now apply that as a guild. There are many terrible guilds that get slaughtered when they face another guild. Pvdooring Kingscrest, Rayles, Blackboot, Bloodmayne for a morale boost has been a running joke for years. These are your "Faction-Loyalists" guilds they are terrible at PVP. A campaign win is the only way they feel better about what they do as a guild. Constantly being slaughtered isn't enjoyable to them. They don't want/know how to improve so they are off to Pvdoor another keep. It would be one thing if they went off to pvdoor a keep so they could create their own fights and spread out fights but sadly there are only a handful of groups that can do this.

You don't need the buffs as you kite around a resource tower killing zergling after zergling until your fingers cramped, laughing in voice chat having a blast, or running the walls of Glade wiping the same terrible guilds & groups that refuse to get better at PVP and then leave the other 30 pugs to get slaughtered over and over again.

Good times...
    Fixed that for you, green is what is added for clarification.

See Reason #3 as to why any group can do this. If the guilds and groups would be better at fighting this wouldn't happen.

Zone Call out examples...

Guild Zone call out.
    Zone chat call out, "Drac or Omni is killing everything at Glademist, we need help!!!". DC Guilds, "We already died to them twice and now are on camp timers, we need our morale boost, on to Kingscrest".

Small man Cross-Faction call out.
    Zone Chat call out, "5 or 6 EP farming at Faregyl Mine, need help!!!" AD small man group responds, they die once and never go back. Instead of going back to improve they leave the solos to get slaughter and they are off to Alessia Bridge.

If you want to blame someone for getting farmed look in the mirror. Tell your DC Guilds to improve and tell your DC small mans to help. O wait, those are the cross-faction groups trying to help out that have now been locked out from helping.
    Along comes ZOS and says, " Nope, those days are over. " " We have a rule change, that will hurt population imbalances even more". Now most of your friends are either stuck behind a faction lock wall, or decided this was the last straw and quit the game. Now all you have left is to scrape together the few of your friends left and hop onto the unlocked campaign, which is currently a ghost town most of the time, or solo on the locked campaign, which is also poorly populated most of the time.
    ZOS created a few sandboxes for all the kids to play in, however all the kids only use 1 sandbox (30 Day CP Campaign). As that is all of the PVP population that is left. It has dwindled to what we have now because ZOS has neglected server performance for years, that is why we have empty sandboxes.

ZOS decides to come up with a new rule.

This rule will force 1 of the 2 kids that care about this rule to an empty sandbox. Neither kid wants to play in the empty sandbox. Regardless if ZOS makes the new sandbox a “Faction lock only” or a “Faction Open” sandbox, it will be dead and empty. Neither kid wants to play in an empty sandbox.

xsp8vvt014aa.jpg

I get it. it sucks when something you loved is taken from you. Now you have 2 3 choices, adapt or quit or provide examples to ZOS to help them reverse their decision. Given enough evidence or backlash ZOS may reverse faction locks, but given their track record this won't happen soon, if ever.

Fixed that for you again.

Cross-Faction players are choosing #3 as their option. They continue to provide reasons why ZOS should reverse this. In the mean time they are choosing #1 like all good players do, they are adapting.

They have adapted by choosing their main characters factions. The consequences of this is that we are seeing a greater population imbalance in non primetime hours.

Just like they said would happen from experiencing this in the past.

Doomed-to-repeat-it.jpg

@Crispen_Longbow very well said but I disagree with you that No CP is alive and well. It could be better but... FACTION LOCKS.

#FreeNoCP

Side Note: I can’t make up my mind is the OP serious or is this a troll post?
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Crispen_Longbow very well said but I disagree with you that No CP is alive and well. It could be better but... FACTION LOCKS.

#FreeNoCP

No CP is getting better but has a long way to go. It's the flow over when vivec is full. People would rather wait in no-cp as shor is dead and no-cp will have somewhat of a pop. It use to be people would wait in shor until the vivec queue popped but more action in no-cp now.
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not a faction hopper. I'm all DC and that tells you right there I'm not worried about just winning some AP. I'm just telling you the health of the fights are bad.

we been in this situation in the past, it was even worse, AD was so dominant that they essentially painted ALL the campaings gold, it changed after awhile, couse people shifted sides, all within faction locks...

and since we have so many that dont care about what factions their on, they can fix this, if they want to... but this isnt about fixing anything, its about, having the "tool" to switly abuse situaitons... couse at moment anyone that want the good fights, can choose the underdog side at the end of the campaign...
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Crispen_Longbow
    While yes I see the occasional person who I know plays the new Vivec, I also see a lot of no cp regulars. I think you are under estimating the size of the no cp population.

I really think people discount the population who home No CP. i understand it is easy to discount when people don’t play it or come in only waiting for a que to pop.

Edit: to account for autocorrect mess up.
    Edited by Dutchessx on May 30, 2019 7:07PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

#FreeNoCP

No CP is getting better but has a long way to go. It's the flow over when vivec is full. People would rather wait in no-cp as shor is dead and no-cp will have somewhat of a pop. It use to be people would wait in shor until the vivec queue popped but more action in no-cp now.

I cant take credit for that post, im fairly sure @Dutchessx wrote that...
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you have never played GW, WOW, Anarchy Online, Aion, DaOC, or Warhammer online to name a few? It wasn't an uncommon practice, though these days it seems to be less common, I wonder if CU will force you to make all your characters on one realm/account? Anyway the servers will sort themselves out, but the no CP guys really deserve an unlocked 2nd campaign.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Miriel I just wrote the part about it being alive and well but could be better.
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea but if you guys are so many why dont you go to the camapign without faction locks

They aren't so many. All servers are dead but the main CP campaign in off hours. It doesn't matter what campaign they choose for the lock or no lock it will be dead.

xsp8vvt014aa.jpg

... its like you refuse to understand, tha t some of us DONT want to play without it... if ZOS gave you the 30dayd the 7day would be faction locked, i would go to the faction locked 7 day, and i know alot of other "dirty casuals" would aso do it...

Yes the few of you would go and it would still be a dead server just like all the rest of them.

you be supriced, the pop is devided, and there is no going back, either accept it, or adapt to it... but i will not play on a campaign without factio locks again, i rather go play wow classic...

The vast majority of players don't care about faction locks one way or the other. I started out on DC because I like the color blue. My guild switched to AD then back to DC then back to AD to help balance out guilds during primetime. It wasn't to help campaign scores it was to help out AD not having any powerful guilds during primetime.

all factions have moments that their low pop, the problem been the coordianted pvd switching sides to exploit it... since im euro, i at time have time during the day, to help early US, couse then AD needs to faction stack far and that usually saves the scrolls... at US prime time AD holds its own most of the time...

This happens in dead campaigns and is a symptom of population imbalance. They need to have dynamic population locks to fix this not faction locks.

I would much rather play cryo where your group gets added to whichever side needs help being balanced out.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    yea but if you guys are so many why dont you go to the camapign without faction locks

They aren't so many. All servers are dead but the main CP campaign in off hours. It doesn't matter what campaign they choose for the lock or no lock it will be dead.

xsp8vvt014aa.jpg

... its like you refuse to understand, tha t some of us DONT want to play without it... if ZOS gave you the 30dayd the 7day would be faction locked, i would go to the faction locked 7 day, and i know alot of other "dirty casuals" would aso do it...

Yes the few of you would go and it would still be a dead server just like all the rest of them.

you be supriced, the pop is devided, and there is no going back, either accept it, or adapt to it... but i will not play on a campaign without factio locks again, i rather go play wow classic...

The vast majority of players don't care about faction locks one way or the other. I started out on DC because I like the color blue. My guild switched to AD then back to DC then back to AD to help balance out guilds during primetime. It wasn't to help campaign scores it was to help out AD not having any powerful guilds during primetime.

This happens in dead campaigns and is a symptom of population imbalance. They need to have dynamic population locks to fix this not faction locks.

I would much rather play cryo where your group gets added to whichever side needs help being balanced out.

And as you point to, people can fix this between campaigns... having insta faction switch, creates as much issues as it fixes
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Granted no cp has had better daytime population in the past this is however, to call the server dead I think is extreme. I also can only speak about daytime populations based on what my friends tell me or what I see from people’s streams or my personal experiences when I am off since I work during the day now. My goal is to make sure that No CP is not discounted and considered a non-issue to the people who make the decisions.

PS: pre patch there were many nights it was pop-locked across all factions. I have also seen it locked by EP during prime once or twice since the patch drop.
    Edited by Dutchessx on May 30, 2019 7:20PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vast majority of players don't care about faction locks one way or the other.
    The vast majority of the players are celebrating.
    Lethal zergling
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as you point to, people can fix this between campaigns... having insta faction switch, creates as much issues as it fixes

Only on dead campaigns. To solve a guild swapping from one faction to the other to paint the map one color then paint it another color happens on dead campaigns.

Put faction locks on the dead campaigns, to solve this.

That is what Zos should have done from the first. That is what most faction loyalist have said they wanted as well. one campaign where they could play on for their Roleplaying and would stop painting the map one color and then jumping to the other side to do the same thing.

Dynamic pops would also solve this without the need for faction locks.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we been in this situation in the past, it was even worse, AD was so dominant that they essentially painted ALL the campaings gold, it changed after awhile, couse people shifted sides, all within faction locks...

and since we have so many that dont care about what factions their on, they can fix this, if they want to... but this isnt about fixing anything, its about, having the "tool" to switly abuse situaitons... couse at moment anyone that want the good fights, can choose the underdog side at the end of the campaign...

After 30 days. Thats a long time of crap play and I can already see the population shrinking. I know you all want a faction that is so choked out so you can claim some victories rolling over the few that stay, but again; its not healthy for the game.