Maintenance for the week of January 27:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – January 27,  4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Website for maintenance – January 27, 1:00PM EST (18:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EST (21:00 UTC)

To the faction hoppers, I'm sorry...

  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »
    And as you point to, people can fix this between campaigns... having insta faction switch, creates as much issues as it fixes

    Only on dead campaigns. To solve a guild swapping from one faction to the other to paint the map one color then paint it another color happens on dead campaigns.

    Put faction locks on the dead campaigns, to solve this.

    That is what Zos should have done from the first. That is what most faction loyalist have said they wanted as well. one campaign where they could play on for their Roleplaying and would stop painting the map one color and then jumping to the other side to do the same thing.

    Dynamic pops would also solve this without the need for faction locks.

    This is much more reasonable. 7 days is a lot better than 30 if the population gets ugly and needs a change.

    Yep; 30 days of the main campaign the majority of people play was a bad choice. Its too long to have such uneven sides.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Miriel wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Miriel wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Miriel wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    You all keep making this about faction hoppers and how they can go somewhere else. How about take a look at the map in PC-NA most of the time, when factions pop lock, and the scores. Keep telling us how great this is when evidence shows its just not even decent.

    im AD, i dont mind getting pushed back, atleast i have fights... and if you dont like the score, and think its boring, then change side at the end of the campaign, or go to the campaign where you can faction hop, problem solved ?

    You AD are pop locked plenty. I dont know what even to say to you until you come in to prime time with both other factions locked, and both their faction stacks at your home keeps while you are at 3 bars tops, never mind soft locked.

    I do see the point of not liking it at a certain point if your not fighting back a push, but it's more than a push at that point. And it's been happening nightly until AD or EP do something that pushes the other and DC gets pop just in time to PvDoor some map.

    yea but if you guys are so many why dont you go to the camapign without faction locks... its like you refuse to understand, tha t some of us DONT want to play without it... if ZOS gave you the 30dayd the 7day would be faction locked, i would go to the faction locked 7 day, and i know alot of other "dirty casuals" would aso do it... you be supriced, the pop is devided, and there is no going back, either accept it, or adapt to it... but i will not play on a campaign without factio locks again, i rather go play wow classic...

    So we can pvdoor an empty map in stead? More PVDoor?

    I'm not a faction hopper. I'm all DC and that tells you right there I'm not worried about just winning some AP. I'm just telling you the health of the fights are bad.

    we been in this situation in the past, it was even worse, AD was so dominant that they essentially painted ALL the campaings gold, it changed after awhile, couse people shifted sides, all within faction locks...

    and since we have so many that dont care about what factions their on, they can fix this, if they want to... but this isnt about fixing anything, its about, having the "tool" to switly abuse situaitons... couse at moment anyone that want the good fights, can choose the underdog side at the end of the campaign...

    After 30 days. Thats a long time of crap play and I can already see the population shrinking. I know you all want a faction that is so choked out so you can claim some victories rolling over the few that stay, but again; its not healthy for the game.

    factio locks Is the only way, we can fix this... people hopping sides to pretend we are fighting for something, fixes nothing, except agravate the majoity of players... again if you dont like faction locks, there is alternatives, i cant stress this to many times no matter what, a big portion of the pvp player base aint going to play on a campaign without locks, its never ever going to happen, i rather play on empty server and pull my teeth dooing it, with a blunt spoon...

    So the pop is devided regardless, you cant force me and other to play on a campaign without locks, and if ZOS removes it, ill just unsub again and leave...

    WE DONT WANT TO PLAY WITHOUT LOCKS !
    Edited by Miriel on May 30, 2019 7:36PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if CU will force you to make all your characters on one realm/account?

    @AhPook_Is_Here
    CU will require an account to be locked to a faction per server, but Jacobs is on record saying he hopes players experience all the factions.

    It will be a very different game. It's a pvp-only sandbox. Servers will be small and there are mechanics to help out the faction(s) that is underpopulated and mechanics to breakup up zergs by killing them if they stay together too long. There is NO cross-faction communication of any kind, no static objectives you take for points (guilds build fortifications and defenses as well as offensive structures), no PVE content, no monsters that drop loot or Weapons of Supremeness, and races and classes are locked to factions. So if you want to try out a water mage or a valkyrie, you have to roll a toon on that faction.
    technohic wrote: »
    So we can pvdoor an empty map in stead? More PVDoor?

    I'm not a faction hopper. I'm all DC and that tells you right there I'm not worried about just winning some AP. I'm just telling you the health of the fights are bad.

    Sorry, we're not allowed to come help anymore. A lot of us picked the faction we had the most (still active) friends on, and apparently the non-EP faction loyalists getting exactly what they asked for think that was a conspiracy. :trollface:
    PC NA
    Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Breton Magicka Templar, Dunmer Magicka DK, Bosmer Stamina NB, Nord Stamina Warden, Redguard Stamina Necro
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka NB, Breton Magicka Sorcerer, Orc Stamina Warden
    Dunmer Magicka DK, Argonian Magicka Templar, Altmer Magicka Sorcerer
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I wonder if CU will force you to make all your characters on one realm/account?

    @AhPook_Is_Here
    CU will require an account to be locked to a faction per server, but Jacobs is on record saying he hopes players experience all the factions.

    It will be a very different game. It's a pvp-only sandbox. Servers will be small and there are mechanics to help out the faction(s) that is underpopulated and mechanics to breakup up zergs by killing them if they stay together too long. There is NO cross-faction communication of any kind, no static objectives you take for points (guilds build fortifications and defenses as well as offensive structures), no PVE content, no monsters that drop loot or Weapons of Supremeness, and races and classes are locked to factions. So if you want to try out a water mage or a valkyrie, you have to roll a toon on that faction.
    technohic wrote: »
    So we can pvdoor an empty map in stead? More PVDoor?

    I'm not a faction hopper. I'm all DC and that tells you right there I'm not worried about just winning some AP. I'm just telling you the health of the fights are bad.

    Sorry, we're not allowed to come help anymore. A lot of us picked the faction we had the most (still active) friends on, and apparently the non-EP faction loyalists getting exactly what they asked for think that was a conspiracy. :trollface:

    Its alright, as AD i allways have fights and alot to do, perfect... im not complaining...
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the mythical exodus of PvPers that those to decried locks predicted. I'm also waiting for the influx of players that those who begged for it predicted. Huh.

    Locks 100% don't directly effect me. I've never played a color other than yellow in a 30 day campaign. I still think they're silly and won't make the "competitive" server any more competitive.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »

    factio locks Is the only way, we can fix this... people hopping sides to pretend we are fighting for something, fixes nothing, except agravate the majoity of players... again if you dont like faction locks, there is alternatives, i cant stress this to many times no matter what, a big portion of the pvp player base aint going to play on a campaign without locks, its never ever going to happen, i rather play on empty server and pull my teeth dooing it, with a blunt spoon...

    So the pop is devided regardless, you cant force me and other to play on a campaign with locks, and if ZOS removes it, ill just unsub again and leave...

    WE DONT WANT TO PLAY WITHOUT LOCKS !


    Do not confuse what the majority wants. The majority has been playing on the main campaign which has been faction open for the last 2 years.The majority doesn't care. The minority cares, and they care one way or the other.

    The majority will only care when the servers get so far out of balance that factions are gated and quit playing the game. We aren't to that point during primetime.

    Let me be clear on this from my stand point. I only play the AD faction so it doesn't affect me. I would only swap over to help long term balance. However, I am against anything that further divides our already small player base and locks people out from playing with their friends on whatever faction they find them.

    People cant have it both ways... and no i cant be 100% sure, but im fairly sure there be enough people to go to the server that would be locked, mostly couse you underestimate the years of resistance in the first place against allowing faction hopping, that was a move by ZOS that made alot of people to quit pvp in the first place, that in combination with growing bad performance...

    As i said earlier, there is pros to allowing faction hopping, but not with this small playerbase, since it essentially makes figthing pointless, i dont need ap, in dont need any items, for many of us,the only thing left its the "fight" and fight for something, it dosent mean much, but its atleast something... i cna only pop so many FCs, buy siege to new players, and drown in pots, and i have like 15 million ap... over a million gold... so yea

    The population can only fix this as they did in the early days, pick sides to balance the faction s out and fight it out every campaign... if you want faction hopping play BGs, or maybe we should add faction hopping in the BGs also, all leave the loosing sides to yoin the winning team in BGs, yea that so brilliantly stupid !
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I wonder if CU will force you to make all your characters on one realm/account?

    @AhPook_Is_Here
    CU will require an account to be locked to a faction per server, but Jacobs is on record saying he hopes players experience all the factions.

    It will be a very different game. It's a pvp-only sandbox. Servers will be small and there are mechanics to help out the faction(s) that is underpopulated and mechanics to breakup up zergs by killing them if they stay together too long. There is NO cross-faction communication of any kind, no static objectives you take for points (guilds build fortifications and defenses as well as offensive structures), no PVE content, no monsters that drop loot or Weapons of Supremeness, and races and classes are locked to factions. So if you want to try out a water mage or a valkyrie, you have to roll a toon on that faction.
    technohic wrote: »
    So we can pvdoor an empty map in stead? More PVDoor?

    I'm not a faction hopper. I'm all DC and that tells you right there I'm not worried about just winning some AP. I'm just telling you the health of the fights are bad.

    Sorry, we're not allowed to come help anymore. A lot of us picked the faction we had the most (still active) friends on, and apparently the non-EP faction loyalists getting exactly what they asked for think that was a conspiracy. :trollface:

    It's really quite amazing to me. I saw people in DC zone being toxic to people they saw come over before pop locks. I only have DC but its more because thats where I started and honestly I feel more needed. There is some sort of hubris in the faction that it can look at its regular size and say "nah, we don't need you. We're good." Just because they fear someones flipping to farm AP map flipping.

    I mean, nobody was flipping vivec and to hop factions at peak would take up enough time in queues to where you couldn't possibly be getting more AP for it. Now those 7 day campaigns on the other hand where they have 0 queues and you can start and get top AP for emp which flips all the time ; I could see it. Thats why it made 0 sense to lock Vivec and let the lower pop 7 day campaigns keep flipping.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iuntil ZOS remembers that this is an MMO and reverts the lock.
    It's an MMORPG... which is why locks have been reinstated.

    Oh I forgot it was an RPG, we can all remember the classic roleplaying game; Baldur’s Gate, where if you made an evil playthrough the game would force all subsequent characters to also be evil.

    Wait... it didn’t do that because that would be insane?

    Separate characters played by the same player aren’t forced into the same allegiance in any RPG videogame I’ve ever played and I’m certain that MMO roleplaying communities don’t enforce anything like that. I don’t even RP and I think I understand roleplaying better than you.

    Lol dude , you made worst example possible when mentioning Baldur's Gate. In BG it sure as hell made a big difference if you played as good, evil or something in between. Just look at Anomen character. Remember him? After his questline he ends up lawful good or chaotic neutral, so yea your choices there mattered. If you did evil things good chars would leave your party, if you were to reputable evil chars would start complain and the leave. Dude i had to go around killing civilians just so my evil party members stay calm. If you did stuff contrary to their alignment, they would nag at you constantly. Go play as good and try keeping Korgan or Edwin in your party. They would call you a pu55y and leave. So yea, had to lol at your totally failed reference.

    edit- No that is not insane, that is RPG and a damn good one, hell probably best ever, just because of that. Choices mattered.

    loool....wow what a fail reference!


    Edited by ku5h on May 30, 2019 9:08PM
    PC-EU 1000+ cp
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Crispen_Longbow at least I am adapting by unsubbing and not buying new content until I get bored or ZOS gives me a reason to. As is stands, my templars have made it through the last few meta crises because I'm not a complete potato. Don't see why necro will be any different.

    Great post though! Just wanted to chime in since I was gone for 2 weeks. :)
    DC NA - Norri (formerly Noriku) - Khole
    DC NA - Ginger Gaspode (sorc stuff)
    AD NA - Mahdis (sometimes sorc stuff)
    AD NA - Dee Tix (heals for hire)
    EP NA - Norr'i (heals for hire) - Flame/Vanguard/solo potato
    EP NA - Nor'ree (does warden things)
    AD NA - Here for the Tick (fail bomber)
    DC NA - Boot Lizard (just here to meatbag plebs)
    EP NA - Sorc in a Bottle (negates stuff)
    EP NA - someothervariation of Norri (other fail bomber)
    AD NA- Windowless Van (reasons)

    ** I have too many toons **
    RIP every alt I deleted
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @***5h The point I was making was that one character’s playthrough didn’t affect different characters that you made. The decisions your character made didn’t bleed through to subsequent playthroughs on different characters.

    The actions of the player character affected the non-player party members, but wouldn’t follow that same human player if they rolled up a new player character in a new game of BG.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on May 30, 2019 9:28PM
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @***5h The point I was making was that one character’s playthrough didn’t affect different characters that you made. The decisions your character made didn’t bleed through to subsequent playthroughs on different characters.

    The actions of the player character affected the non-player party members, but wouldn’t follow that same human player if they rolled up a new player character.

    Ohh, got you.
    That is true.
    PC-EU 1000+ cp
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »
    People cant have it both ways... and no i cant be 100% sure, but im fairly sure there be enough people to go to the server that would be locked, mostly couse you underestimate the years of resistance in the first place

    Great, if you really believe that we are settled. Lock the 7 day CP campaign for those that want faction lock. Problem solved. You would have a campaign you and others could go play in. Zos would be creating an incentive for you to play there which is the opposite of what they just did by punishing those that wanted faction open.
    Miriel wrote: »
    allowing faction hopping, that was a move by ZOS that made alot of people to quit pvp in the first place, that in combination with growing bad performance...

    That's it, stop there, performance is why the majority quit. The amount of people that have quit because of performance is the main issue why the pvp in this game died. It is not faction locks.

    Miriel wrote: »
    As i said earlier, there is pros to allowing faction hopping, but not with this small playerbase, since it essentially makes figthing pointless, i dont need ap, in dont need any items, for many of us,the only thing left its the "fight"and fight for something,

    You are right I have been here since beta, I have played all the playstyles in this game and they only thing left is "Fights" and "fighting for something". That "Something" isn't campaign wins it's fighting with our friends. The reason that we are still in this game with all the horrible server performance is the social aspect of fighting with friends. We pvp with our friends. Why would we take "fight"and "fight for something" away from the cross-faction players?

    Miriel wrote: »
    "fighting for something". it dosent mean much, but its atleast something... i cna only pop so many FCs, buy siege to new players, and drown in pots, and i have like 15 million ap... over a million gold... so yea

    Are you saying you fight for a campaign win? is that your something you keep playing this game because of the campaign win?

    I guess you missed this part about campaign wins above.


    Any "primetime" player that cares about campaign wins boils down to a few things...
    1. They don't realize that what they are doing has virtual no impact on the campaign. "Ignorance"
    2. They are a solo player that isn't very good at pvp. They can’t kill anyone unless they follow along a group of players and then they now massively outnumber their opponents. This is a hollow victory for them. So, a campaign win is the way for them to feel good about what others do. A common saying for them is, "Well we got our asses handed to us in that fight but that's OK, look at the campaign score"!
    3. They are a group / Guild player that isn't very good. Same logic as the solo player that is terrible, now apply that as a guild. There are many terrible guilds that get slaughtered when they face another guild. Pvdooring Kingscrest, Rayles, Blackboot, Bloodmayne for a morale boost has been a running joke for years. These are your "Faction-Loyalists" guilds they are terrible at PVP. A campaign win is the only way they feel better about what they do as a guild. Constantly being slaughtered isn't enjoyable to them. They don't want/know how to improve so they are off to Pvdoor another keep. It would be one thing if they went off to pvdoor a keep so they could create their own fights and spread out fights but sadly there are only a handful of groups that can do this.

    Since your not a Primetime player, I guess I can see why you would care about the campaign. Whatever you do actually does have a large impact on campaign. As a solo player in off hours you have more of an impact then a primtime solo player. If you really wanted to have a huge impact you would run and organized group and then you would also see the social aspect of this game you are trying to deny others.

    If the reason you are here is the campaign score you are fighting over a broken system.

    Take a basketball game.

    At primetime you have two teams of equal players fighting it out for a few hours. The game is close both sides play their best games, heroes on both sides of the court. It comes down to the last minute and Team A jumps a head of Team B by 6 points both teams tell each other they did great job walk off the court as friends and head home. But...

    The game isn't over Team C comes onto the court and takes over for Team B with their 5 players. Team D comes on to the court and takes over for Team A with 1 player. Team A was ahead by 6 points but the replacement Team D only has 1 player. They quickly lose 125 points because they are only 1 player vs 5 players.

    The next day Team A comes on to play Team B only to see that instead of their 6 point lead they are now down 119 points to team B. And the cycle starts over. Neither Team A or B care about the score anymore because it's a joke. As long as you have a competition and don't account for population imbalance it's not a competition.

    I'm sorry if the reason you play is for a "Campaign Win" you are championing a broken system.

    It isnt up to me, its up to ZOS... what they should have done/do is make two entirly new campigns one locked, one open... with new names... couse then people would pick what they want, and im fairly sure it essentialy halve the playeer base... or there around... couse then there wouldent be a this is the campaign that we allways used... there just be two NEW ones, new nmes, to choose from...

    and yes i fight t win... thats the very nature of pvp. it is player versus player, where they pit them self against each other... why do you fight people in pvp, to loose ?, but yea its very convinient when you can faction hope and allways be on the winning side... lets add it to BGs also, it be brilliantly stupid !

    And you can fght with friends, either agree where to fight... or go to the open campaign... problem solved... and you can choose a new side at the end of every campaign, again problem solved
    Edited by Miriel on May 30, 2019 9:52PM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The vast majority of players don't care about faction locks one way or the other.
    The vast majority of the players are celebrating.

    Prove it.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    The vast majority of players don't care about faction locks one way or the other.
    The vast majority of the players are celebrating.

    Prove it.

    Their in the faction locked campaign :wink:
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, ZOS followed their same pattern and made the first campaign at the top of the list the 30-day CP campaign, and made it locked. Now if it ends up being the highest pop server long term we’ll never know if it’s because it’s 30-day CP, because it’s faction locked, or just because it’s the first one (the last option is my theory).

    @Crispen_Longbow you seem to like to think that all your opponents that you defeat are skilled, and while that may be true sometimes, my experience is that the vast majority of players in Cyrodiil at any one time are inexperienced, poorly-geared, or both. I think a large majority of newer PvPers either only play for a short time and then never return, or only come back in sporadically, never putting forth the considerable effort required to become reasonably competent at PvP.

    I was all for faction locks when it was announced as in my opinion, the predictable mass zerging back and forth was more detrimental to server performance and player morale than faction locks would be. I was surprised when they locked the 30-day server, as I felt that experimenting with a 7-day server would be wiser, but this is ZOS’ world and their decision. Go ahead and keep complaining here and maybe it will affect ZOS’ decisions in the future, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot figure out the purpose of this thread. It just seems OP is just trying to troll those who are not in favor of faction locks with some crazy mixed up theories. I guess some are just out for attention.
    Really, idk
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, ZOS followed their same pattern and made the first campaign at the top of the list the 30-day CP campaign, and made it locked. Now if it ends up being the highest pop server long term we’ll never know if it’s because it’s 30-day CP, because it’s faction locked, or just because it’s the first one (the last option is my theory).
    Its because it's the 30 day CP campaign, the vast majority of players don't care about faction locks. Its 6PM EST and all the other campaigns are 1 bar across the board. All the other campaigns are dead!

    The main CP campaign has EP poplocked and DC and AD at 3 bar. Primetime has began and we can't even get the main campaign to poplock. There is nowhere else to go if you want to pvp. Doesn't matter what the other campaigns are.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    @Crispen_Longbow you seem to like to think that all your opponents that you defeat are skilled, and while that may be true sometimes, my experience is that the vast majority of players in Cyrodiil at any one time are inexperienced, poorly-geared, or both.
    Yes I do think that, because that's what we do when we play. We seek out the other guilds and fight them where ever they go and if they try and avoid us we will go take a keep / Scroll that they care about to force them to fight us.

    When I'm solo, I go and seek out the tower farmers. As that's where the best Duo & Trio players are that's how you improve by fighting good players. You never improve by fighting potatoes.

    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I think a large majority of newer PvPers either only play for a short time and then never return, or only come back in sporadically, never putting forth the considerable effort required to become reasonably competent at PvP.
    Newer players should be in Kyne (without Rerolled vet players) and the No-CP campaign where they have a chance to learn and don't have to fight vets of the game.

    The sad fact is neither of those have the population for them to learn. PVP is a ghost of what it use to be, faction locks just make it worse.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I was all for faction locks when it was announced as in my opinion, the predictable mass zerging back and forth was more detrimental to server performance and player morale than faction locks would be.
    Faction locks don't stop mass zerging. Let's face it mass zerging is what AP does becasue they can't do anything else. This would be compleltly fine if the servers could handle it which they can't. That's why I don't support that type of gameplay and we make it a point to crush AP whenever they are on.

    They will eventually die off just like Pact militia did now that Crow has left the game again. AP gets burnt out leading their pugs to slaughter, that's why they have to recruit so many people as they churn them and burn them instead of teaching them how to improve.

    Hopefully you get a decent guild that comes out of their fallout. Much like Tyr evolved from the pact Militia group.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I was surprised when they locked the 30-day server, as I felt that experimenting with a 7-day server would be wiser, but this is ZOS’ world and their decision.
    Yes, most people would agree this is what Zos should have done, but Zos has never made good decisions.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Go ahead and keep complaining here and maybe it will affect ZOS’ decisions in the future, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

    Depends on how many complaints. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion(AD): NB - Rank:45 (NA/PC) - Omni
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, ZOS followed their same pattern and made the first campaign at the top of the list the 30-day CP campaign, and made it locked. Now if it ends up being the highest pop server long term we’ll never know if it’s because it’s 30-day CP, because it’s faction locked, or just because it’s the first one (the last option is my theory).
    Its because it's the 30 day CP campaign, the vast majority of players don't care about faction locks. Its 6PM EST and all the other campaigns are 1 bar across the board. All the other campaigns are dead!

    The main CP campaign has EP poplocked and DC and AD at 3 bar. Primetime has began and we can't even get the main campaign to poplock. There is nowhere else to go if you want to pvp. Doesn't matter what the other campaigns are.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    @Crispen_Longbow you seem to like to think that all your opponents that you defeat are skilled, and while that may be true sometimes, my experience is that the vast majority of players in Cyrodiil at any one time are inexperienced, poorly-geared, or both.
    Yes I do think that, because that's what we do when we play. We seek out the other guilds and fight them where ever they go and if they try and avoid us we will go take a keep / Scroll that they care about to force them to fight us.

    When I'm solo, I go and seek out the tower farmers. As that's where the best Duo & Trio players are that's how you improve by fighting good players. You never improve by fighting potatoes.

    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I think a large majority of newer PvPers either only play for a short time and then never return, or only come back in sporadically, never putting forth the considerable effort required to become reasonably competent at PvP.
    Newer players should be in Kyne (without Rerolled vet players) and the No-CP campaign where they have a chance to learn and don't have to fight vets of the game.

    The sad fact is neither of those have the population for them to learn. PVP is a ghost of what it use to be, faction locks just make it worse.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I was all for faction locks when it was announced as in my opinion, the predictable mass zerging back and forth was more detrimental to server performance and player morale than faction locks would be.
    Faction locks don't stop mass zerging. Let's face it mass zerging is what AP does becasue they can't do anything else. This would be compleltly fine if the servers could handle it which they can't. That's why I don't support that type of gameplay and we make it a point to crush AP whenever they are on.

    They will eventually die off just like Pact militia did now that Crow has left the game again. AP gets burnt out leading their pugs to slaughter, that's why they have to recruit so many people as they churn them and burn them instead of teaching them how to improve.

    Hopefully you get a decent guild that comes out of their fallout. Much like Tyr evolved from the pact Militia group.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I was surprised when they locked the 30-day server, as I felt that experimenting with a 7-day server would be wiser, but this is ZOS’ world and their decision.
    Yes, most people would agree this is what Zos should have done, but Zos has never made good decisions.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Go ahead and keep complaining here and maybe it will affect ZOS’ decisions in the future, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

    Depends on how many complaints. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

    Your arguing with someone who is just arguing because they want to argue. The last part you quoted and responded to demonstrates they lack understanding and knowledge of the subject since Zos clearly stated as their first reason for this change is people asked for it.

    Anyone who understood this wouldn’t make h a bold claim. Heck, anyone who’s paid attention to Zos over the years would know that it’s irrelevant how many people support an idea or if they even has a logical reason for it, as long as they are very vocal they get Zos’ attention.
    Really, idk
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always been AD on all 5 of my dps that play PvP, mostly to get tier rewards but i do have a toon that i use to play pvp with my friends and guildies. I never knew players swapped alliances nor do i even understand the point, i assumed it charged you 150k ap to swap Home campaign? so no never did it.

    Most of the people i know and play with don't do it and from what i've read and learned recently like here it seems its for people that like to cheat in a way, to gain an advantage that if everyone did it it wouldn't be an advantage lol. so ill just keep playing as the game was designed and ill be fine, you all can cry about how you cant cheat the system.

    It has seemed to even things so im really happy with it! :smile:
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Crispen_Longbow and me actually agreeing on something. Faction lock, uniting enemies!
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People take monumental comfort in what's familiar.
    #buffsorcs

    All you touch, and all you see is all your life will ever be.

    PC/NA - Altmer MagSorc DPS

    gEt UseD t0 oNe STyLe AnD yO aNd i mIgHt sWitCh
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, ZOS followed their same pattern and made the first campaign at the top of the list the 30-day CP campaign, and made it locked. Now if it ends up being the highest pop server long term we’ll never know if it’s because it’s 30-day CP, because it’s faction locked, or just because it’s the first one (the last option is my theory).
    Its because it's the 30 day CP campaign, the vast majority of players don't care about faction locks. Its 6PM EST and all the other campaigns are 1 bar across the board. All the other campaigns are dead!

    The main CP campaign has EP poplocked and DC and AD at 3 bar. Primetime has began and we can't even get the main campaign to poplock. There is nowhere else to go if you want to pvp. Doesn't matter what the other campaigns are.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    @Crispen_Longbow you seem to like to think that all your opponents that you defeat are skilled, and while that may be true sometimes, my experience is that the vast majority of players in Cyrodiil at any one time are inexperienced, poorly-geared, or both.
    Yes I do think that, because that's what we do when we play. We seek out the other guilds and fight them where ever they go and if they try and avoid us we will go take a keep / Scroll that they care about to force them to fight us.

    When I'm solo, I go and seek out the tower farmers. As that's where the best Duo & Trio players are that's how you improve by fighting good players. You never improve by fighting potatoes.

    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I think a large majority of newer PvPers either only play for a short time and then never return, or only come back in sporadically, never putting forth the considerable effort required to become reasonably competent at PvP.
    Newer players should be in Kyne (without Rerolled vet players) and the No-CP campaign where they have a chance to learn and don't have to fight vets of the game.

    The sad fact is neither of those have the population for them to learn. PVP is a ghost of what it use to be, faction locks just make it worse.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I was all for faction locks when it was announced as in my opinion, the predictable mass zerging back and forth was more detrimental to server performance and player morale than faction locks would be.
    Faction locks don't stop mass zerging. Let's face it mass zerging is what AP does becasue they can't do anything else. This would be compleltly fine if the servers could handle it which they can't. That's why I don't support that type of gameplay and we make it a point to crush AP whenever they are on.

    They will eventually die off just like Pact militia did now that Crow has left the game again. AP gets burnt out leading their pugs to slaughter, that's why they have to recruit so many people as they churn them and burn them instead of teaching them how to improve.

    Hopefully you get a decent guild that comes out of their fallout. Much like Tyr evolved from the pact Militia group.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I was surprised when they locked the 30-day server, as I felt that experimenting with a 7-day server would be wiser, but this is ZOS’ world and their decision.
    Yes, most people would agree this is what Zos should have done, but Zos has never made good decisions.
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Go ahead and keep complaining here and maybe it will affect ZOS’ decisions in the future, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

    Depends on how many complaints. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

    While I agree with a portion of what you said. I disagree with the attitude that if it’s not the 30 day server then it’s dead. Have you considered not everyone who plays this game lives in the eastern US? I know guilds that doesn’t even start until 8 or 9 o’clock Central because they have people who are from the Pacific Coast and I know people who are from Hawaii who play his game. Maybe it is a population shift in the game not that all campaigns other than the 30 day server is dead. Faction locks affect everyone unless you home Shor or IC. It didn’t fix the issues that people hoped for it made it worse. If anything it will reduce the good fights that you can find because a lot of those same guilds probably had cross faction players they lost. Which I think is something most people here can agree on guilds have lost good players because they had to choose.

    Also, if a player wants to learn how to play there are plenty of guilds in the No CP server to teach them and a lot of vet players there to help. And some guilds that have requirements to get in them.

    #FreeNoCP
    Edited by Dutchessx on May 30, 2019 11:13PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - EP NA
    Esperanza de Casca - Templar - AD NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware of the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Azura’s Star
    Free No CP
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »

    factio locks Is the only way, we can fix this... people hopping sides to pretend we are fighting for something, fixes nothing, except agravate the majoity of players... again if you dont like faction locks, there is alternatives, i cant stress this to many times no matter what, a big portion of the pvp player base aint going to play on a campaign without locks, its never ever going to happen, i rather play on empty server and pull my teeth dooing it, with a blunt spoon...

    So the pop is devided regardless, you cant force me and other to play on a campaign with locks, and if ZOS removes it, ill just unsub again and leave...

    WE DONT WANT TO PLAY WITHOUT LOCKS !


    Do not confuse what the majority wants. The majority has been playing on the main campaign which has been faction open for the last 2 years.The majority doesn't care. The minority cares, and they care one way or the other.

    The majority will only care when the servers get so far out of balance that factions are gated and quit playing the game. We aren't to that point during primetime.

    Let me be clear on this from my stand point. I only play the AD faction so it doesn't affect me. I would only swap over to help long term balance. However, I am against anything that further divides our already small player base and locks people out from playing with their friends on whatever faction they find them.

    Come play AD primetime PC EU. We are gated every evening since factionlock. And now also smallscalers cant switch AD to have some good fights and stur up the map a bit again since they are locked to their main faction.

    Pic of primetime map

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/344573728706920448/583741694613389333/unknown.png
    Edited by FakeZavos on May 30, 2019 11:17PM
    Can't stop playing Founder
    AOE Rats member
    Zerg Squad Officer
    Gentleman Basterds Officer

    EP
    Kankercro - EP - Stamcro - Orc
    Lord Zavøs - EP - Magplar - Breton
    Papa-Zavos - EP - Stamwarden- Imperial
    Zàvós - EP - TankBlade - Lizard
    Darth Zavøs - MagDK - Dark Elf
    Darth Zavos - MagSorc- High Elf
    Stanta Claus - StamSorc- Orc
    Frøstitute - EP - Magwarden - Breton

    AD
    Beam of Death - AD - Magplar - Breton
    Zavøs - AD - Magicka Sorc - High Elf
    Fa Kin Ping - AD - StamSorc - Nord
    Not A Bomber - AD - BombBlade - Lizard
    Pigeons Of Justice - AD - StamWarden - Nord
    I'm Solo - AD - MagWarden - Lizard
    Fakit I'm Gonna Die Anyway - AD - StamDK - Nord
    Brian Wheelchair - AD - Stam/MagNecro - Nord

    DC
    Zãvos - DC - Tankplar - Lizard
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just find it comical how the same people who complain about “adapt” as a response to things, so easily use “adapt” as a response to things.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
Sign In or Register to comment.