The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are the best dyes for black & white?

Farduumkharis

i've done the main quest yet see others with an even better black dye. Do you know what that could be?

&, i know it's subjective, but what is the best white dye?

- TY!!

• Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think "Rank 5 Materials" and "Warrior's Steel" are better black dyes than "Coldharbour Ash Black" because they have a shine to them that looks very nice depending on the piece of gear you're dyeing. When it comes to white dyes, I like "Antique Silver" (has a nice bit of a warmness to it) and "Lamae White".
    Edited by Vermethys on May 29, 2019 1:10AM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭

i've done the main quest yet see others with an even better black dye. Do you know what that could be?

&, i know it's subjective, but what is the best white dye?

- TY!!

Julianos White from completing Aetherian Archive trial achievement and Legate Black from PvP. But be prepared to PvP a lot for the latter. It requires alliance rank of legate to get.Otherwise Coldharbour black is as good as it gets.

(Lots of us only cared about our PvP rank for the dye. Like we care about vMoL for the skin. End game isn't just about the biggest DPS numbers and your name on the leaderboards, despite what one may be led to believe by the forums and streamers. Achievements dyes skins and housing decorations are extrinsic motivators too. Otherwise we have fun playing the harder content for the intrinsic satisfaction of playing well and getting better. )
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos White from completing Aetherian Archive trial achievement and Legate Black from PvP.

Yep, this is the correct answer.

I scoured some of my old screenshots to see if I could find an example of both. Here you go ...

BZV1JbM.png

PhOoG3e.png
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Julianos White and Coldharbour Ash Black, Legate Black is nice, but toooooo dark for me
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)