The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Flawless Dawnbreaker overused?

• SmackNCheese
    SmackNCheese
    ✭✭✭
    Flawless DB is hardly used in PvP (Or only used by pugs) The CC from DBoS is just far too valuable.
    NA Mag Player
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    It’s partially too good and it’s also not any other ults to use. Either way the recent buff was unnecessary. Even if you buff the other ults dawnbreaker will still be better.

FOR THE LAST TIME IT WASNT A BUFF. DBoS was compensated for a big up front damage change due to the DoT portion being spaced out. It is now much less up front burst than it was. If this change was reverted it would be stronger than it is now.

Regardless, the ultimate is still too good and no one in their right mind is passing it up.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flawless DB is hardly used in PvP (Or only used by pugs) The CC from DBoS is just far too valuable.

Gank builds utilize it. Basically +8% damage just slotting it.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »

Gank builds utilize it. Basically +8% damage just slotting it.

Given how few gankers are running about I'd say it is slightly underused but more likely it is just about as used as it should be.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s partially too good and it’s also not any other ults to use. Either way the recent buff was unnecessary. Even if you buff the other ults dawnbreaker will still be better.

FOR THE LAST TIME IT WASNT A BUFF. DBoS was compensated for a big up front damage change due to the DoT portion being spaced out. It is now much less up front burst than it was. If this change was reverted it would be stronger than it is now.

Regardless, the ultimate is still too good and no one in their right mind is passing it up.

Not regardless. Coming into the forums and disseminating false information is very harmful to the game because people don’t bother to double check. They see something that fits their narrative and jump on it. And I still have yet to see anyone explain exactly why they believe it’s OP. I never, ever die to DBoS unless I’ve already made other errors. It does not provide any buffs or debuffs, it’s a cone AoE, it’s blockable, the dot can be purged. All I ever see is people claiming it’s OP with no backup or justification whatsoever beyond it’s used by everyone. But again this has nothing to do with it being OP and has everything to do with there being (aside from leap) all of 0 class ults that work for stamina. If you people get DBoS nerfed stamina classes will have no viable ults aside from maybe the 2H ult. I can’t make this clear enough, just because you might be dying to people using a certain skill, doesn’t mean it’s OP. OP skills don’t take precedent because there’s no other choice, they rise to the top in spite of other choices. Like snipe used to. I can only hope that because the devs balanced DBoS in light of the changes that they understand that it’s in a good spot and don’t listen to people QQing about it.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    My magDk doesn’t use it. So I guess the answer is no.

I even got one thrown on me by a mag sorc, so the answer is yes.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not regardless. Coming into the forums and disseminating false information is very harmful to the game because people don’t bother to double check. They see something that fits their narrative and jump on it. And I still have yet to see anyone explain exactly why they believe it’s OP. I never, ever die to DBoS unless I’ve already made other errors. It does not provide any buffs or debuffs, it’s a cone AoE, it’s blockable, the dot can be purged. All I ever see is people claiming it’s OP with no backup or justification whatsoever beyond it’s used by everyone. But again this has nothing to do with it being OP and has everything to do with there being (aside from leap) all of 0 class ults that work for stamina. If you people get DBoS nerfed stamina classes will have no viable ults aside from maybe the 2H ult. I can’t make this clear enough, just because you might be dying to people using a certain skill, doesn’t mean it’s OP. OP skills don’t take precedent because there’s no other choice, they rise to the top in spite of other choices. Like snipe used to. I can only hope that because the devs balanced DBoS in light of the changes that they understand that it’s in a good spot and don’t listen to people QQing about it.

Relax my guy, people can have different opinions without you getting you’re panties in a bunch.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not has overused has soul assault was, till people realize it can be outblocked
  • Rakno87
    Rakno87
    ✭✭
    Bump this not because Flawless is... well.... flawless. But I think Class Ults need to be re-looked at seriously! With so many changes to the game these need to be refreshed!
    DC Since Launch
    Sardul Singh - Unwavering Stam DK
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't want to see Dawnbreaker messed with. Some classes have horrible ultimates (Templar) and this would be really uncool. It wouldn't bother me as much if aedric spear ultimate wasn't such crab.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dbos is better than every magicka ultimate in the game as well. Even though most class ultimates scale with magicka they still can't compete with dbos for PvP. If you gave every class ultimate a stamina morph all Stam classes would still use dbos instead of their class ultimates. I don't think dbos needs to be nerfed but I'm not going to pretend that it's not outclassing basically every ultimate in the game right now.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums: Nerf alll the things that I die to...

ZoS: K, bye bye incap, dark flare, wings, snipe..good to go!

Ghost of Wrobel: Buff Dawnbreaker...no one uses it...

"Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s be honest if any specific class had dawnbreaker there would be as many nerf posts for it as incap. The fact it’s available to everyone is the only reason it doesn’t get talked about.

Still it’s an aoe, has an aoe cc, up front burst, a dot and does extra damage to undead. Guess you can throw in the fact it passively buffs weapon damage too.

Just because someone acknowledges that it’s too good, doesn’t mean they die to it, that’s an elementary argument. Ever think people might know it’s too good because they regularly use it and know what it’s capable of? A lot of you are biased and think just because you use something it shouldn’t be touched.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah let us nerf damage even more in a tank meta. Stuff still dies too fast.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all I'm talking about either morph and it's just that I always end up slotting it because it's just that over the top.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a bowtard gankblade that I had Flawless Dawnbreaker on the main damage bar of only for the damage increase - I never actually used the ulty. Other than that character, I have never ever used that morph in PvP... so no.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) Most class ultimates suck for stamina.

2) Any ultimate with a quality passive effect like flawless DB or Temporal guard will see a lot of use due to how bar swapping works in general.