Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The only time things that imbalanced get nerfed are when I roll them.

Cathexis
Cathexis
✭✭✭✭✭
Literally the only time things that imbalanced get nerfed are when I roll them and invest time in them. That's it.

I roll a sorc, get it to 50, get it geared, next day shields nerfed.
I roll a NB, get it geared and set up, right as it's playable, invis cloak gets nerfed.
I roll a dk, wings gets nerfed.

And it literally does not matter how much time I wait. I waited months in between rolling characters, never once did they even consider a nerf. PvP balance is straight up fake.

[edited/added title]
Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 28, 2019 6:56PM
The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
Praise Malacath.
  • slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    And what were you hoping this post would accomplish?
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pls make more NBs and Sorcs
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what were you hoping this post would accomplish?

Just calling out the reaking BS. It's weak.
    New players should be aware so they can turn the around now.
    Edited by Cathexis on May 28, 2019 1:24AM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >< (redundant post here)
    Edited by Cathexis on May 28, 2019 6:33AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch, outta OP classes, wtf to do now?

I'm kinda joking, but those 3 are way strong.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they are, why you think I rolled them lol. The whole point is these db's roll up on me with op nb cloakspam or dks that take 0 damage, they should be able to take what they give, but naw, it's all fakes.
    Praise Malacath.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you telling others to not play if only you are getting nerfed? The rest of us are fine since they are clearly targeting you.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

Of course they are, why you think I rolled them lol. The whole point is these db's roll up on me with op nb cloakspam or dks that take 0 damage, they should be able to take what they give, but naw, it's all fakes.

Sounds like a l2p issue.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a l2p issue.

Smells like a faker fakin.
    Edited by Cathexis on May 28, 2019 1:35AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Why are you telling others to not play if only you are getting nerfed? The rest of us are fine since they are clearly targeting you.

Because either I am the only target in which case this game discriminates against specific players, or I'm not in which case you shouldn't put in the time, because this will happen to you too.

I'm either case, it's inadvisable to play.
    Edited by Cathexis on May 28, 2019 1:37AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm cute post bro, shields and wings got buffed and cloak is the same it's been for ages. Please puff, puff, pass that before posting.

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qq
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Hmmm cute post bro, shields and wings got buffed and cloak is the same it's been for ages. Please puff, puff, pass that before posting.

Uh LOL.

When my mag sorc got PvP ready they slapped a 50% health cap on shields. MASSIVE nerf.
    When my stamblade got PvP ready they slapped a 75% timer buff on cloak and made it have a permanent negative mag coefficient. MASSIVE nerf.
    I roll a dk, which can literally face tank like a boss out the gate and they slap a nerf on projectile reflect and make them easy pickings with a sniper. MASSIVE nerf.

Literally every time they are geared and ready they get crippled to some degree for solo play. It's weak as hell.

This *** has nothing to do with a L2P issue.
    Edited by Cathexis on May 28, 2019 1:45AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Qq

Yes that's the name of my Thief, I'm honoured you recognize him.

And as for my attitude I'm not crying, I'm calling out the ***. There's a significant difference and if you understood the idea you might grow a pair.
    Edited by Cathexis on May 28, 2019 1:48AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuffs?
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Can I have your stuffs?

Wow your so original, if you squint hard enough it's like you didn't just see that somewhere and regurgitate it.
    Praise Malacath.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Uh LOL.

When my mag sorc got PvP ready they slapped a 50% health cap on shields. MASSIVE nerf.
    When my stamblade got PvP ready they slapped a 75% timer buff on cloak and made it have a permanent negative mag coefficient. MASSIVE nerf.
    I roll a dk, which can literally face tank like a boss out the gate and they slap a nerf on projectile reflect and make them easy pickings with a sniper. MASSIVE nerf.

Literally every time they are geared and ready they get crippled to some degree for solo play. It's weak as hell.

Apparently it does if you're still struggling. Sorc and dk are strong af with the changes and if you need cloak to survive then...

I'll just leave at that since the forum mods seem to have a *** for me lately.

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ya and cloak is definitely not the same it's been for ages it's 1 second duration now. You have to spam it repeatedly to sustain invisibility.
    Praise Malacath.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs are one of the strongest pvp classes. I suggest taking time trying to learn and play one class well rather then rerolling the fotm.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • DarkerDreams
    DarkerDreams
    ✭✭✭
    If they nerfed a class and you rolled a new character then you did exactly what they wanted you to do. Balanced is a myth they invented in these kinds of games as an excuse to keep shifting the bar. Nerfs and changes are designed to keep people interested and playing more by making them grind for new builds, gear, try new chars, ect...
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Sorcs are one of the strongest pvp classes. I suggest taking time trying to learn and play one class well rather then rerolling the fotm.

I've played sorc since the beginning I know the math just fine and I can tell you that the 50% health cap on shields was the nerf bat equivalent of beating someone's head in.
    If they nerfed a class and you rolled a new character then you did exactly what they wanted you to do. Balanced is a myth they invented in these kinds of games as an excuse to keep shifting the bar. Nerfs and changes are designed to keep people interested and playing more by making them grind for new builds, gear, try new chars, ect...

Yeah and I'm saying, if you are a new player you should not join this game because its straight up rigged as ***.

Uh LOL.

Apparently it does if you're still struggling. Sorc and dk are strong af with the changes and if you need cloak to survive then...

This is not about my capacity to play the class. I can play anything just fine. It's about this rigged as *** *** where anything I roll gets called for nerfs.

This is not the first time or way this *** sort of *** has happened either. Its the same *** where midyear mayhem was introduced the month I took a calculated run at the top leaderboard slot (which I would have overtaken, because my daily turnover on AP was radically higher than the leaderboard and over a 20 day projection I could have done it if the AP bonus didn't skew in favour of more time to play).

It's infuriating!
    Edited by Cathexis on May 28, 2019 2:13AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally the only time things that imbalanced get nerfed are when I roll them and invest time in them. That's it.

I roll a NB, get it geared and set up, right as it's playable, invis cloak gets nerfed.

And it literally does not matter how much time I wait. I waited months in between rolling characters, never once did they even consider a nerf. PvP balance is straight up fake.

Sorc (assuming mag) is one of the best solo class, it has a ton of sustainability even with shield nerf that happened months ago.
    NB is borderline OP if you build it correctly.
    DK got so many buffs this patch.

The 3 classes you listed are really, really strong.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at it this way, if they kept things the same eventually everyone would be running the same builds and it would get boring. Some of my classes are taking a hit on this update and buffs in other areas.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh ya and cloak is definitely not the same it's been for ages it's 1 second duration now. You have to spam it repeatedly to sustain invisibility.

1 second duration? Please learn the class and skills before commenting

I've played sorc since the beginning I know the math just fine and I can tell you that the 50% health cap on shields was the nerf bat equivalent of beating someone's head in.

Yeah and I'm saying, if you are a new player you should not join this game because its straight up rigged as ***.

Uh LOL.

This is not about my capacity to play the class. I can play anything just fine. It's about this rigged as *** *** where anything I roll gets called for nerfs.

This is not the first time or way this *** sort of *** has happened either. Its the same *** where midyear mayhem was introduced the month I took a calculated run at the top leaderboard slot (which I would have overtaken, because my daily turnover on AP was radically higher than the leaderboard and over a 20 day projection I could have done it). It's infuriating!

Don't get wrong, I think it sucks that after almost 5 years they still have absolutely no clue about their game and still make drastic changes that make no sense, but it's always been like that. Unfortunately we can't force them to learn the game or give af about their loyal customers that have been dealing with these problems for years.

All I can say is adapt, play multiple classes, or move on. Zos has made it clear that they do not care about loyal customers and they would rather create new content for new customers instead of having a working product that would earn them tenfold $$$ with new customers and keeping the old ones.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have 3 more characters to roll and then you will be fine.

If changes to one skill ruin your day then I do suggest you avoid playing MMORPGs and they constantly make changes to skills.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc (assuming mag) is one of the best solo class, it has a ton of sustainability even with shield nerf that happened months ago.

The upward capacity of a class and its overall comparative play strength are two separate issues and have completely different implications.

Uh LOL.

This is not the first time or way this *** sort of *** has happened either. Its the same *** where midyear mayhem was introduced the month I took a calculated run at the top leaderboard slot (which I would have overtaken, because my daily turnover on AP was radically higher than the leaderboard and over a 20 day projection I could have done it). It's infuriating!

Don't get wrong, I think it sucks that after almost 5 years they still have absolutely no clue about their game and still make drastic changes that make no sense, but it's always been like that. Unfortunately we can't force them to learn the game or give af about their loyal customers that have been dealing with these problems for years.

All I can say is adapt, play multiple classes, or move on. Zos has made it clear that they do not care about loyal customers and they would rather create new content for new customers instead of having a working product that would earn them tenfold $$$ with new customers and keeping the old ones.

I can post a screenshot, my magblade and stamblade cloak is 1s. Now maybe it may have to do with a changed leveling progression of the skill relative to the cast duration, but it's completely hamstrung their sustainable cloak at their level and has essentially borked my entire calculation and trajectory.

And maybe it would be fine if it weren't always timed in such a way that it exactly sabotages the intent. And it's always convenient timing, it's always when they enter a competitive stage of development, as if cloak hadn't been called for nerfs for years. Years. They never touched it, actual years it has been over the top overpowered, and never struck as an issue until now.
    Edited by Cathexis on May 28, 2019 2:41AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Show me where on the doll the class balancing devs touched you....
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The upward capacity of a class and its overall comparative play strength are two separate issues and have completely different implications.

Uh LOL.

I can post a screenshot, my magblade and stamblade cloak is 1s. Now maybe it may have to do with a changed leveling progression of the skill relative to the cast duration, but it's completely hamstrung their sustainable cloak at their level and has essentially borked my entire calculation and trajectory.

Please post then, last I checked it was 3 seconds and increased with each piece of heavy armor. Shouldn't need more than that to get out of danger. Personally I use the heal morph though, always felt cheesy hiding in a fight.

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show me where on the doll the class balancing devs touched you....

Lol :( ugh I have tried to be neutral and as sympathetic to devs as possible in recent days but just the constant sabotage is exhausting and I've hit my limit with it I think.

Uh LOL.

Please post then, last I checked it was 3 seconds and increased with each piece of heavy armor. Shouldn't need more than that to get out of danger. Personally I use the heal morph though, always felt cheesy hiding in a fight.

Give me some time I will.

VV See below, image quality is poor but its enough you can see its 1 second @ rank 3 now with no passive. It's unusable, and I understand that that is not at full capacity, for the trajectory I have been working with and its intent it's entirely impractical.

edit; this link is clearer.
    https://ibb.co/v1WzmTJ
    Edited by Cathexis on May 28, 2019 3:06AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    v1WzmTJ]Screenshot-20190527-225316.jpg
    Praise Malacath.
This discussion has been closed.