The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[MAIN STORY SPOILERS] Who did you sacrifice for the good of all?

• VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    Well Abnur was of course needed for the spell, surprise surprise. We wouldn't be facing this mess with unleashed Dragons if it wasn't for him, uchum. -_- Such an Abnur Tharn move, anyways.

Lyris, I just liked her to much. Especially when she punches Tharn. xD Ahh that always makes me laugh.

I couldn't bring myself to sacrifice Varen (the voice actor played Dumbledore! :0 ). Varen was the Emperor, he has read at least one Elder Scroll. Who knows what knowledge he has, what secrets he knows. I considered Varen to valuable, to important to sacrifice. Though one could argue it would have been a mercy to sacrifice him. Or that this was kind of all his mess for trusting Mannimarco in the first place. Regardless I couldn't sacrifice Varen. Besides he was voiced by the actor who played Dumbledore in Harry Potter. I couldn't bring myself to sacrifice Dumbledore, or someone with his voice. Just nooooooooo. Dx :(

Sai Sahan on the other hand...nah. He was kind of plain and uninteresting. My only regret is that I tore apart a couple, but it was for the greater good!
    Edited by VDoom1 on February 8, 2019 8:53PM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:47PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    Varen, can't have any old emperors knocking about who could contest my rule.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    I chose Varen on my main and I doubt I'll choose anyone else on my alts: he is the cause for all this mess with his attempt to become a dragonborn
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    On my first playthrough I chose Varen for all the reasons already mentioned (he botched it, he was willing to make amends etc.), but in all my later runs I chose Lyris.

Nords just happen to be my least favorite ES race.
    I just don't like their looks, their habits, their way of going about stuff... all the drinking and smelling ... um, no. Not for me, thanks.

Well, I actually played two Nord characters once, one in Daggerfall (the game, not the city) and one in Morrowind (the game, not the country), but none of them was my main.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    Sai Sahan, because I wanted his sword. Back when I first did this years ago that sword was one of the better ones in the game.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    Out of his foolishness. Thousand innocent people died and were tortured in Coldharbour , his sacrifice was only choice for me.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather sacrifice Abnur Tharn but it wasn't an option
    I have always sacrificed Varen because they lead us to believe that he is ultimately responsible for the situation we are in. He has lived for a long time and can't see. He feels a lot of guilt and I think he's miserable. He really wanted to be dragonborn but got something else entirely. He's old and tired and ready to die.

It would be really hard to kill Lyris or Sai because there is some inference that they have feelings for each other. Killing one could effectively kill them both (one in spirit) if they are in love. And they are both victims just like you are supposed to be. They are still young enough to be energetic and healthy. There is a lot of good that they could both do in the world.

I would kill Abnur Tharn in a heartbeat if I could. He is very entertaining and powerful, but he's just such an a$$hole! He's always rude and makes it very obvious that he believes himself to be above you and everybody else. He only joins your side to save his own a$$ and doesn't believe he has ever done anything wrong. Not to mention his daughter, who isn't part of the main story but is a chip off the old block. She's a selfish and overpriveleged leader with no care for her people. He raised her. His snarky attitude was entertaining but he was ultimately unlikable and, in my opinion, unreedeemable.

So, yeah, I've always sacrificed Varen because in my mind he's the best choice.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather sacrifice Abnur Tharn but it wasn't an option
    You all killed Dumbledore?

Heartless monsters.

Avada Kedavra!
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    Always Lyris. Can't stand her.

Actually not always. One of my characters sacrificed Sai so that Lyris would have to live without him.
    Ps4 EU
  • Myrkgrav
    Myrkgrav
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    Anyone who breaks up the love between Lyris and Sai is a monster tbh
    It's Varen's fault anyway just accept you aren't dragonborn FOOL
    Morty | ♂ | @morti_macabre | PC NA | EST
    Member of Knights of the Sanguine, Sheogorath's Mortals & Sword Coast Traders
  • warabi
    warabi
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Varen - he's the one who trusted a necromancer in the first place. Also it gets very tiring to be called Vestige all the time. I've got a name for a reason, is it that hard to use it?

It always puzzled me why he decided to trust a necromancer and then sounded so surprised when got betrayed by Mannimarco.

I don't recall exactly what he says later in the main questline, but he basically said he was blinded by selfish ambition.

Anyway, Varen was the obvious choice. I find it a bit irritating they presented a pointless choice at all since now we won't get to see Sai or Lyris in any future content and I liked them both a lot. Tharn was a fun character, so at least he's popped up again.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    Always her.
  • Cambion2401
    Cambion2401
    ✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    I didn't like Lyris that much as a character. She way too typical in her reactions, choices en behaviour. Either a stereotype stong/warrior hero, or a stereotype emotional breakdown for a stereotype stong/warrior hero. I felt the others had more dept in their personality/character design, even if it was just a bit. I liked Abnur because of that, his personality was the most unusual of the group for an ally with the "heroic" player.

Although her in-game deeds didn't make her deserve to be chosen at that point, I sacrificed her as a way to get rid of her as I felt the other characters where way more interesting :#
    Edited by Cambion2401 on May 23, 2019 11:00AM
    Started ESO: February 2015
    99% solo PvE'er
    PC-EU
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    Because he waited until I was half way back to davons watch before calling me back to the harborage.

Every single time.

Screw that guy.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    After sacrificing Sai sahan first time and seeing how upset Lyris was ...the guilt almost killed me ...I eventually made up for it by choosing Varen after that on all my other characters. I've never looked back.
    Edited by wishlist14 on May 25, 2019 11:03AM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    Never liked him
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    Lyris was next close to the sacrificial table.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    On my first and main char this dude=, lairs need a fitting punishment
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    Well Abnur was of course needed for the spell, surprise surprise. We wouldn't be facing this mess with unleashed Dragons if it wasn't for him, uchum. -_- Such an Abnur Tharn move, anyways.

Lyris, I just liked her to much. Especially when she punches Tharn. xD Ahh that always makes me laugh.

I couldn't bring myself to sacrifice Varen (the voice actor played Dumbledore! :0 ). Varen was the Emperor, he has read at least one Elder Scroll. Who knows what knowledge he has, what secrets he knows. I considered Varen to valuable, to important to sacrifice. Though one could argue it would have been a mercy to sacrifice him. Or that this was kind of all his mess for trusting Mannimarco in the first place. Regardless I couldn't sacrifice Varen. Besides he was voiced by the actor who played Dumbledore in Harry Potter. I couldn't bring myself to sacrifice Dumbledore, or someone with his voice. Just nooooooooo. Dx :(

Sai Sahan on the other hand...nah. He was kind of plain and uninteresting. My only regret is that I tore apart a couple, but it was for the greater good!

So much this! When I first chose the sacrifice playing eso back then, I didn't really see much of character in Sai. They were plain and boring imo. I'd rather pick Abnur Tharn, but it wasn't an option, and Dumbledore needed to live, because of knowledge and.. Dumbledore! xD

I would have spared Sai if the devs had have given them better character development and a more interesting personality, but they never impacted me, same with Lyris and Molag Bal to be honest.

It's a big plot-hole if they decide to bring one of the sacrifices back from the dead after letting the playerbase decide who lives and who.. dies, even a bigger hole in the story than bringing the Wyverns ("dragons") back to tamriel.
    -
    Edited by Craziux on June 10, 2019 2:37AM
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    Varen, best for him to go out like Martin did.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios
    Varen. He was old anyway, and Lyris and Sai seemed to be getting along rather well together.

I'm glad to be part of the majority on this one - phew!