The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP: What’s made the biggest impact?

Reverb
Reverb
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The actual answer is “it’s too early to tell” but I’d like to get a gauge of people’s early impressions. Now that we’re a few days into this patch, which change has made the biggest difference in Cyrodiil?
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

PvP: What’s made the biggest impact? 35 votes

Faction Lock
34%
TelelAixyYukeBeardimusKadoinJurand80GothrockNerftheforumsMatthrosAhtuamelagentLybal 12 votes
Volendrung
42%
rileynotzb14_ESOElongdsalterdtsharplesReverbKr3dosusmitdsKappaKid83J18696Fur_like_snowCoggoEdoKeledusEliteWarriornsmurferP3x 15 votes
Imperial City separation
11%
akray21Emma_OverloadAznoxJadonSky 4 votes
Necromancer
11%
AhPook_Is_HereAedarylfullheartcontainerIskiab 4 votes
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    The actual answer is “it’s too early to tell”

So much this that I'm not willing to vote : P

IC separation hopefully leads to a big impact to IC, but I don't really foresee it being noticeable in overland Cyro.

Faction lock isn't as big a deal as either it's detractors or it's acolytes claim, imo.

I want more details on the duration of Volendrung--so far it seems like it just makes off-hours PvDoor a cinch for whoever gets it, but I'm not sold on it's use during prime, or it's nominal use as an anti-emp mechanic.

Necros probably have had the biggest impact so far, as population is low while people level : P
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction Lock
    Faction lock. All the best players went EP. I also think that with the release of a new chapter, casual players are not in Cyrodiil as much yet.
    Edited by Ahtu on May 22, 2019 1:12PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zergs
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To early. Come back after a month
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Removing the ability to siege roofs of cathedral keeps.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Removing the ability to siege roofs of cathedral keeps.

A tragic loss :(
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    no post global cooldown. weaving swallow soul feels pretty good now
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volendrung
    I think it's to early to tell either the faction locks have Put ep into the higher population faction or ad and dc just are not pvping and are still grinding necros and gear the weapon so far has been a meme the biggest faction just zergs it runs around knocking walls down and fighting people 20v1 with it
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    what really made a difference was that 1 week last event when people went to quest in towns...people that usually play in the faction zerg were spread all over the map - no lag, no hiding and pew pew bow spamming from behind walls, they actually had to fight for their life.
    Edited by TriangularChicken on May 23, 2019 6:04AM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Necro is breathing new life into pvp
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    I would say nightblade changes. But they can't nerf me.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Faction lock. All the best players went EP. I also think that with the release of a new chapter, casual players are not in Cyrodiil as much yet.

-NOT ALL
    -Many do not want to play in the lag because some guilds want to run 48 spaming springs all in one spot when the servers cant handle it.
    -Many of the decent players avoid these huge groups not because they fear them. They want to be able to play the game which mean they want to bar switch and use abilities. Many simply logg off when we see many of the EP zerg guilds log on. Good players will not play in lag.
    Edited by Durham on May 24, 2019 4:51PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pun intended?
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

Pun intended?

I mean, if I didn't, you think it would have RIPed?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American