The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Movement Speed Bug

Eormenric
Eormenric
✭✭✭
I am getting this bug all the time with the Boneyard morph (Unnerving Boneyard). Here is what I experience for others to share their account:

I find the ability is unstable in group settings (dungeon parties of 4 and even participating solo in dragon encounters with other players). This ability will simply not cast when other abilities are able to be used. Once the ability finally is able to be cast, your character will incur what feels like an 80% movement speed reduction. The only way to remove the effect is to die or relog.

This issue is near-identical to a 2014 bug in this forum thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/64759/my-character-is-permanently-walking-running-slowly-after-main-story-quest

Perhaps it is this ability or server issues with the launch. Having just ran Spindleclutch I with a group, even non-Elsweyr locations can cause this. (There was a second Necromancer in the party, but they did not use this spell to my knowledge.)

Thanks.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm. Run in the same bug. I fight some bears in bangkorai. Now i can run only slow. pressing my fast run key has no effect. I see only that my commandbar is gray out. Also using my mount has no effect, it runs also slow.

Reloadui dont help. Going in a delve or zone change remove the bug.
    Edited by Thunderclap on May 23, 2019 2:28PM
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frequently getting the constant slow after npc cc. Only logging out or death seems to fix it. Rather annoying I have to say.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the same problem. Had it happen to me in one of the delves in Elsweyr, a delve in The Rift, and also out in the Overland in The Rift throughout the day yesterday. Holding shift will give me a teeny tiny small boost forward and then back to super slow a half second later. I have to relog to fix or port out of wherever I am.

I'm also having the abilities not firing bug. I had a friend tell me I might be light attack weaving too fast, buuuut if I'm hammering the Life amid Death ability on a glowing corpse, end up giving up and try to use Illustrious Healing instead with it still not doing ANYTHING, swapping bars and attempting Ricochet Skull with no luck I don't think light attacks are the problem.

And another thing I've been getting is the character running with weapon through head bug almost nonstop since Elsweyr dropped. Character runs like they don't realize they're holding a weapon and it just bobs through their head. Reequipping your weapon will fix it for a little bit, but it always comes back.
    PC NA
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the bug yesterday on my Necro toon, do not have Boneyard on my bar, but am stuck in slow walk and mount run is slow. Got so frustrated after logging off and then back on....quitting game completely and logging back in, and doing /stuck. I ended up quitting the game because this is ridiculous. Got in game just now and went to my Necro toon and I CAN'T EVEN MOUNT. I get the message "You cannot mount right now." This is happening right after I logged in and I haven't done anything but collect my daily reward.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please help! I can't even play my new Necromancer.
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on May 23, 2019 7:51PM
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »
    I get the same problem. Had it happen to me in one of the delves in Elsweyr, a delve in The Rift, and also out in the Overland in The Rift throughout the day yesterday. Holding shift will give me a teeny tiny small boost forward and then back to super slow a half second later. I have to relog to fix or port out of wherever I am.

I'm also having the abilities not firing bug. I had a friend tell me I might be light attack weaving too fast, buuuut if I'm hammering the Life amid Death ability on a glowing corpse, end up giving up and try to use Illustrious Healing instead with it still not doing ANYTHING, swapping bars and attempting Ricochet Skull with no luck I don't think light attacks are the problem.

And another thing I've been getting is the character running with weapon through head bug almost nonstop since Elsweyr dropped. Character runs like they don't realize they're holding a weapon and it just bobs through their head. Reequipping your weapon will fix it for a little bit, but it always comes back.
    PC NA

This is not from light attack weaving "too fast", otherwise we would have seen this pop up throughout the years. Some abilities will just stop being able to fire off and with the expansion launch, something from that event is causing it.

Hopefully we get this figured out quick! I've since stopped using Boneyard and haven't had a single issue.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting @Eormenric , although I've had this on classes other than necromancers.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, confirming we've seen this thread and are investigating.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    It's a recurring bug, all classes are affected. To fix it, light/heavy attack a target.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this slowness bug so many times in Imperial City CP enabled. I'm a mag sorc and my walking is incredibly slow. Sometimes it fixes itself (heavy attack, dying, etc.), sometimes I have to change zones/relog.

Just an example - One time I got it was - we killed enemy players and NPCs (playing solo with others, but not in the group), I got some telvars and after that I was painfully slow.

PC EU.

Edited by maboleth on May 24, 2019 6:35PM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now this got to the point that almost every single kill of NPCs at IC ends with me being slow. :( At least until I use light/heavy attack.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug happens in wrathstone too. Sprinting causes your character to move even slower in this "snared" state.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CristiC wrote: »
    It's a recurring bug, all classes are affected. To fix it, light/heavy attack a target.

Yea, I'm walking slow-mo all the time on sorc. Sure-way to trigger it, barswap in the middle of resto heavy attack. In order to get normal speed back, I have to swap back to resto and "finish" the heavy attack. I don't need target, just heavy into the air works, but light doesn't, neither does light/heavy with destro (if bug triggered on resto).
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also noticed that while you're slowed down, picking items and looting is delayed, meaning there's no option to loot for some time.
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep this suck mount is also slow only way to break it is kill something.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also continuously getting this game breaking bug.

ZOS, please fix with due haste, thank you!
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing a healer in dungeons is seriously affected by this bug too. Slowed all the time.
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this bug get fix soon i cant even pvp with this BUG.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Graveyard also very often locks my whole skill bar. Can’t cast anything then, only a dodge roll fixes it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please bump this bug to the devs. It's so annoying and it's happening everywhere, PVE, PVP... you name it. :)

Pretty please with moon sugar on top. <3
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening, Still infuriating.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah not fix. very uncool to lock off each dragon fight. ;/ What a "great" gaming experience. ;/
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah in pvp and going a t a crawls pace....only way to sort it is to die.....then have to ride all the way back to where i was....not really fun.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy attack even without a target usually fixes this.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that this also prevents looting. You need to wait a bit after this for an object to be interactable.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to exist in cc/snare, so far I've only experienced it in Delves/Dungeons here is a video that captures this issue:

https://youtu.be/KhY2mekbScM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this? @ZOS_GinaBruno Have any of the fixes from 5.0.7 got this fixed as well?

I'm counting on "Ground targeted abilities will now work after weapon swapping while still channeling a Lightning or Restoration Staff heavy attack." though I haven't tried it yet.
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    I have also noticed that while you're slowed down, picking items and looting is delayed, meaning there's no option to loot for some time.

The fix or new ESO 'feature' lol that I've discovered for looting without waiting is to bring up my inventory screen & close it - then I'm able to collect loot.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this bug is still there. Now it usually only lasts a few seconds, and seems to be triggered by casting ground targeted abilities, bar swapping, AND killing an enemy.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, hopefully they will be able to fix it next week or so. This is the only bug I experience that makes the gameplay a bit frustrating.