The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

As a returning player, what should I buy?

his_emailb16_ESO
his_emailb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi there, I have the Imperial pack from launch and I'd like to return to the game. That said, I'd like to have access to everything, including Elsweyr (I'm on PC). Do I need to buy the monthly sub, the expansion, or both?

Thank you.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need Elsweyr. Then either ESO+ or buy each DLC as you like. Up to you what you prefer.
  • his_emailb16_ESO
    his_emailb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    mague wrote: »
    You need Elsweyr. Then either ESO+ or buy each DLC as you like. Up to you what you prefer.

so elsweyr doesnt come with (example) a month of ESO+ or access to the previous DLC (ie summerset)?
    Edited by his_emailb16_ESO on May 24, 2019 9:27AM
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to buy Elsweyr separately, it's not included in ESO+ until next year. The rest ist Incl.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • his_emailb16_ESO
    his_emailb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ok cool, thanks for your help
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long it is since you last played?
    I'd suggest starting with a single month sub, that gives you access to Morrowind, Summerset and all the DLCs (in other words, everything besides Elsweyr) to see how much the game changed and if you still like it.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe if you buy Elsweyr before June 4th it will actually give you Morrowind and Summerset content as well, then it would only be specifically DLC which you would need.

That would either come from ESO Plus and monthly payments for access or via individual purchases from the Crown Store.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • his_emailb16_ESO
    his_emailb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    albesca wrote: »
    How long it is since you last played?
    I'd suggest starting with a single month sub, that gives you access to Morrowind, Summerset and all the DLCs (in other words, everything besides Elsweyr) to see how much the game changed and if you still like it.

LIterally launch, first few months. I'm particularly interested in the Necromancer, tho

• albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I believe if you buy Elsweyr before June 4th it will actually give you Morrowind and Summerset content as well, then it would only be specifically DLC which you would need.

That would either come from ESO Plus and monthly payments for access or via individual purchases from the Crown Store.

I just checked the store, and if I'm not mistaken only the digital collector's edition full game includes the previous chapters (the 79.99 €, one), the other versions (non collector's full game and the upgrades) don't.
    LIterally launch, first few months. I'm particularly interested in the Necromancer, tho

Assuming you aren't interested in the bonus content (and plan to subscribe to eso+ in the foreseeable future) you could buy the Elsweyr digital upgrade for 39.99€ (gives you access to Elsweyr and necromancer class, but not previous chapters nor DLCs) and gain access to the latter when you sub
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you