The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

So incaps new silence perk can be cc broken. Why not just leave it as a stun then?

Shadowasrial
Shadowasrial
✭✭✭✭✭
I mean honestly if your going to remove the stun and allow the silence to be broken then why even bother it’s essentially the same thing if your stunned you can’t use skills anyways. This would have been more useful against both mag and stam at this point. Personally the incap as it is live is still the most balanced and useful for across the board fights vs any other class. Either you have the stamina to cc break or you don’t. If they are going to make the silence be broken they they should return the major defile. Seeing as whether it’s a stun or a silence if you don’t cc break it accomplishes the same thing.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B/c stun would also hurt stamina builds and ZOS just loves the stamina builds
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    B/c stun would also hurt stamina builds and ZOS just loves the stamina builds

I’m a stamina build and even I would prefer the stun as opposed to the silence
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stun or silence is the same thing when you can cc break the silence. Only difference is that stam classes can choose to just shrug it off for 3 seconds like we do with the negate magic skill
    Edited by Shadowasrial on May 15, 2019 7:40PM
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also let’s not forget the huge nerf to the befoul champion tree. That nerf alone would have brought incap down considerably so they should at least leave major defile on incap
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stun or silence is the same thing when you can cc break the silence. Only difference is that stam classes can choose to just shrug it off for 3 seconds like we do with the negate magic skill

Not really the same if it only affects one spec while doing nothing to the other.

The stun is the right choice, I still don't understand why they take it away
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There's another difference. Silence works on blocking targets. So if a mag build blocks the new incap, they still have to CC break afterwards. Whereas they didn't before.
    EU | PC | AD
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But.. if they hold block, and assuming you have the ability slotted, you could also just use Fear instead.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silence also allows you to move while stun doesn't.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because if it's not broke, ZoS will 'fix' it.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Because if it's not broke, ZoS will 'fix' it.

this ^
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine spending 5 weeks of pts to balance 1 spell instead of upcoming new class and then reverting back to how it was before. Sounds like a wasted effort, right? Oh, wait...
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Xogath
    Xogath
    ✭✭✭
    Because people cry about being stunned by a cheap ultimate in melee range when ranged stuns exist that cost zero ultimate and hit like a truck to boot.

And are also instant/free to cast 33% of the time.

Imagine that.

Oh, that and they don't like being bad touched by Stealth players since they can't be bothered to build around countering it.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xogath wrote: »
    Because people cry about being stunned by a cheap ultimate in melee range when ranged stuns exist that cost zero ultimate and hit like a truck to boot.

Imagine that.

Oh, that and they don't like being bad touched by Stealth players since they can't be bothered to build around countering it.

What is this ability you speak of? @Xogath
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silence on Incap is one of ZOS' decisions that should just be reverted but won't for reasons of some strange developer codex or huge egos or whatever.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have tested the Incap Silence last night and it can it not be purged with immovability potions.

Edited by Dracane on May 20, 2019 8:37AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited by Dracane on May 20, 2019 7:26AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk why they left the silence. I am nb main (played all, stam, mag, hybrid). This is wierd change, and literally no1 (both nb and non-nb mains) wanted it.
    It limits usege of this ulti to a very narrow type of build. Also I am pretty sure that it wont work in PvE on mobs and bosses.
    So it is purely for PvP. It just feels wrong.

Imho all they should have done to incap (if this single target dodgeable & blockable ulti was OP to begin with) was to replace major defile with minor defile.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 20, 2019 7:39AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Imagine that.

Frags got nerfed long time ago...
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Imagine that.

Imagine not having played the game for a year, not knowing what you're talking about and still thinking you can come up with clever quips on balance.

Imagine that.

Edited by Maulkin on May 20, 2019 8:57AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the combat team (seems?) has half a working brain in all the 3 people working there, so making an amazing ult into an extremely *** one is an amazing idea. It's easy, you just need to understand the monkeys that are throwing the balls of *** at you.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Imagine that.

Suuuurree it did

lx0owrnnp68d.jpg

If thats a nerf, it didn't go far enough
    Edited by Katahdin on May 20, 2019 12:51PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

Imagine that.

Suuuurree it did

lx0owrnnp68d.jpg

Imagine struggling with reading comprehension so much, that you quote a post talking about Crystal Frags and respond with a screenshot of Crystal Blast.

Imagine that.

PS. I like this post format, I think I'll keep it.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Imagine that.

Suuuurree it did

lx0owrnnp68d.jpg

Imagine struggling with reading comprehension so much, that you quote a post talking about Crystal Frags and respond with a screenshot of Crystal Blast.

Imagine that.

Crystal blast has always been viewed as the weaker of the two by far. Frags does every bit of that damage and more.

Yes I have a mag sorc and have done that kind of damage and higher in Cyrodiil
    Edited by Katahdin on May 20, 2019 1:11PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Imagine that.

Suuuurree it did

lx0owrnnp68d.jpg

Imagine that.

Crystal blast has always been viewed as the weaker of the two by far. Frags does every bit of that damage and more.

Yes I have a mag sorc and have done that kind of damage and higher in Cyrodiil

If crystal blast hits you that hard you have a problem with your build on top of a L2P issue. Crystal blast shouldn't even hit you.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Imagine that.

Stupid Nerf

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Imagine that.

Suuuurree it did

lx0owrnnp68d.jpg

FRAGS!!!!

ccjw2ed9p0tu.png

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Imagine that.

Suuuurree it did

lx0owrnnp68d.jpg

FRAGS!!!!

ccjw2ed9p0tu.png

FRAGS are next! Bye sorcs!
    Edited by Wuuffyy on May 22, 2019 7:39PM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip eso, players literally have more knowledge on the game than devs.