The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Update 22 - Feedback Thread for Guild Finder

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Guild Finder system. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Guild Listing (Guild Leaders)
    • Did you encounter any issues listing your guild?
    • Do you feel like you can effectively advertise your guild with the listing features provided?
    • Are there any additional ways you would like to advertise your guild?
    • If you received any applications:
      • Is there any additional information you’d like to see about the applicant?
      • Did you encounter any issues with responding to applications?
    • Did you test what happens when an applicant is blacklisted?
  • Guild Finder (applicants)
    • Did you feel like you can effectively find the types of guilds you'd look for on the Live servers?
    • Are there any additional kinds of guilds you'd like to find?
    • Did any of the results not make sense based on your filters?
    • Did you have any issues filling out an application?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you encounter any issues listing your guild?
    No.
    I filled the relevant information and I approved one application to join my guild.

Do you feel like you can effectively advertise your guild with the listing features provided?
    Yes.

Are there any additional ways you would like to advertise your guild?
    You can add the following options: Dueling, training for PVP, training for PVE.

If you received any applications:
    Is there any additional information you’d like to see about the applicant?
    There is too much information, achievement points shouldn't always be visible, it is invasive and useless.

Did you encounter any issues with responding to applications?
    No.
    I accepted one application.

Did you test what happens when an applicant is blacklisted?
    No.

Guild Finder (applicants)
    Did you feel like you can effectively find the types of guilds you'd look for on the Live servers?
    This tool is very powerful and helps to find the right guild a lot faster than zone chat.

Are there any additional kinds of guilds you'd like to find?
    1.Dueling.
    2.training for PVP.
    3.training for PVE.

Did any of the results not make sense based on your filters?
    No.
    Though I noticed I can't search for my own guild.

Did you have any issues filling out an application?
    Yes.
    There is too much information, achievement points shouldn't always be visible, it is invasive and useless.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Edited by Universe on April 16, 2019 11:42AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Listing (Guild Leaders)
    • Did you encounter any issues listing your guild?
      No, not at all.
    • Do you feel like you can effectively advertise your guild with the listing features provided?
      Currently yes, but I do worry what will happen when we have so many more guilds added to the system - how will guilds keep from being pushed to the bottom?
    • Are there any additional ways you would like to advertise your guild?
      Not really.
    • Other Feedback:
      I liked the guild link ability
      Any chance we could get a housing category rather than just an activity? There are multiple housing guilds.
    • If you received any applications:
    • Is there any additional information you’d like to see about the applicant?
      It would be awesome to be able to tailor our applications to the guild. Especially for an RP guild, it'd be really nice.
    • Did you encounter any issues with responding to applications?
      Nope
    • Did you test what happens when an applicant is blacklisted?
      Yes. It worked.
    • Did you feel like you can effectively find the types of guilds you'd look for on the Live servers?
      Not really - I do a lot of RPing, and it seems to just lump all RP guilds together when someone who plays a vampire probably doesn't want to join some sort of cult of stendar. While it's not a big deal now, WOW had a guild finder and the glut of guilds made it nigh impossible to find anything specific.
    • Are there any additional kinds of guilds you'd like to find?
      Newbie friendly. While these are mostly social guilds, several guilds listed in live zone chat specifically mention they are newbie friendly/geared towards beginner players.
    • Did any of the results not make sense based on your filters?
      Nope
    • Did you have any issues filling out an application?
      512 characters are too few for an application - is there a reason we can't go with the 700 that we get for the mail? Otherwise, no.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed they lacked a housing and crafting guild option. I have seen a lot of guild with that focus. Also was roleplay an option?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RP was an option. I just want more filters XD
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild was not found on the same day as listed. About 24hours later one member found the guild form the finder.

Do you feel like you can effectively advertise your guild with the listing features provided?
    Yes

Some category on "new players welcome" would be appreciated

Would be great to see which role the applicant plays/applies for. Achievement points seems unnecessary to have in the application.

No

No

Did you feel like you can effectively find the types of guilds you'd look for on the Live servers?
    You will need name search on live. All the options are great but there will still be thousands of guilds to browse through

Newcomer friendly

No

No

Would be great if the people in the guild could also see the listing. I also love that we can link our guild to chat!
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. So far nobody can see my guild listed in the guild finder, no matter what criteria I choose for listing it.

Yes, if my guild would show up in the list I feel like it is at least a good start.

None that I can think of right now.

What are the "roles" for in the guild listing options? I can't figure out why I would or wouldn't highlight any or all of them. I understand what they mean for groups, but what do they have to do with a whole guild?
    Edited by static_recharge on April 19, 2019 3:17AM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If people actually list their Guilds then yes. The main issue I see is people not listing their Guilds for whatever reason, but it's a moot point since you can't force anyone to list their Guild if they don't want to. It's also moot since there will likely be scores of people listing their Guilds to drum up more members once this hits live.

Everything seems covered, so nope.

I only searched for RP Guilds, and while a few were wonky, I only got them because they had RP as one of their Activity types.

No, but then again my application message is short and I only applied to one Guild so far for testing purposes.

I would like to see perhaps sub-categories added for certain Activities. For Dungeons/Trials, perhaps an option for (Vet) could be a sub-category. For RP there are a slew you could add, but to keep it simple you could group them together such as Military, Supernatural, Political, Noble, General. It would help people searching for a specific RP type to find what they're looking for easier.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • redmoonga
    redmoonga
    ✭✭✭

No, it seemed to be intuitive and a well laid out / fast format.

No, like others I feel players will click a few options they would like without drilling down on the research and be flooded by the results. I don't see a way that any guild could stand out and I don't see much of a pattern to the search order. I would be nice if a person were to select trade guild it was then subdivided by the amount they think they will sell in a week. A person who wants to unload green recipes will not be happy in a large trade guild and they will not be happy with them. If it had even a few divisions, it would help sort the above list as well. Guild ranks (sorted by sales) for trade guilds would also help. I'm sure there are metrics to be used for PVP guilds as well. (kills perhaps?) Members can read what is advertised right now, they have to submit their information. I think it's only fair that guilds should have a few metrics displayed (and sortable). (Want the top listing? Earn it.)

- Custom Tabard design
    - Guild rankings for the finder
    - Able to link the guild hall / crafting hall (for preview perhaps if not able to drop them in as visitors)
    - Build in hotkey to be able to travel to a guilds designated guild hall
    - Able to outfit / change features on the kiosk npc over time the kiosk is held, updating the kiosk surrounds

Not unless there is a way to see how often a player is active (activity meter, was the last time this person online 15 days ago, or 1?)

No, very smooth. I liked how when the request was accepted, it automatically joined them to the guild. That will allow better roster control and not have floating invites while the guild is full. :)

I did not.

@Redmoonga, GM of Black Dragon Apothecary - Wayrest (PC - NA)
    Be a Dragon, always be a Dragon.
    http://tiny.cc/dragonscore
    UKKdCvd for Discord Invite
    Edited by redmoonga on April 26, 2019 6:44PM
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I was not able to see the listing from among the other guild listings as someone looking for a guild would see it. I would like to be able to see it so I can make sure it looks good.

The only minor issue was trying to categorize the guild as casual, hardcore, or balanced. It's kind of a fuzzy area and subjective. I think it would be better have those adjectives describe the kind of players the guild is looking for to join and be able to include all 1, 2 or all 3 options so the guild can choose the kind of players they want to attract. The same can be done with those searching for a guild. Say they don't want any guild that has hardcore in their options, they can filter those guilds out even if they have chosen all 3. I may consider the guild to be generally casual but I don't want to only attract casual players for example. As a trade guild I won't want high volume sellers to filter out my guild simply because the guild is casual-friendly and they are only looking for guilds under the "hardcore" category.

The description section is large and great for adding our own details. Well done. Things that could be added is "Does guild have a crafting center?" " Does it have all kinds of craft stations? all the current available sets? All mundus's? does it have target dummies? and assistants?"

can't think of any right now. I am not trying to judge new members before they come into the guild though others might want to do that and have good reason to.

I really don't know which add-ons are not working properly because of the guild finder. A lot of them are simply not working on the pts because they have not been updated or for other reasons so most are disabled.

Not yet.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comment on 5.0.2:

"Full guilds will no longer appear in the Guild Finder search results."

While not the intended purpose of Guild Finder, it can also be used to get information about prospective guilds that are seen in the world, like at guild traders and on tabards. I can see myself taking several days to find the right guild and this information is handy, even if the guild is full. I would rather see an indicator that the guild is full, and not be able to make a request, than to not have the guild show up at all.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on console and haven't tested anything yet, but from the list of changes ive seen that are coming to guilds, i can honestly say that i am super happy with what is to come, its something that i have always wanted to be able to do for my guild.

I think that as long as you can search for your own guild and see your guild advert it will give guild leaders peace of mind knowing that it is available and players can actually see your guild advert.

Great addition to the game.
    Edited by Chrysa1is on May 6, 2019 10:23AM
  • Thunder_Downunder
    Thunder_Downunder
    ✭✭✭

No

No

Guild region location

No

No

Filters based on free text search, or geographical regions would be good.
    Additionally the 'play styles' need an explanation. My balanced maybe some elses casual. Bit hard to know what they specifically mean