The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I Made Coldharbour Daedrat Snacks IRL

Elara_Northwind
Elara_Northwind
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I made some Coldharbour Daedrat snacks irl! :smiley: They actually weren't as bad as they sounded! They weren't the best thing in the world, but they didn't make me sick :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCDLxtvF-3o&feature=youtu.be
Edited by Elara_Northwind on May 23, 2019 12:36AM
Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing omg-
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I love your cooking clips, this is another awesome one :D
    EU / NA / PC
  • deadsheepb14_ESO
    deadsheepb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I bet the non-vegetarian version tastes better. :D
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on May 23, 2019 1:12AM
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay! I love your videos <3

I read somewhere that 1 American cup (8 fluid ounces) = 240 mL <--- do you capitalize the L? Dunno :D Trying to covert recipes back and forth between systems is weirdly entertaining. It also makes shopping fun.

Woopsie-- the measurement depends on what you're using. My big 2 cup measuring cups say approx 240-245, while my single cup has 250 written on it. Aaargh :D
    Edited by jainiadral on May 23, 2019 1:19AM
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3zI3doL.jpg

ZTX70G7.jpg

uXTO3YZ.jpg

From my kitchen, 3 separate answers....
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does the original require rabbit or does bacon serve the purpose? :D

But seriously, brave attempt. Where did you gather the info that this is intended to be some sort of muffin? It rather reminds me of a tarte flambee.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »

I read somewhere that 1 American cup (8 fluid ounces) = 240 mL <--- do you capitalize the L? Dunno :D Trying to covert recipes back and forth between systems is weirdly entertaining. It also makes shopping fun.

Woopsie-- the measurement depends on what you're using. My big 2 cup measuring cups say approx 240-245, while my single cup has 250 written on it. Aaargh :D

Google says 1 US Cup = 236.58ml

I know, I live in the U.S. and I'm starting to really get tired of having not been raised with Metric.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Solosus66
    Solosus66
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed your video , please make more :)
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    try a savory muffin recipe rather than a cake recipe - you'll find it will taste sooooooo much better

EDIT:

Seriously - you don't know what to do with garlic?
    Edited by Imza on May 23, 2019 2:51AM
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

I know, I live in the U.S. and I'm starting to really get tired of having not been raised with Metric.

Heh, this dumb American finds the metric system really confusing :D But if the recipe is all one set of measurements, you can usually puzzle it out. I've come across some weird hybrids where dry goods are measured in metric units, but liquids are in cups and tablespoons. Those are fun :p Still, it would be nice to convert to metric. At least we'd all be using the same cookware.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the recipe in Tamriel FOR pet Daedrats or made from Daedrats ?

Awesome video as always :)
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I give you an awesome for your daring to try something different!

I apologise for my outburst earlier. There are probably many people that don't know what to do with garlic.

Good luck with your next experiment!

EDIT:
    Spelling
    Edited by Imza on May 23, 2019 4:40AM
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone mention GARLIC?
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice vid.

By the way:
    ...I read somewhere that 1 American cup (8 fluid ounces) = 240 mL <--- do you capitalize the L?

It's correct to write millilitre ml or mL
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nom! I kind of want to try those.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going shopping after work to get the ingredients!
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bet the non-vegetarian version tastes better. :D

Yes, I think they probably would have, 100% lol :lol:

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3zI3doL.jpg

ZTX70G7.jpg

uXTO3YZ.jpg

From my kitchen, 3 separate answers....

Thank you very much! That should come in handy for next time! :smiley:

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does the original require rabbit or does bacon serve the purpose? :D

But seriously, brave attempt. Where did you gather the info that this is intended to be some sort of muffin? It rather reminds me of a tarte flambee.

I think the original was intended to be made with Daedrat haha! :lol: I just went by the picture of it in the game, and it looks like a little muffin to me :blush:

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made some Coldharbour Daedrat snacks irl! :smiley: They actually weren't as bad as they sounded! They weren't the best thing in the world, but they didn't make me sick :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCDLxtvF-3o&amp;feature=youtu.be

I love baking and this is a sweet video. You have such a pretty face and adorable accent. Great work, I'm vegetarian aswell.
    I'm feel so happy when I meet another vegetarian 🐛🌻
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCDLxtvF-3o&amp;feature=youtu.be

I love baking and this is a sweet video. You have such a pretty face and adorable accent. Great work, I'm vegetarian aswell.
    I'm feel so happy when I meet another vegetarian 🐛🌻

Thank you very much! That is very sweet of you to say :blush: And hooray for the veggies! :smiley:

• Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Heh, this dumb American finds the metric system really confusing :D But if the recipe is all one set of measurements, you can usually puzzle it out. I've come across some weird hybrids where dry goods are measured in metric units, but liquids are in cups and tablespoons. Those are fun :p Still, it would be nice to convert to metric. At least we'd all be using the same cookware.

The metric system has been legal to use in the US since 1866, which makes the US one of the first countries outside of French-occupied Europe (and those nations' colonies overseas) to do so if I remember correctly. The US federal government's survey agency had been using a prototype meter for about 50 years at that point. After the Mendenhall Order of 1893, the metric system has been the basis for all measurements in the US -- all US customary units are defined in terms of their metric equivalents. When you see the maps that show the US as the only place in the world that doesn't use metric, it's a lie. The US has been officially dual-use for over 150 years.

Anyways, who measures things down to a gnat's whiskers when they're cooking? I just eyeball it. Turns out fine, most times.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hungry at the office now, and it's not even 11 a.m. yet. Thanks!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh that is awesome! also from everything i hear from professional bakers - the key to good consistent results is apparently measuring dry ingredients by weight rather then volume. just to confuse things even further :P
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love your videos and this was just adorable! I'm also vegetarian and love to make up recipes. I might have to try something similar now... Don't stop making videos! :)
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love your videos and this was just adorable! I'm also vegetarian and love to make up recipes. I might have to try something similar now... Don't stop making videos! :)

Thank you! <3 making up recipes is super fun! :smile:

• jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice vid.

By the way:
    ...I read somewhere that 1 American cup (8 fluid ounces) = 240 mL <--- do you capitalize the L?

It's correct to write millilitre ml or mL

Thanks :) I'd totally forgotten-- haven't actually written mililiter in about 20 years :D

The metric system has been legal to use in the US since 1866, which makes the US one of the first countries outside of French-occupied Europe (and those nations' colonies overseas) to do so if I remember correctly. The US federal government's survey agency had been using a prototype meter for about 50 years at that point. After the Mendenhall Order of 1893, the metric system has been the basis for all measurements in the US -- all US customary units are defined in terms of their metric equivalents. When you see the maps that show the US as the only place in the world that doesn't use metric, it's a lie. The US has been officially dual-use for over 150 years.

Anyways, who measures things down to a gnat's whiskers when they're cooking? I just eyeball it. Turns out fine, most times.

*raises hand* If I've never made something before, absolutely. I'm not a pro cook--hell, barely an amateur-- so insecurity comes with the territory ;) The second and third time, sure, I'll relax a little.

TBH, my biggest problem comes from trying to explain what something is and finding innacurate and stupid answers. If I were anywhere else in the world and I googled US "cups," the first question out of my mouth would be, "Are you people high?"

Who would make a recipe based around a nonsensical measurement like 237.6 ml? After that, I'd avoid those recipes like the plague because using those weird measurements would be annoying AF. And it's a shame, because there are a lot of fantastic foods and recipes from all different heritages in the US.
    Linaleah wrote: »
    oh that is awesome! also from everything i hear from professional bakers - the key to good consistent results is apparently measuring dry ingredients by weight rather then volume. just to confuse things even further :P

Oh my god :D I'm really glad I don't bake. Stews, stir frys, and stovetop stuff are more my speed.