The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Help me - Best house to buy

joaaocaampos
joaaocaampos
✭✭✭✭✭
Good location, wayshrine etc.

Help me - Best house to buy 112 votes

Mournoth Keep
23%
NestorSorianaOsteosDanikatJacozillarynthJoosef_KivikilpidtsharplesGlaiceanaRagnorkCerilonkathandiraSilverIce58CrisXDPeacatcherMortuus126_Salty_huschdeguddzjeSkjarbrandDosuul 26 votes
Sleek Creek House
40%
moonsugar66BlueRavenCaligamy_ESOAelorinSpacegatoSheezabeastLinaleahthermaticoEvergnarBlkadrAlnilamEEasily_LostZombabe1Waffennachtefsterpod88kkLadyNalcaryaXDark_One13ArchMikemSpiderKnight 45 votes
Other.
36%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdeepseamk20b14_ESOSvenjaSoupDragonKnootewootTHEDKEXPERIENCEphaneub17_ESORev RielleTavore1138JeremyJenziJayne_DoesylviermooneTaleof2CitiesRobo_HoboHvzedaabigfishyZathrasCzeriSolid_Metal 41 votes
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depend on use, Mournoth keep is larger inside, Sleek Creek is tiny inside, not much larger than the inn rooms.
    Exterior Sleek creek is better for me and the location is extremely good being next to Rawl.
    Also who design do you like most
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournoth Keep
    The only thing wrong with Mournoth Keep is that it can get very, very, very dark inside. I used like a quarter of the slots just for lighting. Very large inside tho, and spacious outside.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on May 23, 2019 2:07AM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek House
    Sleek Creek! It makes thieving soooo easy! Especially when farming motifs from NPCs in Morrowind. Pickpocket a motif, port to house, exit, and the outlaw refuge is right there outside! Also easy access to bank, mount training, and wayshrine.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Old Mistveil Manor. Best medium house imo. Not too big and not too small. Cozy yard and nice architecture, close to Riften and its shine.
    It's more expensive than sleek Creek, but it is worth it.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old Mistveil Manor. Best medium house imo. Not too big and not too small. Cozy yard and nice architecture, close to Riften and its shine.

1kk? No! I can't pay for it!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek House
    Sleek Creek is very "homely", enough interior space to fill a Studio Apartment, you can cut the single room in half with dividers to make a Kitchen/Dining and Bedroom/Living. The exterior is the main value. Since the house is elevated you have all the space both around and directly underneath as well as a water feature and garden area.

In location the house is literally ten seconds away from a player hub that has merchants, crafting tables, guild traders, a bank, and outlaw refuge within the same small area, as well as the wayshrine. All that makes me believe Sleek Creek is the perfect house above all, even if it's not the most extravagant. It's the most convenient while also pretty.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    I buy inexpensive houses with gold. The primary purpose is not "residence". It's convenience. I want a house in every zone so my characters have instant free access, especially during events where the character has never been to that zone.

I do have furniture in all of them and they are quite nice and cozy. But they are still just like a place to stop at on a trip.

• Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    Both mentioned seem to be the best choices within their class and can house all storage chests.

Among the more expensive ones, I like the Alinor house, but it exceeds a million.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Hundings palatial hall
  • deadsheepb14_ESO
    deadsheepb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What's the cheapest with the best location that also lets you sell/launder your stolen goods with zero chance of guard aggro?

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Twin Arches - It's sturdy and keeps the sandstorms out ... it's also near civilization if you need that every once in awhile.

pGquFGe.png
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its a large house
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The free Psjiic one is actually pretty good. Sleek Creek for placement though for sure. The actual house though is basically just a room with a little courtyard.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Reaper's March Kitty Manor. It's next to a Wayshrine, has its very own pool, Barn on the side for all your basic crafting stuff.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have particular expectations for a house I would buy.

First, I like it to have a good location, preferably in a town, and preferably in a zone appropriate to the character (which is why I prefer cheaper, single character houses... each character should really have his own).

Second, I like it to have a separate room I can use as a bedroom. Domus Phrasticus is very good in this regard, as it has a private living area upstairs, and a more public area downstairs.

Third, I like it to have a balcony, preferably in the real world, so I can watch as people go wandering by on quests or what have you. I bought Grymharth's Woe for this, even though the "balcony" is really little more than a shelf.

Fourth, I like it to have a pleasing view. One of my favourites for this is the Velothi Harbour House in the north of Vvardenfell. However, Old Mistveil Manor is terrible for this, as is the Autumn's Gate house, as they have tall walls that block the entire view. The Cyrodiilic Jungle House gets away with it because there's a kind of trellice you can see through.

Fifth, I like it to have a nice yard if possible, even if it's a back yard, as the Narsis house has.

Sixth, I like it to have a nice porch, preferably in the real world, that the character can sit on.

Finally, I like a house to have levels. The Gardiner House in Wayrest is nice in this way, as it has both upstairs and basement. Unfortunately, it lacks a lot of other elements.

You will have your own list of things you would like in a house. I suggest ranking them, and then choosing a house that has more of the more important things.

For me, I ended up buying Grymharth's Woe. There are others I might have considered (such as the Domus Phrasticus, if it was in a better location).
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mournoth. It’s right by a wayshrine. Never pay to port again or waste time hoping guildies are where you want to go.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apartment in Sentinel’s bar and Snugpod. Wayshrine, crafting, banker, stealing, and with Snugpod you get Undaunted enclave right there. If it wasn’t so ugly it would be a must have. And yes, I am the same Bosmer obsessed max_only saying Snugpod is ugly. Not as ugly as the Argonian “mud” houses but still.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek House

100% right! It’s my favorite home out of all 25 homes I own, love the balcony and the way the house takes to light. Very warm, awesome home.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Sleek Creek house.. I have every intention of buying it.. just be a little bit, bought another house and have to build the funds back up!

Personally, I plan on doing an outdoor kitchen.. this would keep the inside of the house from getting hot..and as it's a semi-arid place, I would think the summers are extremely hot ( or so I imagine anyway).

The only thing wrong with Mournoth Keep is that it can get very, very, very dark inside. I used like a quarter of the slots just for lighting. Very large inside tho, and spacious outside.

Try using some of the "lighted" or "glowy" plants. Some of the corals that glow.. and I think I remember seeing a few other things that give off a bit of light, but aren't "lights". Really if you can put 'light' in a corner.. say the glowy blue mushrooms, they don't have to be bright, just make that corner not dark. I don't know if I am explaining that well.

Here are some plants and some other things that "glow"
    White objects in a dark area give an impression of it being lighter, add something like the floating blue Phijiic light , a candle in a white marble shrine
    WOx0tmp.jpg

These kinda glow
    2wFe91P.jpg
    QINqggU.jpg
    XFk4GEJ.jpg

These actually give off light
    r6gLYin.jpg
    l7WHBA1.jpg

Some of the red, yellow and orange plants might not actually glow or give off light, but might make the area brighter.

I put this in a spoiler so as not to clog up the thread with something a little off topic.

I'm not sure if that will help.. as they still take up slots, but two purposes in one object.
    Life is about the journey...cause it all ends the same
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Exorcised Coven Cottage
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek House
    Better location just out the major city. A guard free path to outlaw refugee. Has water and grass to work with in design. Smaller then others but just means can actually use the it well even with limits on slots.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek House

Sleek Creek. 100%.

Had mine since the housing came out and NEVER been able to fully replace it. I just can't get rid of it. You can make that house look extremely beautiful in many MANY ways. Completely change how it feels even.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournoth Keep
    Mournoth Keep is the best house. It has a nice courtyard and the home itself is a great size for the 400 item slots. You can make it look lived in with that amount of slots both inside and out. The wayshrine outside is super convenient also!
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I like Ravenhurst. It's not so big, not very expensive but looks pretty good inside.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other.
    The alinor crest townhouse is the only one I'd actually consider living in myself.

Aside from the fact that it's beautifully designed and has a terrace with a stunning view, it's the only house that isn't dark, filthy, grimy or in ruins.
    It has clean wooden floors and white walls. And you can turn it into a very cozy home. :)
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek House
    of the 2 houses in a poll - sleek creek. though I'm also partial to the small imperial home in baandari outpost
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek House
    Between Mournoth and Sleek Creek, Sleek Creek for sure. The traders, outlaws refuge, writ hub and amenities there win by miles. Though if you already have a main city home and location isn't important, Mournoth may be better if you're planning on furnishing since it's quite a bit larger (though it has no water, and is quite dark inside).

Since you don't want to spend money on a large home, the best small homes are Snugpod (best location but no garden); Black Vine Villa (2nd best location with a garden); as well as Twin Arches and Autumn's Gate (worse locations but good value).

Amongst the medium homes, Sleek Creek is the ultimate best; Grymheart's Woe and Cliffshade have good locations but no gardens; Ravenhurst and Velothi Reverie have bad locations, small gardens, but good interiors; and Mournoth and Ald Velothi have good gardens and interiors, but fall short on location. The rest aren't really contenders because they have either pathetic interiors for a medium house (like the Ample Domicile) or have no point (.e.g. House of the Silent Magnifico - there's an inn room if you want a house in Sentinel, and there's Twin Arches if you want a Redguard house, both cost less).
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek House
    bluebird wrote: »
    Between Mournoth and Sleek Creek, Sleek Creek for sure. The traders, outlaws refuge, writ hub and amenities there win by miles. Though if you already have a main city home and location isn't important, Mournoth may be better if you're planning on furnishing since it's quite a bit larger (though it has no water, and is quite dark inside).

Since you don't want to spend money on a large home, the best small homes are Snugpod (best location but no garden); Black Vine Villa (2nd best location with a garden); as well as Twin Arches and Autumn's Gate (worse locations but good value).

Amongst the medium homes, Sleek Creek is the ultimate best; Grymheart's Woe and Cliffshade have good locations but no gardens; Ravenhurst and Velothi Reverie have bad locations, small gardens, but good interiors; and Mournoth and Ald Velothi have good gardens and interiors, but fall short on location. The rest aren't really contenders because they have either pathetic interiors for a medium house (like the Ample Domicile) or have no point (.e.g. House of the Silent Magnifico - there's an inn room if you want a house in Sentinel, and there's Twin Arches if you want a Redguard house, both cost less).

I would argue that imperial small home is better then black vine villa. I LOVE black vine villa, it was the very first house i bought and decorated, but small imperial home is actualy inside the city limits, unlike Villa, that is farther away. (and it has larger garden) of course, villa is also 20k cheaper, but i honestly think better proximity and especially larger garden is worth it.
    Edited by Linaleah on May 23, 2019 8:41AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek House
    Linaleah wrote: »
    bluebird wrote: »

I would argue that imperial small home is better then black vine villa. I LOVE black vine villa, it was the very first house i bought and decorated, but small imperial home is actualy inside the city limits, unlike Villa, that is farther away. (and it has larger garden) of course, villa is also 20k cheaper, but i honestly think better proximity and especially larger garden is worth it.
    I can certainly see your point to an extent! I didn't consider Cyrodillic Jungle House because the interior is smaller than some inns (way smaller than Snugpod as well), and its garden isn't all that large either. :smile: I suppose the technicalities will be up to people's personal tastes.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.

If you're just after a good location it's hard to beat the room in the Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret. It's cheap and puts you right in the middle of Mournhold next to a bank, crafting stations, wayshrine, refuge, guild stores... basically everything is right there.