The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WHOSE IDEA was it to give Stamblades a Class DoT(the only thing they lacked)?

nsmurfer
nsmurfer
✭✭✭✭✭
OK, lets look at the things Stamblade has right in their class setup.

One of the best single Target spammable - Surprise Attack
Best AoE spammable - Power extraction
best Execute - Killer's blade
One of the best gap closers - Ambush
Sustain tool - Leeching Strikes
In-class offresource selfheal - Dark cloak
Burst skill - Relentless focus

The only thing they lacked in their class arsenal was a class DoT.

Guess what, they now have a class DoT as well with new shade. The new dual scaling Dark Shade is a Single target/AoE DoT which outdamages Poison Injection and has double duration. This is a big buff to PvE stamblades and fill the only gap in the arsenal of bow/bow stamblade(lacks of DoTs). In fact, it uses Magicka to cast, so is essentially free.
yes, I know Minor Berserk and major fracture was removed, but none of that matters in PvE, if anything the Surprise attack change is a buff.

Fun fact - NB shadow archer morph Shadow image equates necro Skeletal Archer/mage is in terms of DPS while having utility. The other shadow warrior morph Dark Shade beats Skeletal mage/archer by a significant margin and also has an AoE aspect to it. YES, NIGHTBLADE PET IS APPARENTLY STRONGER THAN NECROMANCER PET.

smh

[edited title to remove bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on May 23, 2019 4:23PM
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good
    at a place nobody knows
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc gets Streak as Dual scaling (useless in PvE, damage not worthwhile in PvP), Templar gets Ritual as dual scaling (useless in PvE).

NBs get a freaking pet DoT as a Dual scaling skill (already widely used in PvP for teleport and Minor maim, and now a great PvE skill)

All stam classes got a dual scaling skill but stamNBs got the one most useful, critical for their builds. Tell me this ain't bias....
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People wanted NBs to be more viable across a wider range of situations so they made them tankier with less damage and a dot. In reality what they should have done was just removed the guaranteed major defile from incap and then kept either fracture or beserk and added some survivability and we wherre it goes from there.
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must be wrong, all of these NB crying rivers of tears and treatening to quite the game bcuz they got nerfed...
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's the point of this thread?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you tested that it's better then poison injection? I tested on PTS for magblade and damage from shade was like LOL.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you tested that it's better then poison injection? I tested on PTS for magblade and damage from shade was like LOL.
    With a >80% uptime, it does like 2.5k~3k dps.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait until they are all using SnB in PvP...It's coming. Just remember I warned you ahead of time...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't have a problem with NB's pet performing well; what I have a problem with is Necro's pets being so lackluster
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so just give as nb lots of dot.
    Lower the initial damage then apply dot incrementally, like rising damage per tick.

Or, cc then dot and rising damage per tick. Combo that that with range executioner and nb will be happy. A range execute that does +500% damage like that templar execute skill.

Then let us have cloak infinitely, but no skill use while in cloak. Let nb be the stealthy class they suppose to be.

• Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Wait until they are all using SnB in PvP...It's coming. Just remember I warned you ahead of time...
    Those 2k crits every 2 seconds will matter.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »

Yep, they changed it or it was ranged shade which was doing 1k. Melee one does 2.5k just checked.. but grim focus does way more damage so what's the point? there is nowhere to slot this shade
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, OP, thank you, I just made up rotation with 5 dots (blockade, path, shade, lotus fan and grasp) and hit my 6M dummy U21 numbers without any rotation and CP optimization :D
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MartiniDaniels

From what I tested with near 100% uptime, Dark Shades alone can pull upto 4% of all DPS. The fact that it uses Magicka is massive, essentially giving you 1 sec of free stamina regenaration. Also consideration at one single cast, Surprise Attack gives you 25k damage average. On the other hand, Shades gives you 80k single target damage over 20 secs with 30k cleave per add.
    The long duration means you also get another second to cast another skill compared to 10 DoTs.

Yep, they changed it or it was ranged shade which was doing 1k. Melee one does 2.5k just checked.. but grim focus does way more damage so what's the point? there is nowhere to slot this shade

Melee builds, you replace Vigor with it in top-end groups. In another cases, you drop Blade Cloak/Rending Slashes with it, it beats them downright and boosts your sustain.

Bow builds will have bar space as it is.
    Edited by susmitds on May 23, 2019 12:54AM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, OP, thank you, I just made up rotation with 5 dots (blockade, path, shade, lotus fan and grasp) and hit my 6M dummy U21 numbers without any rotation and CP optimization :D

Hey, post your dps parse rotation, wanna see it in action, and copy it of course.

If its not too much, your gear setup and everything, please?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    @MartiniDaniels

From what I tested with near 100% uptime, Dark Shades alone can pull upto 4% of all DPS. The fact that it uses Magicka is massive, essentially giving you 1 sec of free stamina regenaration. Also consideration at one single cast, Surprise Attack gives you 25k damage average. On the other hand, Shades gives you 80k single target damage over 20 secs with 30k cleave per add.
    The long duration means you also get another second to cast another skill compared to 10 DoTs.

Melee builds, you replace Vigor with it in top-end groups. In another cases, you drop Blade Cloak/Rending Slashes with it, it beats them downright and boosts your sustain.

Bow builds will have bar space as it is.

Yep, it looks like everything is not so bad in PVE for nightblades, though abilities should be adjusted for each encounter. But that is hell of different durations to manage.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol imagine DPSing on anything but Stamcro
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine complaining about Shade when the sorc Twilight hits players for 5k hits
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well.. this is not new. Shade has always been a dot. I tested it long ago to confirm that it would proc skoria and it did. To be more specific, I tested Shadow Image, and all morphs do some damage while it's up- 15-18 seconds.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Well.. this is not new. Shade has always been a dot. I tested it long ago to confirm that it would proc skoria and it did. To be more specific, I tested Shadow Image, and all morphs do some damage while it's up- 15-18 seconds.

It was just a magblade weak DoT. Now it is a strong DoT for stamblade. StamDK was the only class with class stam DoT and StamSorc was the only one with AoE class stam DoT. Dark shade does both.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »

It was just a magblade weak DoT. Now it is a strong DoT for stamblade. StamDK was the only class with class stam DoT and StamSorc was the only one with AoE class stam DoT. Dark shade does both.

Ohh, I understand.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True but what would be a good SnB setup honestly
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam maybe ?
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

True but what would be a good SnB setup honestly

Edit - I can’t spread builds like that sorry
    Edited by templesus on May 23, 2019 3:55AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do realise that pet sorc requires 3 bar slots for that ? Two for pet and 1 for daedric prey and pet still can die which will require cast time resummoning. On nightblade You can choose damaging pet and You'll get hits up to ~3k on pet that cannot die , takes 1 slot and applies minor maim to enemy and is instant cast to summon. Yeah You can argue it lasts only 17 seconds and You need to recast it but same goes for curse if You want to have mentioned 5k hits and You need to recast it every 6 seconds. Also if You want to talk about damage of pets when they're affected by damage increase bonuses then with vulnerability from teleport strike and 20% dmg debuff from death stroke I think max hits of damaging morph of that pet on players would've reach 4k. Dangerously high for a pet that requires way less micromanagment then sorc pet. And dont even get me started about fact that nb pet scales from wep/spell dmg and max mag/stam based on which is higher when magsorc pet scales purely from max magicka which opens way more possibilities for nb then for petsorc.
    Edited by Juhasow on May 23, 2019 4:48AM
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sword and board staminaNB have been around for a while now. With the recent changes they’ve only made it more viable. I’m glad to see more diversity.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

You do realise that pet sorc requires 3 bar slots for that ? Two for pet and 1 for daedric prey and pet still can die which will require cast time resummoning. On nightblade You can choose damaging pet and You'll get hits up to ~3k on pet that cannot die , takes 1 slot and applies minor maim to enemy and is instant cast to summon. Yeah You can argue it lasts only 17 seconds and You need to recast it but same goes for curse if You want to have mentioned 5k hits and You need to recast it every 6 seconds. Also if You want to talk about damage of pets when they're affected by damage increase bonuses then with vulnerability from teleport strike and 20% dmg debuff from death stroke I think max hits of damaging morph of that pet on players would've reach 4k. Dangerously high for a pet that requires way less micromanagment then sorc pet. And dont even get me started about fact that nb pet scales from wep/spell dmg and max mag/stam based on which is higher when magsorc pet scales purely from max magicka which opens way more possibilities for nb then for petsorc.

Nb shouldn't have burst. It shouldn't have defense. It shouldn't have dots. Got it.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Man, you are talking with a Nightblade Main. No way He will admit that stamblades are still overperforming.
    Edited by Gnozo on May 23, 2019 10:23AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »

Well technically jabs are a DOT. And if anyone actually uses ritual of retribution, that's a DOT that now scales from stam. Speaking of which; maybe time I try it since patch.
    Edited by technohic on May 23, 2019 10:42AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another PvP complaint without consideration for PvE.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!