The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Exploration Achievements Crime Pays - Give to the Poor - Lightbringer

Usara
Usara
✭✭✭✭
Hello

Since I'm currently close to finish the three Exploration Achievements Crime Pays, Give to the Poor and Lightbringer (formerly known as A Bandit's Heart, Golden Palms and Keeper of the Flame), I thought I'd share my findings here.

Crime Pays needs you to extort goods of a merchant tending to his horse. You need the Fighter Guild skill "Intimidate" to do so. He will then put a backpack on the floor you can loot for a (usually) green item and/or a glyph. If you open the merchant inventory, you can still intimidate him afterwards. After the intimidation though, the inventory isn't available.
The NPC for Give to the Poor is a beggar rummaging in a filthy bag. The beggar stops his search and hails you if you approach (a follower icon usually appears on his head). The NPC will then asks you for gold. If you refuse, the beggar will send you packing and you won't be able to talk to him/her anymore.
For Lightbringer, you need to help an arguing couple over an unlit campfire. Just light the fire. You will even gain a 30 minutes buff that increase stamina by 5%.

The NPCs required for these 3 achiev share the same spawn locations. Those locations are not random, but there are multiple of them on each map.
Though it's not a rule, they tend to spawn along main roads (the bigger ones on the map), more or less close to a wayshrine.

Another thing to know is that, like M'aiq, the spawn is "linked" to the player who triggered it. Meaning as long as this player stay close to the NPC, this one will not disappear (or at least will stay for a very long time - I can confirm more than 30 minutes at least), even if you already talked to him. If you want to help your friends, just stay near the NPC and they will be able to interract with him/her too.
If the "trigger player" move too far from the spawn location or d/c, the NPC will disappear.

The exploit of disconnecting and reloging in front of a NPC to force another respawn seem to have been more or less fixed. I'd recommend not to waste your time with d/c and move on to another location instead. But that's just my opinion :)
An advice from @CoUsT : "It's better to find these NPCs once every 1 or 2 hours. So the recommended method is: check few places when you login, check few places later and check few places before you logoff."

I did not add M'aiq because there are already threads about him.
Check http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/95054/m-aiq-s-words-of-wisdom-i-like-m-aiq-achievement-locations-of-m-aiq-in-every-zone/p1 from @CoUst
and http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/776826/#Comment_776826 by myself

Here is all the locations I found. Keep in mind that there are more.

Ebonheart Pact
  • Stonefalls
    1. ExploEbonIStonefallsa_zpsa1eb0540.png
    2. ExploEbonIStonefallsb_zps79e38ab0.png

• Deshaan
    1. ExploEbonIIDeshaana_zps266b248b.png
    2. ExploEbonIIDeshaanb_zps0e55c699.png
  • Shadowfen
    ExploEbonIIIShadowfen_zpsc8f8dc84.png
  • Eastmarch
    ExploEbonIVEastmarch_zpsfe899cfc.png
  • The Rift
    ExploEbonVRift_zps919ea32b.png

Daggerfall Covenant

• Glenumbra
    ExploDaggerIGlenumbra_zps47707e94.png
  • Stormhaven
    1. ExploDaggerIIStormhavena_zps05938629.png
    2. ExploDaggerIIStormhavenb_zpsa8270bce.png
  • Rivenspire
    1. ExploDaggerIIIRivenspirea_zps4a309ec9.png
    2. ExploDaggerIIIRivenspireb_zpsb2c7ffc9.png
    3. ExploDaggerIIIRivenspirec_zps99b60659.png
  • Alik'r Desert
    ExploDaggerIVAlikr_zps84b532b0.png
  • Bangkorai
    1. ExploDaggerVBangkoraia_zpsae09b9bf.png
    2. ExploDaggerVBangkoraib_zpsa6ba64e6.png

Aldmeri Dominion

• Auridon
    1. ExploDominIAuridonb_zpse6b11859.png
    2. ExploDominIAuridon_zpsd9adb9b4.png

3. Grahtwood
      1. ExploDominIIGrahtwoodb_zpsb3b2c693.png
      2. ExploDominIIGrahtwooda_zps37c12334.png
    4. Greenshade
      1. ExploDominIVGreenshadea_zps90436b07.png
      2. ExploDominIVGreenshadeb_zps36732fdf.png
    5. Malabal Tor
      ExploDominIVMalabalTor_zpsf0928ad1.png
    6. Reaper's March
      ExploDominVReapersMarch_zpse3628d54.png
Edited by Usara on July 19, 2014 12:26AM
What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice compilation of info, thanks!
    thumb3d.gif
  • GFBStarWars
    GFBStarWars
    ✭✭✭
    really good post, i'm using it right now ;)
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    @Usara Here are one more location for the Rift
    eso_rift_Golden-Palms-Locations.jpg
    Edited by Sunrock on August 9, 2014 1:12PM
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    @Usara Here are one more location for Shadowfen
    Shadowfenexplorerlocation.jpg
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sunrock I can not update my maps at the moment but I'll do it as soon as I can. Thanks for the info :)
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here are two more for Malabal Tor:
    yiv05D9.jpg
    35ceN3U.jpg

And one for Reaper's March:
    XMKXzSz.jpg
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alik'r Desert: There's also a second location at the Northeast end of the map shown, near the road crossing.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stonefalls: There's also one location near Davon's Watch, in the area between the wayshrine and the stables.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addon 'Distinations' is very useful for this. I do have to say, I spent 1.5 hours hunting some of these and they just wont spawn anymore, went through all different kinds of zones and every location boom nothing. Idk if something triggers it or what but this is bull stool.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Silufadumar
    Silufadumar
    ✭✭✭
    There is also a spawn point for this achievement at the far east of Stormhaven, just after the wood mill, right before the bridge that exits Stormhaven and leads to Bangkorai.
    Edited by Silufadumar on July 23, 2015 8:06AM
  • R1Chi1
    R1Chi1
    Soul Shriven
    Found a Merchant to rob in Deshaan as soon as pass through the gate coming from stonefalls he is right in front of the tower building it's the first one you see on the left
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Good info and help me complete this
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The NPC for Give to the Poor is a beggar rummaging in a filthy bag. The beggar stops his search and hails you if you approach (a follower icon usually appears on his head). The NPC will then asks you for gold. If you refuse, the beggar will send you packing and you won't be able to talk to him/her anymore."

If he sent me packing am I sol for completing this?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht did you ever find out? If you accidentally refuse the beggar are you able to complete this achievement?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZAD1ST I did not find out - though I haven't noticed an option pop up a second time
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht thank you for replying! I'm trying to finish this off at the moment and I was worried that i won't be able to complete it as I can't remember if I'd refused to help any of them over the years lol. Fingers crossed :smiley: