The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who here is ready to start farming the new furnishings?

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
I dont farm much for these things but I'm turning grand topal hideaway into a khajiit resort so I'm gonna have my work cut out for me

who else is readying up?
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Still farming Murkmire stuff and the grind is insane. Been doing it for months daily and only have a few purples.
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Still farming Murkmire stuff and the grind is insane. Been doing it for months daily and only have a few purples.

I agree with this. I used to really look forward to new furnishing plans, but Murkmire killed my enthusiasm. It's a case study in how to take all the fun out of an aspect of the game.

I'll stick to farming the old ones, I think.
    Edited by JadeCoin on May 16, 2019 7:48PM
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JadeCoin wrote: »

I agree with this. I used to really look forward to new furnishing plans, but Murkmire killed my enthusiasm. It's a case study in how to take all the fun out of an aspect of the game.

It sucks that ZOS is making the grind super hard to push crown store....
    idk how to get hawkwing plummage
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk how to get hawkwing plumage
    It can only be had by deconstructing items that use it, which could only have been made by ...

How did they ever start the process?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope to stumble over some while exploring. :D
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    I've relegated myself to being someone who purchases recipes from folks who have better RNG luck than I. I can at least make gold steadily via farming... I have never received a decent furnishing recipe whenever I have tried to farm them. It's pretty frustrating to buy a recipe worth 650k to only create a couple of furnishing from for a specific need, but oh well :neutral:

My RNG luck is so horrible, i've been back playing for 2 1/2 years (over 3k hours) and i've never even received an Aetherial Dust except out of the anniversary boxes this year.
    Edited by Pinesy on May 16, 2019 9:23PM
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    JadeCoin wrote: »

It sucks that ZOS is making the grind super hard to push crown store....
    idk how to get hawkwing plummage

The funny part is that I don't see the push to the Crown store working in this particular case. Crafters gonna craft... and if they can't, then they may just get bored and wander off.

Of all the housing-related things ZOS could put in the Crown Store (and there are a lot of them), purely decorative furnishings are the one I'm least likely to be tempted by. Making the plans rare doesn't change that. It just makes me lose interest in expansions.
  • Gune
    Gune
    ✭✭✭
    Pinesy wrote: »
    I've relegated myself to being someone who purchases recipes from folks who have better RNG luck than I. I can at least make gold steadily via farming... I have never received a decent furnishing recipe whenever I have tried to farm them. It's pretty frustrating to buy a recipe worth 650k to only create a couple of furnishing from for a specific need, but oh well :neutral:

My RNG luck is so horrible, i've been back playing for 2 1/2 years (over 3k hours) and i've never even received an Aetherial Dust except out of the anniversary boxes this year.

I joined a housing guild where most people share this frustration and are very helpful in crafting the rarer furnishings for you when you provide the materials needed. Maybe that's an idea for you to save a bit on the expensive (rare) recipes.
    [PC-EU] PvE lover and Housing enthousiast
    Member of Tamriel Homes, Housing Guild on PC-EU
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll work steadily towards getting some of the khajiit furnishungs and revipes yes. I plan to get the notable khajiit home but if i change my mind i'll get the furnishings for my palace anyway as i think they will fit in purrfectly .

I always try my best to collect as many furnishings as i get from each dlc and chapter i play. Elsweyr furnishings are amazing.
    I can't wait...im super excited 😊😊😊
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My collecting new furnishing plans enthusiasm dampened significantly after Summerset, when they locked Calunda Lacquer to the three Summerset dailies and then nerfed Traitor's Vault. Then they doubled down on the mat grind with Hackwing Plumage.

I don't mind working for something, but it's a bit much. The furnishings are nice though, I like that they added filled bookcases and little knick-knacks - assumking those are craftable.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never really grinded for plans, except for MW. Fortunately, they came out with furnishing documents about 6 or so months later, but they haven't done so with any of the others.

I tried to farm Traitor's Vault, and did get a few purple Alinor plans that way, but I bought the majority from other players when it was heavily farmed. I passed on a couple of recipes that were above the price I was willing to spend then, and am kicking myself now, as the 3 or 4 plans I have left are the ones that I haven't seen for anything less that 600k on XB NA. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a Skooma Bubbler plan I saw for 79K when players were farming it in the TG quest. I thought, nah, I'll just get mine from that quest. Then, they removed it from the quest area before I got around to it. Don't see that plan for less than 500k now.

I know I can just buy the furnishings, but I'm a collector and want to have the plans and be able to craft them, if I want. I did get most of the CWC and Murkmire plans during the anniversary event, and by most I mean the greens and blues. Purples of those are still too expensive. I'm willing to pay more for plans I want, but most of the CWC and MM purples I don't even like, so it's really only about collecting them. So, not paying 600k+ for those. I might if it were the very last plan I needed, but I'd probably just leave my collection incomplete as my gold is better spent on plans I do want.

Heck, I'm still trying to get all the Homestead purples. I have a certain price point for those, and I got quite a few during SS, when players were farming Alinor plans and so the market got flooded with basegame purples. I'm hoping the same happens with Elsweyr so I can pick up a few more on the cheap.

TL:DR I'd rather farm gold and buy plans from others who have the patience to farm the plans.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's more exciting to find/steal a plan than to buy one. I came late into the game and there are a few (or a lot) of plans I'm still farming. Some are higher priority than others, so those take precedence (on a side note, some days I'm inclined to think the game can calculate which plans I'm after and deny me those, while giving me the ones I don't care for).

I will be farming Elsweyr and taking everything I can find. For the ones, who like me, will leave no container untouched, here are my tips:
    1. PATIENCE
    2. check everything and every possible pocket,
    3. patience, the one plan you want will appear one way or another,
    4. pick, pick and stab,
    5. patience,
    6. Kollopi essence (a "disguise" that can be acquired at the beginning of the quest in Greenshade (I think) ) helps when stealing
    7. repeat from 1
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gune wrote: »
    Pinesy wrote: »

I joined a housing guild where most people share this frustration and are very helpful in crafting the rarer furnishings for you when you provide the materials needed. Maybe that's an idea for you to save a bit on the expensive (rare) recipes.

Kind of wish crafted furniture was bind on pick up for people who didn't craft it, though.

While I am generally happy to craft stuff for free for people who want to stick it in their own houses, I'm not so happy with people who ask you to craft stuff for them, for free, just to sell.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 20, 2019 12:01PM
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont farm much for these things but I'm turning grand topal hideaway into a khajiit resort so I'm gonna have my work cut out for me

who else is readying up?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ce2b980736957483206aafc&rid=giphy.gif
    Edited by IzzyStardust on May 20, 2019 2:31PM
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna know if it’s just containers or like pickpocketing or both or what!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still farming murkmire furnitures. RNG is a pain in the a**. Some random containers with murkmire furnitures for crafting vouchers would help a lot.
  • Synnastix
    Synnastix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually found it more cost effective to farm gold and buy the furniture from people who have crowns to gift in some cases, esp if I only want one or two of the thing.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found farming in this zone isn't as bad. Way more lootable furniture, the drops from dragons, plus, and I don't know if this is just me, I'm getting 2 plans with each drop. I never find single plans anymore. Not always new ones, but it does up the chances. I already have more Elsweyr plans in the two days I've played than I do Murkmire ones since release.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to make a topic about this but I'll just ask here (unless you all ignore me then I'll be forced to make a topic so you can ignore me :wink: ).

Has anyone found a good farming spot for prints? Maybe , she says hopefully, something akin to Traitor's Vault. I haven't had a chance to play much so I haven't really scoped things out. I did find a blue in a delve this morning, so that made me happy :smile:.
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    Farm dragons. They can drop document pouches. Havent found any other way.
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Found one in a random backpack as well, but this
    Farm dragons. They can drop document pouches. Havent found any other way.
    is the most reliable way to get them, as far as I have been concerned, as I opened every urn and backpack and container around, like hundreds, and only got this one random backpack drop.

Edited by ValkyriesWolf on May 23, 2019 7:39AM
    Metal forever \m/
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that I got a purple woodworking praxis drop from one of the dragon satchels. It's the one for the khajiit market stand or something like that. I'll put correct name tomorrow. Also had green furniture recipes from the dragons.
    Edited by wishlist14 on May 23, 2019 8:05AM
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of people in my guild have all of the furniture plans (not Elsweyr obviously). I just see something I want and provide mats. My rng completely sucks for finding anything on my own.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not seriously, no.

I like a few things, but I really don't like the Elsweyr housing that much, so it kind of dampens the desire to try to obtain them.

The inn room is too small (even for an inn room), Hall of the Lunar Champion is horrible, with that huge lazer thing droning white noise and shining cold light at you, the whole time and looking totally incongruous and those stone altars getting in the way, and the house they are going to try to sell us (Jode's) is the worst laid out design in a long time.

How you can go from the relatively well designed Townhouse, to that double square-roomed disaster, in one xpac, I have no idea?

Apparently, they need to get architects and interior designers to lend them a hand.

Plus, I don't have much gold at the moment and I'm just no good at serious farming.

Edited by Tigerseye on May 23, 2019 9:23PM