The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Question about platings and the cost.

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭
I'm starting to level jewellery, and looking at the prices in guildstores for different platings.

How many plateings does it take to upgrade 1 green ring to blue, is it like other crafting where it costs 4?

Best Answer

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gulnagel wrote: »
    I'm starting to level jewellery, and looking at the prices in guildstores for different platings.

How many plateings does it take to upgrade 1 green ring to blue, is it like other crafting where it costs 4?

It takes 1 green plating to upgrade, 2 blue platings, 3 purple platings, and 4 gold platings to upgrade jewelry

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Answer ✓
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes half as many refined matts as armor and weapons iirc. Of course it takes 10 unrefined mats to make one refined matt. It is intentionally more costly.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo, the making of a Legendary necklace would imply it cannot be found anywhere and you're forced to make it on your own because it is essential to your set/build. This is the only reason I'm keeping my gold platings, eventually using them for future use where I simply cannot find a Legendary necklace. Rings are easier to find and cost less, but necklaces are the most difficult to get.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Imo, the making of a Legendary necklace would imply it cannot be found anywhere and you're forced to make it on your own because it is essential to your set/build. This is the only reason I'm keeping my gold platings, eventually using them for future use where I simply cannot find a Legendary necklace. Rings are easier to find and cost less, but necklaces are the most difficult to get.

Overland sets, dungeon sets only drop in purple (or blue). You can wait until they show up in the Golden Vendor, but that is random, and you could end up waiting for years to get what you want, or you can spend gold and upgrade to legendary from the in-game drops.

There are choices for both! One is not better than the other!
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points