Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When Elsweyr relases, will Summerset become includes in eso plus?

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
Im a newer player, and I've preorder elsweyr. I have the morrowind chapter which is included in my eso+ subscription, but I do not have Summerset. To my knowledge Morrowind was included in eso+ after summerset came out, so Im hoping, and wondering if Summerset is going to be included into Eso+ once Elsweyr releases. Im not fond of the idea of having to pay for 2 expansions right after each other.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that it will be, yes, but don't take that as a confirmed fact.

You should keep an eye on the upcoming June Crown Store showcase, as they started selling Morrowind/Wardens/Morrowind CE items separately in the crown store starting on June 5, when Summerset officially launched on all consoles. We should find out soon if Summerset will get the same DLC treatment when Elsweyr launches :smile:
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on which version of Elsewyr you bought, you might end up with summerset. The collector's edition includes both Morrowind and summerset. https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_elsweyr_edition_ce
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Depending on which version of Elsewyr you bought, you might end up with summerset. The collector's edition includes both Morrowind and summerset. https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_elsweyr_edition_ce

That is not entirely correct.

There are four versions of Elsweyr, two of them are called "Upgrade", and they do not contain any other chapter than Elsweyr or Elsweyr CE, respectively.

The ones that do contain Morrowind and Summerset are the Elsweyr Digital Standard Edition and the Elsweyr Digital Collector's Edition, the latter containing the CE bonus swag.

Guide to Elsweyr editions: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxDuTqWXgAAF6OQ.jpg:large
    Edited by Watchdog on May 19, 2019 1:34PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Really? I thought those ones that includes it where for people who didnt own the base game yet? Hence the 40$ + 20$ (60$) price tag
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, sorry, my misunderstanding. If you're starting from scratch, then you can get the whole game to date. If they do what they did with Morrowind, it will be at least a year before the last chapter shows up as dlc.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will probably sell the Psijic skill line in the Crown Store, and treat Summerset Isle as a zone DLC.

They might do something different, though. We only have Morrowind to go by, and that is but a single data point. That they are willing to hand out prior Chapters with full game purchases of Elsweyr suggests that there will be some in-game incentive for existing players that did not purchase Summerset.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Summerset is now in the Crown Store as a DLC.

Summerset
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Summerset

Interestingly, Psijic is not in the Crown Store. At least, not under "skill lines". Guess it is necessary to get the DLC for that?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Summerset

Interestingly, Psijic is not in the Crown Store. At least, not under "skill lines". Guess it is necessary to get the DLC for that?

I could see making Jewelry Crafting standalone. But I do not know how you could make Psijic quest line standalone when much of it involves characters and dialogue on Arteaum. I don't think it would be possible to do Psijic quest line without access to Summerset DLC.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    erio wrote: »
    Im a newer player, and I've preorder elsweyr. I have the morrowind chapter which is included in my eso+ subscription, but I do not have Summerset. To my knowledge Morrowind was included in eso+ after summerset came out, so Im hoping, and wondering if Summerset is going to be included into Eso+ once Elsweyr releases. Im not fond of the idea of having to pay for 2 expansions right after each other.

As of today, Summerset is available in the Crown Store and part of ESO Plus for PC players - this will happen for console players on June 4 with that release. Enjoy!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As of today, Summerset is available in the Crown Store and part of ESO Plus for PC players - this will happen for console players on June 4 with that release. Enjoy!

Do you still need access to Summerset to be able to use Jewelry crafting? :)
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you still need access to Summerset to be able to use Jewelry crafting? :)

If it is now part of ESO+ then you should be able to access it via this method without the need to actually "purchase" Summerset, but in a more direct answer to your question - I am pretty sure you at least need "access" to Summerset through some manner or another, and that Jewelry Crafting is not going to be added to the "base game."
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean there will be a Summerset anniversary like how there was a Morrowind anniversary? Will we see some goodies again that we might have missed out on like the Mephala furnishing pack or the Nightmare Lion? I would be excited if that was the case!
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]